5.0 out of 5 stars Roller Coaster Ride

3.0 out of 5 stars Annoying
Published 1 month ago by Squeaky

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Roller Coaster Ride, 12 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Sedulity (Book One) Impact (Sedulity Saga 1) (Kindle Edition)
Not the type of book I would normally read on my Kindle (No Zombies) but I bought this as the other works I've read by David Forsyth were really good reads. This book didn't disappoint, David quickly builds this story to frantic apocalyptic action, through introducing believable and likeable characters, the situation is very well thought out and researched. The action is epic, better than a blockbuster disaster movies your imagination is given just the right amount of guidance to allow you to envision the most horrifying of events. All the while the characters progress in a fair and honest way, making you care for what happens to them.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and will be at the front of the queue for Book 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Downloaded, read and wanting more!, 9 April 2014
I downloaded this yesterday evening and started reading this morning. I have done nothing all day but read this book! Love it!!!
I have read most of David Forsyths books and love his style of writing. This book is full of scientific information that supports the story and you know that there is always the possibility that this could happen in real life. His characters are always well formed and you can relate to the individual personalities of them all. I found myself cheering on the heroic 'bar keep' and the Captain, while wanting to shout at the rude 'Texan'. The book is brilliant and I cant wait for part 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars but well written with technical theories that are easy to follow and understand, 12 July 2014
If this book has not been considered for film rights it should be. Normally when I say I could not put a book down I mean that I read it over a short period, but with this book I do mean it. I started to read it in early evening and I read it without putting it down until I finished it in the early hours of the following day. It has everything, drama, anticipation and a need to obtain the continuation promised in Book two. I can not wait for this, when do we see it.
The story follows an event which we all dread, but it will possibly happen one day, maybe not for a million years, or maybe next week, we do not know. A frightening concept, but well written with technical theories that are easy to follow and understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hell it's Three in the morning, 4 April 2014
Bought this just in hope, could not put it down, hence just finished it at 02:55 In the morning. Can't wait for next volume do I need to say much more. Oh! Yes I'm to try the site were you can calculate earth impacts. Need sleep now so buy it yourself and read how the world might end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another hit I think, 8 May 2014
W0lfie "w0lfie" (London suburbs UK) - See all my reviews
Words almost fail me, a cracking read made all the more scary by knowing that this could happen, indeed, we know it has already happened at least once!
I'm now waiting for book 2 why? oh why must I wait!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 10 May 2014
What a book. Just back from cruise and found it quite scary to think what could happen if asteroid really hit. Cannot wait for next one to come out to see what happens to the characters

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love disaster movies then this is for you, 15 July 2014
Great book by David Forsyth I've been reading his flotilla of the dead series and too a break to read this book. If you love disaster movies then this is for you

4.0 out of 5 stars The author is like an artist with words - when I am reading ..., 30 Jan. 2015
The author is like an artist with words - when I am reading his work I feel totally immersed in the scene and the action, more like watching a film than reading. When I got to the end of this book, I couldn't wait to read the sequel (which is just as good, by the way).
The only reason I have given it less than five stars are:
1. The occasional typo or grammatical error, not as many as in some Kindle books, but I find each one jolts me back to reality for a moment, spoiling the reading pleasure.
2. The subject matter is not the most cheerful, and unfortunately I have studied enough to know that the science is mostly very well researched and likely to be correct, so that the grim experiences and forecasts in this book could well be reality for us at some time. Our lives are fragile things. Therefore I can feel a bit low as a result of reading a book like this.

I still can't wait to read the next installment, though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope not in my lifetime, 2 May 2014
excellent book will recommend to everyone.e l know that reads this type of book can"t wait for the follow up

3.0 out of 5 stars Annoying, 11 Mar. 2015
Sorry but this just wasn't for me. I liked the idea but found the author's choice of words and phrases really annoying. Characters were uninteresting, so I didn't really care about them. There were also lots of contradictions; for example; we were told that the shock wave would be stronger than any nuclear bomb but a few pages on, we were told that it could be as strong as a nuclear bomb

I don't really like criticising an author because I do realise the amount of effort that goes into writing a book but hopefully it is is constructive and of course it is only my opinon, others seem to love it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›