Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 12 October 2014
For the first time in a long time, I have struggled to decide whether to give three or four stars (I don't do halves). I have decided to go with the four star simply because I did enjoy the book as a whole. Let me explain.

The premise of this story is fascinating. The world is pretty much divided into 3 species - the full bloods ('normal' vampires), hybrids (born of a vampire and human mix) and the humans. Every species looks down on the other but the hybrids are looked down upon by both. The hybrids themselves are split into two categories - the gifted and ungifted. Obviously the world isn't perfect and there are attempts to dislodge the government system they have in place. This is the part of the story that pulled me in and kept me turning the pages. I would have loved to read so much more about this world. There could have been so much more given.

Instead, the story focused on a love triangle between Araya (hybrid), Hale (her 'counter' hybrid) and Brazen (full blood). This is where my interest got lost. I never thought I'd say this but I became bored with the sex that happened on every page. I know that Araya was supposed to be confused and love both of them but her wildly swinging emotions were giving me motion sickness! I really couldn't be bothered to read through the sex scenes and was never sure if it was Hale or Brazen that she was with. By the time I reached book 2, I didn't care anymore. I spent the rest of the trilogy skimming through the numerous sex scenes just to make sure I didn't lose any of the plot within there.

Just who is Araya really? Or should that be 'what' is she? Who is behind all the attacks and why are they happening? Who can be trusted? Who can't be? These are all questions that will be answered in these books but you will have to wade through the sex scenes to find them.

I enjoyed this series but would have preferred the onus to be on the war, who Araya is etc rather than the love triangle.
on 22 April 2014
I recently purchased this trilogy and I am only 49% into the boxset, but I'm loving it. I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of it but I don't want to get to the end, because It's soooooo good. I love all the characters.
I hope there will be more books to come from the series, even though it's a trilogy.
on 17 January 2015
I'm stuck between giving 3, 4 and 5 stars for this book as there are things that i really loved and then there are things that are really annoying so I will stay in the middle. Overall it's a very good read and interesting story. The action kicks off almost immediately which left me feeling that I had missed a huge chunk of the story although it is explained much further into the book but did leave me a little confused about the characters in the beginning. Maybe this is a spin-off series? I liked the love triangle and I found each character intriguing but I found myself skipping the sex scenes after a while as they were every 2nd or 3rd page which distracted from the story. I wanted to get to the action/war and the final outcome. Overall a good read and I will continue to read more by this author.
on 22 January 2015
Loved his trilogy, it's the third set I have read by C.M Owens and it does not disappoint, it took me a while to delve in again after falling in love with deadly beauties as I was worried nothing would live up to my expectation. Boy was I wrong, I could not put this down, I literally read all day (so so bad) I read half of book 2 and the whole of book three in one day. Their is A LOT OF hanky panky which is HOTT but also a lot going on one thing after another that you can't tare yourself away from, also LOVE all of the characters, none of them got freaking annoying which can easily happen in books. Can't wait to get into the next part ;)
on 15 May 2014
Great series enjoyed it all. Lots of action, fast paced events with lots of twists and turns some totally unexpected and some very bad. The story also showed that emotions can change a person and cause them to make choices that can have a profound impact on others.
At times the story got very complicated with who loves who and secrets being kept, some for the right reasons. Each book flowed into the other and got better and better. Will read the next series, which hopefully will be as good as this one
on 22 September 2015
I have over 400 kindle books to which I have read most. I love adult paranormal books. I must say that this is the best book that I have ever read. I'm now on the sequel series and have also downloaded more by this author to my kindle. I love the authors style of writing and I could imagine the characters. I was upset when I finished the book-trilogy. The other thing is some trilogy's or series are often very short, each book in this trilogy is long. more more more I say from this author.
on 1 December 2014
When I started reading this trilogy I couldn't put it down I loved the first book..untill I started reading the second book..it was lik de ja vue it was just repeatedly the same all through .I think 1 book would have been ample for this story... I don't think 3 books was necessary ..I did like the characters and steamy bits even though they seamed to be at it on every other page..just too much..didn't cost much but 1 quality book would have been much better
on 1 July 2014
I thought the whole 'world' that was created was a great (and original) idea, and the characters were very believable.

The stories in the three books develop well, and are only marred by the fact that on virtually every other page the main character is making love. Seems to leave hardly any time to eat or sleep.

Overall not quite as 'un-put-downable' as the Daughters trilogy but still a good read. Quite a few typos and miss-spellings.
on 5 April 2015
I did enjoy this story but I only gave 3 stars as I detest it when people say 'of' instead of 'have', I used to think these people do not read but to see 'should of' in this kindle book made me cringe. Apart from that it was good, like others have said it is the same premise as some other C.M. Owens stories, where the main character is very special but I still enjoyed it and will read more like this but will outwardly flinch if I read 'of' in it again.
on 14 September 2014
Damn. This woman keeps me on edge with each book I read by her. C. M. Owens is just the perfect author, she's so creative; and I hope one day I'll be able to write as good as her. The Curse Trilogy is yet another amazing bundle of books which were just perfect from beginning to end. A sweet twist of... guess what? A curse - I'm kidding, well, sort of. Read for yourself to find out Araya Crush's journey to purgatory and then hell and heaven.