5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent product
Published 5 months ago by Mac

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling
Requires a lot of elbow grease just to glide over wooden floors. Not very effective cleaning system. Quite disappointed with product at this price. Product awaiting collection by Amazon for refund.
Published 2 months ago by Mf67uk

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent product, 21 Feb 2014
I am very pleased with my purchase; this steam cleaner is simple to use and very light to carry/move over my tiled floors - and picks up the dirt very efficiently. Even on the highest steam setting (and with no central heating on), the floors dry very quickly. The mop head is easy to put on/remove, and is machine washable. Lots of useful attachments come with the cleaner, and it can be used as a hand-held cleaner too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steam Mop, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Morphy Richards 720502 9-in-1 Steam Cleaner with Variable Steam (Kitchen & Home)
This mop is ideal for keeping our fully tiled house clean. It is light and easy to use and the removable hand attachment is perfect for those cleaning jobs which are difficult to do - shower screens, grout, oven etc.

The removable pads are easy to wash and the whole device has made me feel that I can be in control of my home environment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb product, 26 Mar 2014
I have been using this product for almost a year along with most of the attachments which I actually find very useful and easy to use.

Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement steam mop, 17 Feb 2014
This was purchased to replace a H2O X5 mop that broke and has proved to be a better performer all round at 30% cheaper. Only about a month old but would appear to be more robust than its predecessor, and more comfortable to use. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling, 20 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, wish I had got this years ago, 28 July 2014
I have been debating buying a steam cleaner for months, pondering if it will just sit under the stairs or if it will indeed give me the effortless, spotless home I imagine I should have.

After extensive internet research, Mumsnet informed me this was The One To Buy, and as a bonus I was on offer here on Amazon. I placed my order. I waited with nervous anticipation for my package to arrive…

It has transformed my life. Gone are my days of occasionally crawling around with a bucket and cloth hand mopping the floors. Now, Every week, sometimes more often, my steamy wonder rattles around my limestone floor in a cloud of steamy delight leaving behind a spotless floor, which dries in minutes. My god, it actually works! It also leaves the floor clean enough to eat off. which is good, as I have a toddler who was happily eating off the floor anyway so it is nice that I no longer have to feel guilty about that.

With trepidation, I reduced the steam output to minimum and steamed a little bit of wooden parquet in the hall. I was delighted that it works there too, this is better than I could have imagined. The blocks have not lifted, self combusted, warped, or any of the other Things Which Can Happen according to the instruction book (I have oiled parquet wood and it is tenuous whether this counts as 'sealed' or not).

For reference the long haired micro fibre mop head seems less intense and glides more easily, so I tend to use that for a quick swizz and for the wood, but the short micro fibre is better for a deeper clean on tough areas.

I have also unhooked the handheld bit and blasted the blazes out of, well anything and everything really. So far I have done the sofas, the windows, the sinks and bathroom tiles, the rug that may have had [ahem] a toddler 'accident', and the worktops. All look lovely. I need to do the oven but I was running out of steam and needed a sit down.

Finally, I contacted Morphy Richards direct as I may have slightly knackered the nozzle by too much brute force swapping 'ends' when it was hot (I may not have admitted my error in quite those words). They immediately sent me a shiny new one, free of charge.

Excellent service, wouldn't hesitate to recommend this item and indeed will be making a concerted effort to choose Morphy Richards for other small electrical goods in the future, as they were so nice and helpful on the phone.

I am happy I got this one not the lesser model - the variable steam and parking drip tray are worth it for me (I keep it under the stairs, on a wooden bit of floor so drips would not be good)

5.0 out of 5 stars Two steamers for the price of one, 18 July 2014
I opted for the cleaner with the removable hand device. I have not yet tried all the tools but the floor cleaner works very well on tiled floors, and in next to no time, the floor is clean. I use Demin water from the Car Accessory Shop for the reservoir, which holds sufficient for a huge area to steam. The hand device removes quickly and easily and the accessories are easy to fit and use. I ordered a separate set of pads, and the ones that came were different to those supplied with the machine. That is the only problem I have found, identifying the same sort of pads.

3.0 out of 5 stars steam cleaners/help?!!!, 24 July 2014
Have only used so far on kitchen floor{ solid oak} and was pleased and left not too wet.
Used hand held section on bathroom tile grout but found too heavy to hold and gave up!
Disappointed that need to buy distilled water and anti limescale cartridges as this wasn't
made clear when purchasing.
Did loads of research online{for many weeks} before choosing this one. Still not sure if
I can use a detergent liquid with the water{mainly for fragrance} as not mentioned on blub or online.
As was case with other makes.
Floor cleaning pads are machine washable, which is a plus, as you don't want to be buying too often.
Overall relatively pleased. Forgot mention that fact that it was half price{ 70} helped my decision!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the easy cleaning option it makes out to be!, 3 April 2014
This took over a week to come and then what a disappointment! The hand held element is heavy and unwieldy (it doesn't come with a hose) and my hand cramps holding down the trigger for so long to get up any head of steam. There is no real pressure to speak of so the dirt doesn't go anywhere except to make your cloth too mucky to use for long. Absolutely useless for heavy duty cleaning. The theory is that it sanitises but that is not much comfort when the grout is still black!

Morphy Richards were lame when I followed up on their invitation to call them rather than just returning the item stating that it is not a pressure cleaner but offering no tips on how to get better results.

I chose the Morphy Richards partly because of the 2 year warranty but beware of the 28 day registration period - "2 years" is in bright red on the box and the advertising but you won't get the 2 years unless you register within 28 days of purchase. This is a swizz - either they have confidence to give you 2 years or not.

Bottom line this item does not make cleaning any easier - you still need a lot of elbow grease and very strong wrists!
It is too late to return this but I wish I hadn't spent over 70 for what is little more than a basic floor mop - Be smarter than me; don't buy it

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 14 July 2014