4.0 out of 5 stars The Curse Trilogy
For the first time in a long time, I have struggled to decide whether to give three or four stars (I don't do halves). I have decided to go with the four star simply because I did enjoy the book as a whole. Let me explain.

Published 2 months ago by Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)

2.0 out of 5 stars too much
Published 26 days ago by Mrs emma carter

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars The Curse Trilogy, 12 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Curse Trilogy (Kindle Edition)

The premise of this story is fascinating. The world is pretty much divided into 3 species - the full bloods ('normal' vampires), hybrids (born of a vampire and human mix) and the humans. Every species looks down on the other but the hybrids are looked down upon by both. The hybrids themselves are split into two categories - the gifted and ungifted. Obviously the world isn't perfect and there are attempts to dislodge the government system they have in place. This is the part of the story that pulled me in and kept me turning the pages. I would have loved to read so much more about this world. There could have been so much more given.

Instead, the story focused on a love triangle between Araya (hybrid), Hale (her 'counter' hybrid) and Brazen (full blood). This is where my interest got lost. I never thought I'd say this but I became bored with the sex that happened on every page. I know that Araya was supposed to be confused and love both of them but her wildly swinging emotions were giving me motion sickness! I really couldn't be bothered to read through the sex scenes and was never sure if it was Hale or Brazen that she was with. By the time I reached book 2, I didn't care anymore. I spent the rest of the trilogy skimming through the numerous sex scenes just to make sure I didn't lose any of the plot within there.

Just who is Araya really? Or should that be 'what' is she? Who is behind all the attacks and why are they happening? Who can be trusted? Who can't be? These are all questions that will be answered in these books but you will have to wade through the sex scenes to find them.

I enjoyed this series but would have preferred the onus to be on the war, who Araya is etc rather than the love triangle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 22 April 2014
This review is from: The Curse Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
I recently purchased this trilogy and I am only 49% into the boxset, but I'm loving it. I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of it but I don't want to get to the end, because It's soooooo good. I love all the characters.
I hope there will be more books to come from the series, even though it's a trilogy.

2.0 out of 5 stars too much, 1 Dec 2014
This review is from: The Curse Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
When I started reading this trilogy I couldn't put it down I loved the first book..untill I started reading the second book..it was lik de ja vue it was just repeatedly the same all through .I think 1 book would have been ample for this story... I don't think 3 books was necessary ..I did like the characters and steamy bits even though they seamed to be at it on every other page..just too much..didn't cost much but 1 quality book would have been much better

5.0 out of 5 stars This is bemusement, 14 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Curse Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
Damn. This woman keeps me on edge with each book I read by her. C. M. Owens is just the perfect author, she's so creative; and I hope one day I'll be able to write as good as her. The Curse Trilogy is yet another amazing bundle of books which were just perfect from beginning to end. A sweet twist of... guess what? A curse - I'm kidding, well, sort of. Read for yourself to find out Araya Crush's journey to purgatory and then hell and heaven.

5.0 out of 5 stars C. M . Owens did it again., 14 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Curse Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
I have to say, I ought to be angry with the author because I've had several late nights of compulsive reading as I couldn't put this trilogy down! I got completely swept away with the characters and I enjoyed every last word. I'll now move on to the next in the series! needless to say, I recommend that you read the series!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 9 July 2014
This review is from: The Curse Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading this but I have to be honest and say it's not my fav. I found it hard to connect with the characters and feel and real emotion. Before I read this trilogy I read the Daughter trilogy and I found this to be familiar to The Daughter Trilogy and knew where the story was going. On the whole though a good read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as The Daughter Trilogy, 7 July 2014
This review is from: The Curse Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
This was just not as good as The Daughter Trilogy (definitely read these). It was written in a bit of a strange style with not enough of a storyline.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story but just a bit OOT on the sex, 1 July 2014
This review is from: The Curse Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
I thought the whole 'world' that was created was a great (and original) idea, and the characters were very believable.

The stories in the three books develop well, and are only marred by the fact that on virtually every other page the main character is making love. Seems to leave hardly any time to eat or sleep.

Overall not quite as 'un-put-downable' as the Daughters trilogy but still a good read. Quite a few typos and miss-spellings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant Trilogy, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Curse Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
Had read some of CM Owens other books & decided to give these a go. Made the right choice as I enjoyed these as much as the Daughter Trilogy. A really good author who keeps your interest & honestly, you won't be able to stop reading!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Curse Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyed theses books, slow start but after a couple of chapters I was hooked reading at every available moment.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›