4.0 out of 5 stars Rather more complicated than I had anticipated...
Published 12 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Pages too small- useless for reading on iPad
Useless for reading - the pages have a thick border on an iPad so they are much smaller than the screen - this makes the staves really small for reading at the piano.
Published 8 months ago by Ben Dafdg

4.0 out of 5 stars Rather more complicated than I had anticipated..., 11 July 2014
I love the music from Frozen and when this dropped through my door, I raced to the piano eager to sing along to the score. Unfortunately I'd failed to appreciate that my grade 8 piano just over a decade ago was going to be insufficient to actually be able to play it. For those who expect this to be the typical PVG book that is over simplified spoiling the song, you're in for a shock. I've had to take up practising scales and arpeggios again in an attempt to even vaguely do these beautiful pieces justice. The beauty of this is that once mastered, this score will bring the satisfaction we long for in PVG but until that time, well, it's really rather embarrassing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not leave my piano alone!, 3 May 2014
Great level of difficulty. And the music sounds amazing on just a piano, far fuller than I thought it would! Watch out for the wonderful keys and key changes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn to play songs that brought Disney back to old paths of success, 6 Mar. 2014
If you watched the recently released Disney movie, except that you certainly liked its story and the animation, you must have noticed the original score that after years of domination of some other animation studios brought Disney back to old paths of success given that this studio was once synonymous with excellent soundtracks that were accompanying their successful movies for children.

In this book eleven well-made songs were collected from "Frozen" movie original score:
1. For The First Time In Forever
2. Fixer Upper
3. Do You Want To Build A Snowman?
4. Vuelie
5. Frozen Heart
6. Heimr Arnadalr
7. In Summer
8. Let It Go
9. Love Is An Open Door
10.Reindeer(s) Are Better Than People
11.For The First Time In Forever (Reprise)

Though I cannot judge with complete certainty the level of knowledge required for its playing, on first glance is somewhere around intermediate, its notation is easy to read.
After my daughter that got this book as a gift will go through all the songs I will complement this review with more details about playing experience.

UPDATE 12.02. - after some time has passed, my daughter still fully enjoy it, and given she is playing piano for three years I remain in my claim that the book requires an intermediate level of knowledge.

So if you liked the original score of the newest Disney movie, this book with plenty of color illustrations and movie artwork provides a great way to learn some of them to play.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard music, 18 April 2014
I bought this stupidly thinking that it would be "easy piano", but it turned out to be the full orchestral score squished into one piano part. It sounds wonderful, but I cannot play it (except for "Vuelie" and some of the right hand parts). I should have read the description, and if I were a better pianist it would be perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 4 Jan. 2015
I got given this as a gift and I have to say that I have enjoyed jamming along while my daughter sings. The songs vary in difficulty but I think that some of the low ratings that has been given, because the music is too difficult for the reviewer is a bit unfair. It depends on one's own ability and not all grade 8 certified players can sight read fluently after not playing for a long time. For what it's worth, I am currently working around grade 6 standard but I have found the level of difficulty just about right for me and with a bit more practice, I know I will be fluent. Having note bashed my way through most of the pieces in this book, none of them is more difficult than the Debussy piece that I am learning at the moment and it makes a fun and welcome change from practising pieces for my lesson!

My favourite piece is "Heimr Arnaldr" which is the choral piece sung during Elsa's coronation and is probably the easiest although there are several time signature changes."For the first time in Forever" is also fun but probably the hardest as there are lots of key changes, accidentals everywhere, tricky rhythms and it's very fast. "Let it go" is definitely easier than "For the First time in Forever". "In Summer" is a lovely jazz style piece but if you are not used to the features of jazz music, such as accidentals, cross rhythms, swung quavers and triplets, then you may find this quite demanding and will require patience as well as practice. All worth it though for the end result.

There is no tempo marking in any of the pieces so if you're completely new to Frozen music, you'll need to have a listen to see how fast it's meant to be. Also, some of the pieces go on for pages meaning that you'll either have to commit to memory or turn the page mid performance.

All in all, I am pleased with the product and I think that this is ideal for those who wish to play and sing along. I have to point that it's not piano accompaniment for the voice as the melody is repeated in the piano part as is the case with "Let it Go". There are several editions for the piano including: Beginners, Five finger, Big note, Easy, Piano solos and possibly Piano accompaniment. It's just a matter of finding the one that suits the user.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to improve her sight reading and really gives her ..., 26 Nov. 2014
Steve (Emsworth, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Bought for my Daughter who is on grade 2 piano, Great to improve her sight reading and really gives her something to focus and achieve because she knows how it should sound. great buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 31 May 2014
Good intermediate level (not too basic) piano part that reflects the original score. Very enjoyable and my son loves listening to me playing it and joining in with the singing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Music to our ears, 13 Jun. 2014
Great quality and speedy delivery, thank you. Good, very clear music book it has given my daughter an insight to music notes etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 6 April 2014
I loved the film, immediately bought the sound track, and as my daughter has learnt the songs it was only natural to then go on to purchase this book. We have lots of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 26 Mar. 2014
We alll went to see the movie and loved it. The kids then wanted the sount track and the music.