Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 25 February 2014
‘Octopus's Garden’ written by Ringo Starr and illustrated by Ben Cort is a picture book that leads the youngest readers on a journey into the underwater world, to visit octopus's garden deep beneath the sea surface.

The book was inspired by author’s voyage in the Mediterranean when Starr heard story from the captain about the octopuses that travel across the world seas collecting bright objects and perfect stones to use them in their beautiful gardens deep beneath the sea.

Ringo Starr’s book is not complicated and therefore it’s tailored even for the young children about 3 years old who will enjoy beautiful story about friendship and the beauty and innocence of childhood, while looking at colorful illustrations of underwater peaceful environment. Ben Cort for this book prepared illustrations full of marine color shades that soothe the young reader making this picture book perfect for bedtime reading.

The book comes with a nice add-on, a CD that features the author Ringo Starr (The Beatles member) who reads the book to young children in pleasant and peaceful way that will appeal to children. On this CD there is also a new recording of the song and an instrumental version that kids can sing with, together with opening message from author.

‘Octopus's Garden’ is well-made beautiful looking picture book for the youngest readers, that both with its text and artwork will be enjoyed by parents as much as their kids. I have read it many times with my little daughter and given the additional content ‘Octopus's Garden’ provides, it can be recommended for your children, or as a nice gift for some other dear child.
on 29 October 2013
The book is just great fun!!! Gorgeous illustrations! Excellent materials and printing! The text in the book is just the song lyrics and small introductions on the cover, but that's fine! Great for reading with children. My family is happy with the book! Thank you, Ringo!!! Peace, Love & Octopuses. (CD includes 4 tracks: Ringo's introduction, rare version of the "Octopus's Garden" song, Ringo narrating the song's lyrics and instrumental track for karaoke singing)
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 30 November 2014
How this passed me by, I have no idea (and no, that wasn't a deliberate reference). I have to admit I didn't get this for the book but for the CD and, like me, I have no doubt many other Beatles fans have missed this, and it's something we would all want, as Beatles collectors tend to buy all their solo stuff too.

The CD has four tracks:

1. A brief introduction from Ringo explaining how it all came about.
2. A new recording of the song from, I assume 2013 (though it doesn't mention anywhere who was involved).
3. Ringo reading the words, so we can all follow from the book.
4. A karaoke version of the new recording.

The book is colourful enough and might be something little ones will return to, as long as you play the song.
on 28 November 2013
The singing, then having Ringo Starr himself read the book to my child was beyond cool! She is so excited about the colors, the CD, and the story itself. We love our purchase decision and give it a 10 star rating!!!
on 23 March 2015
I found this book a bit weird but..it didn't come with a cd and there was no reference to one on the cover. To be fair, I think you need to be a real Beatles fan to appreciate it otherwise it doesn't really have any substance as a children's book, and I'm not. The illustrations were alright but I've seen nicer. Not a book we'll bother to revisit at a later date.
on 22 January 2014
I purchased it for my granddaughter for Christmas. It arrived quickly & I was pleased that it did include the CD - I wasn't sure if it would because it didn't say in the description when I ordered it. I did wonder if it would be excluded because the price was much less than I'd seen this book elsewhere so I was extremely please when it arrived with CD included.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 December 2013
I bought this for my granchild and he loves it. The illustrations are excellent and of course although I know the words, which are from Ringo's song, it was nice to read them to my grandson and it is quite magical. Then of course you get the bonus CD!
on 21 January 2015
My 4-year old loves it more than me but that is all that counts. He constantly asks for this story to be read to him and he uses phrases and names of it in his games with his toys... My husband sings the Beattle song... We are all happy.
on 13 March 2014
I highly recommend this book to Early Years & Key Stage 1 teachers.Also to all Beetles fans! A wonderful way for children to become informed, enjoy the amazing illustrations and get drawn into the garden through the music.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse