on 20 May 2014
Although (when I got to it) the story was just as good as the initial 'Gathering Darkness', by the time I had gone through Chronicles I,II,III, and then came to IV - I was frustrated at having to go through pages of the summary of 'the story so far' (though not entitled thus)......... it seemed to take up 25% of the 'book'. Then having got into the story and enjoying the developments, it suddenly stops with a 'revelation' (I won't say what for those who haven't read it yet) - and leaves one to expect another chapter or a Chronicles V.
I email Rod Pennington (as invited to at the 'end of the book') to ask if there was a Chronicles V in progress - but have not had an acknowledgement or response. So I'm in the dark and now feel I've wasted a lot of time reading this series when there is no satisfactory conclusion.

Generally throughout all the books, I have enjoyed the standard of writing, the ability to intrigue and add suspense without resorting to gratuitous violence which many 'thriller' books do. Just very disappointed to find the sudden stop (and the repetitive summaries - there ought to be a way to quickly skip over this in one go!)
on 13 March 2014
Fantastic what a read it had to be him. As ever an absorbing read that resonates deeply within. Although I love reading the Chronicles they are just too short. The subject matter is so exciting it just leaves one gasping for more. I can't wait to see where the next excerpt takes us. Hope you have started writing the next episode and please make it longer. Paul Buxton UK
on 14 August 2014
A good read but why all the chronicles stuff ....put them together and it's just an ongoing book which now needs to be brought to a conclusion ...or is Pennington still expecting to be enlightened?
on 17 August 2014
From the first book to the fourth chronicle an exciting read but the end was much to be desired. I expected a much better finish, this was way too sudden, unless there is a followup.
on 22 July 2014
Brilliant collection of books, from start to finish I didn't want to put it down. Well written in keeping you intrigued enough to keep turning the page.
on 14 February 2015