4.7 out of 5 stars1,681

on 20 March 2014
If I could give more stars I would! I nearly didn't read this book as from the cover I thought it was going to be another fifty shades, but I am so happy I changed my mind, this is the most absorbing book I have read in a long time. The sex is very hot but it's the storyline that keeps you reading until the early hours, it's not just believable it's interesting I honestly didn't know what was going to happen from one page to the next. I am sad to finish it but feel it has made a lasting impression on me. I will definitely look for more from this author, absolutely loved it.
on 21 March 2014
What can I say, three books in one go and I had them finished within 3 days. This series was such a page turner. I loved the twist in book 2 with Celia, wasn't expecting that and book 3 wow, the twist was amazing and I just had to keep reading even though I was tortured and in so much pain for Alayna. I am now functioning on 2 hours sleep after refusing to stop reading until I got to the end of book 3. It was a journey I know I will return too and when you look forward to re-reading a book that is always a good sign. The price for these 3 books was amazing too, just £0.49 and you get page turners that will make you want to stay awake just to see what is going to happen next. Loved Hudson's character too and even Sophie the nasty nasty mother. Definitely recommending this series to all my friends.
on 19 March 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this trilogy, even staying up late one night because I couldn't put it down, (hubby was away so no problem). The characters to me all had a part to play not just someone who was filling the page, I really did get pulled in. I could understand one of the main characters problems (no spoilers) I think a lot of people have done this.. if not so intense.. at some time but as for the other well i could of slapped him then I wanted him myself. It was nice getting the trilogy together as there was no cliffhanger.
on 24 March 2014
I couldn't put this Trilogy down and read all three books in 24 hours. The story had me captivated from the start.

The characters were brilliantly brought to life, their anguish and personal traumas felt.

Cannot wait for Hudson to see this story from his perspective. Highly recommended!!!
on 24 March 2014
Laurels page you are amazing, I couldn't put thi book trilogy down and when it was over i wanted more! Can't wait for Hudson and his side of the story, the teaser had me hooked immediately just like the trilogy. Hudson is just WOW I want more.
on 19 March 2014
I loved reading these titles so much they nothing like I've read so far....I get so involved and lost in the characters when I read so this was great, fantastically written, didn't want the story to end I laughed and cried sadness and joy, wished it could go on and on, look forward to reading Hudson reading it from his side. Although it talks about sex I think its more about love and passion rather then just hot steamy sex compared to some other books I've read and the storyline is intense and captivating cant praise these books enough first I've read of Laurelin Page but if any of her others are like this one I will definitely absolutely read, captured me from beginning to end.
on 24 March 2014
Being a complete prole, I am not really interested in the love lives of the one per cent, but, as I was laid up with stinking cold, and this was a trilogy on offer for 49p, I just couldn't say no.

Either by accident or by design, the plot is a reworking of a French 18th century novel (a classic, so it's no bad thing). Just about all the major characters are bonkers, there's melodrama all the way through, so all in all, plenty to distract from my disdain for grumpy rich blokes. (Really, you have lots and lots of money get over everything else!!)

There isn't much humour to provide respite from the drama, and as the one character that provides some consistent light relief, Leisl deserves her own book as reward for her efforts here!
on 15 September 2014
I am going to write about this book as I have literally just finished all 3 books and I am hot under the collar. “If you want possessive alpha male, I can certainly comply.” with a line like this it gives you and idea of the type of book I am writing about. It begins with a pretty normal female character in Alayna she has had her issues in the past with wanting to find love but taking it to a certain extent that is deemed "STALKER" after over coming these issues a seriously hot suited man walks into the bar she works in and from that moment although she knows deep down he would not be good for her after a little persuasion on his part she is soon falling for him.

Hudson (the suited man) soon has her just where he wants her in his bed but what he doesn't count on is falling in love with her, the relationship was meant to be a deal to throw people of course but instead he wants Alayna and not for show but for everything.

It is a very hot book with plenty of naughty added in, it also has an extremely bitchy female character in Celia who is trying to bring Alayna's past back to haunt her by making it look like she was stalking Celia when the whole time it was Celia being the stalker little to Alayna's knowledge.

What I liked as well even though Hudson and Alayna have their own issues when you put the pair together it made them whole gave them hope. Nothing like a good story to warm your heart.

All in all considering I stumbled on this trilogy by accident I found it pretty darn good and look forward to reading Hudson which is things from his view point as far as I know which should be interesting I hope it goes into the reason behind his game playing and tell us more about his super bitch of a mother because I grew to hate that women with her horrible comments.

I love the fact this book drew me into there world the characters jumping off the pages like you are watching a tv programme. Looking forward to finding more books by Laurelin Paige.

Hope this helps you guys and you enjoy this book as much as I did especially the rollercoaster of emotions it will send you on.
on 6 May 2014
Well, what can I say! I paid almost nothing for this series, what a bargain! All 3 books at once too, no waiting around for the next book in the series to be released! The series I can relate it to is The Bared to you series, where the characters both have trust or emotional issues. I loved it so much I think I might go back and read it again very soon and I can't wait for Hudsons book to come out in July! Both main characters in this book have some serious issues and while they feel they almost "heal" each other, it's also quite destructive. Hudson "gets" Alayna, he understands and works round her insecurities and needs like no other man has done for her before, usually her jealousy and insecurity send a man running, but not Hudson. She's also stronger and in a better place than she's been since before her parents died when she was 16 and she became this obsessive person, desperate to be loved. Hudson.....his issues are different, he's been told he's a "sociopath" incapable of love, but he's fascinated by relationships and has dedicated much of his life to understanding and manipulating relationships, just for his own amusement. Which obviously leaves Alayna worried that he's manipulating her. Together than can work through all these issues and overcome anything, Alayna loves him so much and really believes despite his inability to say the actual words that he loves her too, he shows her every other way he can, she can forgive him anything, as long as they keep being honest with each other, but is he being honest? He's hiding something from her and his best friend Celia is out to destroy them, can their relationship survive, or will it destroy them both? Oh and this book is definitely X-rated, there is a whole lot of bedroom scenes, they spend more time naked than they do clothed, it is almost too much at times (as in the sheer quantity of sex scenes), but it's not dark, while Hudson is an Alpha male, there are no whips and chains and nothing too kinky, so if you are worried about that, don't be, it's just a very sexy book!
on 20 April 2014
Wow...what can I say? I didn't think I was going to like it when I started, I had a feeling it was going to be too like so many other books out there I've given a go and in some ways it kinda was - man is hot and loaded, girl is kinda feisty etc etc...both have their issues...BUT I decided to hold off on the eye rolling and persevere and I am so glad I did. Yeah, in that sense its predictable and some might even say far-fetched in a sense but to write it off as such is wrong because that's the whole point of fiction, isn't it? Sometimes you want to read something funny, sometimes something deep and intellectual, and sometimes you want to let go and read something that lets you drift away and fantasise about how cool it would be to be swept off your feet by a hot billionaire lol and there's nothing wrong with that. Real life is stressy and depressing and a good book should be an escape from that.
So considering that, I loved these books. They were so easy to read and as well as Alayna and Hudson had a myriad of other strong secondary characters supporting the story. Honestly, even though I will sound like a prude, I skipped through a lot of the sex stuff...not because it was badly written, but because in anything I read I am more fascinated and interested in the emotional, not physical or sexual connection between the characters. These books have it all in abundance and you can just feel the chemistry between them. Alayna is pretty irritating at times - jealous, irrational and whiny but these are symptoms of her 'illness' and so true to how the character would be and not just for the sake of having a whiny female lead. The character is honest.
So yeah...some of it is very familiar, along the same road as so many books out there, BUT it has enough twists and turns to keep the reader engaged and interested and I ended up really caring about Alayna and Hudson.
I read the trilogy in 4 days and during that time, I neglected my partner, my housework, my son (lol), no one could talk properly to me, I was so deeply engaged...late nights, reading everywhere I went I couldn't put it down, and so, I would definitely recommend this trilogy. Its interesting, its sexy and its romantic and I officially have a book hangover now...lol. Cant wait to read 'Hudson' now and get inside sexy Mr Pierce's head ;) because damn, he's bloody gorgeous...haha x