5.0 out of 5 stars A great end to the trilogy, 29 Aug 2014
This review is from: Elemental Cascade (Fuel to the Fire Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Wow. What an end to the trilogy! Beautifully written and very descriptive, Staniforth, as in the previous two books, transports the reader to the wonderful (and the not so wonderful) places that Davran visits, effortlessly. The places that Davran visits, particularly the Onktor Valley, really came to life on the page and made me feel like I was experiencing it for myself. I found this book impossible to put this book down as I wanted to continue my journey with Davran and her friends and family.

We really see Davran grow as a person in this book. At just 16 years old, the fate of the world and all that she loves rests on her shoulders. Despite this burden, Davran remains a strong female character that is loyal to her friends and family, but willing to do the right thing, no matter how difficult. I really felt like I was taking the journey with her; I was happy when she was, sad when she was, and fearful when she was.

I also loved that my favourite characters (particularly Khalil!),as well as some new faces, appeared again. Every character in this book is beautifully constructed and believable; yes, they have flaws, but it makes them seem real. Avoiding spoilers, there was one event with Ronyn that had me screaming at the book and wanting to hunt down the author, but after further reading (that involved staying up wayyy too late), that event was resolved.

Without giving too much away, I thought that the ending was extremely fitting, and a perfect place to say goodbye to my favourite characters. While Davran lived in a world that I would definitely not want to be a part of, I really felt that I knew her and the other characters. I've been with her when she had to dress as a boy to survive, I've been with her as she faced up against Saurian, I've been with her as she fell in love, and I've been with her as the prophecy finally unravels. If I'm honest, I am sad that my time with this series is over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Triology, 30 Mar 2014
Scorpio (Plymouth, Devon UK) - See all my reviews
From book one it started to grow and the more I read the more I wanted to read. I hate starting a book and have to stop for any reason once it has captured me. This was no exception. From start to finish of the first, on to the second and building to a crescendo in the third I was enthralled. Strong characters from start to finish. A stunning tale of highest merit. I loved it.

I loved Anne McCaffrey's Dragons of Pern books and never thought I would find their equal, but In this trilogy I really think I have done so. I can not give a higher accolade than that!

5.0 out of 5 stars What happens after you achieve your own prophecy?, 24 Mar 2014
The final book to the Fuel to the Fire is absolutely spectacular. Elemental Cascade by David M. Staniforth has written an exceptionally well thought out series.

I read the first one and loved it, the second one I fell more in love with it, I actually thought it was better than the first and this upset me, why well I had one left and the series was suddenly coming ot an end quite quickly. I was very happy that this was by far the longest of the three books.

With the previous books they each dealt with a part of the prophecy, suddenly Davran has to find her place in the world now having brought about the destruction of the barrier and the combing of the two worlds. It’s understandable at times she’s at a loose end and it’s easily forgotten she’s only 16 during most of this series as she seems to grow so much you can’t help but start to think she’s in her 20s with all she’s been through.

But of course the journey isn’t over yet otherwise there wouldn’t be a third book, nope there was one person or thing that was in the previous world with Davran that survived and is determined to cause trouble, Grizzle. Now there should be some sort of warning with this book, not only should you have a strong stomach but you should also watch out for Grizzle using her powers to send you to sleep or even making you scratch.

I found only one aspect of this book to be annoying and it turns out the characters in the book also found her to be annoying, I was not upset when her particular story line shut down in the story, but without her we wouldn’t have gotten to the glorious ending that the book gives us.

Along with new characters to the series we have a new race as well, or at least one previously mentioned but not met before, the Onkor were fabulous and by the descriptions in their village I want to vacation there this year. I loved them, not only were they insanely clever but they just lived in the most incredible place. Their lives are fairly normal, if you consider the amount of time they spend with dragons normal.

Which brings me on swiftly to the amount of dragons in this book, its crazy, hundreds and hundreds of dragons of all sorts of colours. There was also hundreds and hundreds of razor hounds, so there was definitely a balance of scary, which of course is like the story of the book in general, good versus evil and the balance of both in society. You have Grizzle in the pure evil category and Davran in the pure good category and somewhere in between is most of the population of the planet. Who will win, who will lose, and who will survive? Read the book to find out.

A wonderful book, and a fantastic series, highly recommend it for anyone who is a fan of dragons, magic or prophecies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finishes the trilogy fantastically, 17 Mar 2014
This book is an absolutely amazing read, and finishes the trilogy fantastically! Like the others in this trilogy, the book is wonderfully written, the characters are well-rounded, and the descriptions are excellent. Also, the plot moves at a nice pace, and keeps you guessing right to the end.

Warning: due to extremely detailed descriptions, those with very weak stomaches are advised to avoid eating while reading this book; I'm not kidding!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ending, 15 Mar 2014
The third and final book in the Fuel to the Fire trilogy brings the story to a satisfying end. All the elements that made the first two books (which you should read first for full enjoyment!) are also to be found in this volume - good storyline, characters and a really nasty baddie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Here be dragons!, 12 Mar 2014
Ignite (East Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
We first met Davran in Fuel to the Fire, the first of this trilogy. As with all trilogies, you really need to have read the first two books to know who the characters are and what their relationship is to each other. This book is the archetypal battle between good and evil and there remains the possibility that many, even most, will die. This book is a gift for lovers of the dragon! They exist in number and variety and play a significant role.

David Staniforth has a gift for description and I’ve enjoyed this aspect of all his fantasy works. He is also skilled in writing the sort of villain you love to hate. You will find both in here and a plot which will leave you on tenterhooks to the very end. Excellent stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars I really really really enjoyed all three books, 11 Dec 2014
Absolute bargin!!! I really really really enjoyed all three books!!! Amazing! This trilogy NEEDS to be made into films!!! Im so sad to have finished them, after 3 such captivating books my next read is definitely going to be Davids other fantasy "Alloria"... 5 stars *****

Elemental Cascade (Fuel to the Fire Book 3)