1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Sequel - Worth The Wait, 29 Aug. 2014
Ursula K. Raphael "AstraDaemon" (USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Hissers II: Death March (Kindle Edition)
I waited nearly FOUR YEARS for this sequel to Hissers. I think that's a new record for me, but it was totally worth the wait. I reread the first book, and I recommend doing the same, so you can appreciate just how much Connor and Am have grown as characters, while maintaining the personable traits that only 14 yr olds are capable of, such as Connor's gaming references and Am's penchant for f-bombs.

The addition of adults Doug and Olive was a wise move by Thomas, adding depth to their unusual relationships by comparison and contrast of the generational gaps between the characters. The difference in musical tastes is a clever touch as well, particularly when Doug and Am sing together during one of the most intense scenes in the novel.

Thomas managed to include quite the menagerie of monsters: mutant zombies, undead leviathons and a few others that I won't give away. Some action scenes explode on the pages, while others slowly creep up when you're not expecting anything major to happen. I felt the survivors' desperation to find some place to catch their breath during their insane quest to keep a promise to a friend.

I can't wait to find out how this trilogy ends!

Hissers II: Death March