on 28 April 2014
This mop is ideal for keeping our fully tiled house clean. It is light and easy to use and the removable hand attachment is perfect for those cleaning jobs which are difficult to do - shower screens, grout, oven etc.

The removable pads are easy to wash and the whole device has made me feel that I can be in control of my home environment.
on 28 July 2014
I have been debating buying a steam cleaner for months, pondering if it will just sit under the stairs or if it will indeed give me the effortless, spotless home I imagine I should have.

After extensive internet research, Mumsnet informed me this was The One To Buy, and as a bonus I was on offer here on Amazon. I placed my order. I waited with nervous anticipation for my package to arrive…

It has transformed my life. Gone are my days of occasionally crawling around with a bucket and cloth hand mopping the floors. Now, Every week, sometimes more often, my steamy wonder rattles around my limestone floor in a cloud of steamy delight leaving behind a spotless floor, which dries in minutes. My god, it actually works! It also leaves the floor clean enough to eat off. which is good, as I have a toddler who was happily eating off the floor anyway so it is nice that I no longer have to feel guilty about that.

With trepidation, I reduced the steam output to minimum and steamed a little bit of wooden parquet in the hall. I was delighted that it works there too, this is better than I could have imagined. The blocks have not lifted, self combusted, warped, or any of the other Things Which Can Happen according to the instruction book (I have oiled parquet wood and it is tenuous whether this counts as 'sealed' or not).

For reference the long haired micro fibre mop head seems less intense and glides more easily, so I tend to use that for a quick swizz and for the wood, but the short micro fibre is better for a deeper clean on tough areas.

I have also unhooked the handheld bit and blasted the blazes out of, well anything and everything really. So far I have done the sofas, the windows, the sinks and bathroom tiles, the rug that may have had [ahem] a toddler 'accident', and the worktops. All look lovely. I need to do the oven but I was running out of steam and needed a sit down.

Finally, I contacted Morphy Richards direct as I may have slightly knackered the nozzle by too much brute force swapping 'ends' when it was hot (I may not have admitted my error in quite those words). They immediately sent me a shiny new one, free of charge.

Excellent service, wouldn't hesitate to recommend this item and indeed will be making a concerted effort to choose Morphy Richards for other small electrical goods in the future, as they were so nice and helpful on the phone.

I am happy I got this one not the lesser model - the variable steam and parking drip tray are worth it for me (I keep it under the stairs, on a wooden bit of floor so drips would not be good)
33 comments|155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 August 2014
just used our newly arrived steam mop and have to confess so impressed I felt I had to write a glowing account of this wonderful product
we used it on our wooden floors to start with and cant believe how fantastic they have come up and cleaning the edges really well
used the attachment on our mosaic tiles and again absolutely brilliant
for the money go for it the only trouble is it becomes quite addictive !!!!!!! finding all the grubby bits
on 15 July 2014
Does the job only drawback is having to use deironised water
on 7 June 2014
It is easy to use, but I found the machine on the heavy side, a little like a vacuum cleaner.
It does a good job but can leave the floor damp until it dries.
On the whole very good, another tool to our cleaning arsenal.
JW
on 26 March 2014
I have been using this product for almost a year along with most of the attachments which I actually find very useful and easy to use.

Would highly recommend.
on 26 April 2015
I absolutely love this!! I bought my mum and my grandparents one too! It works wonders on my tiled floor, carpets and even cleaned the oven with little effort!
on 17 August 2015
This is the first time I've used a steam mop and what a difference it makes! Out of the box, it is really simple to set up. The mop seems well built yet is lightweight. I was up and running in a matter of minutes. There's no doubt that the mop itself does a great job on floors; looking at the mop head afterwards shows how much dirt it lifts. However, the detachable part is the piece of equipment I am most impressed with. It generates a great amount of steam and the results are impressive! It's made the grouting in my bathroom as white as when it was first placed. The nozzle to direct the steam means that all those small, difficult to get to areas are now easy to clean. I love it.
on 22 April 2015
I've now owned 3 steam mops, an H2O which served me well before succumbing to limescale, a VAX S86-SF-CC which was diabolical and I returned after 2 days, and this one which I quite like. It has a replaceable limescale filter which should avoid the same fate as my H2O and has adjustable steam control which is ideal if you don't want to steam blast the **** out of everything it touches. It's not too heavy and very easy to click apart and attach the accessories to the mop head and hand-held section. Whilst the VAX was clunky and pig-ugly the Morphy Richards has a sleek design and glides under radiators and the fridge door.
MOST IMPORTANTLY, the tools attach in-line with the hand-held section (not at 90 degrees to it - the biggest problem with the VAX) so you can scrape, scrub and wipe with ease, although they can loosen if you scrub too hard.
The Morphy Richards has a few niggles which is why I have dropped a gold star:-
The cable is too short so it has to be re-plugged in every room, but it does clip up out the way for easy use and winds easily for storage.
The water tank flexible feed pipe is too stiff, so the weighted intake does not fall to the bottom of the tank when the hand-held unit is inverted resulting in a short supply of steam.
The shape of the mop head prevents it from getting in to corners, but it does clean right up to the edge on straight sections.

Despite the niggles, I would still recommend this steam mop as a good all-round cleaning tool. It is far superior to the diabolical VAX and £10 cheaper!
on 21 February 2014
I am very pleased with my purchase; this steam cleaner is simple to use and very light to carry/move over my tiled floors - and picks up the dirt very efficiently. Even on the highest steam setting (and with no central heating on), the floors dry very quickly. The mop head is easy to put on/remove, and is machine washable. Lots of useful attachments come with the cleaner, and it can be used as a hand-held cleaner too.