5.0 out of 5 stars Great suction, only 1 drawback
Published 11 months ago by Lolsy

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money on this!
This has very poor suction and is so noisy it's physically hurting my ears. Not worth the money!
Published 3 months ago by S. J. Jarvis

5.0 out of 5 stars Great suction, only 1 drawback, 7 Jun. 2014
This review is from: BLACK+DECKER Lithium Flexi Vacuum with Pet Hair Removal Tool, 14.4 V, Light Blue (Kitchen & Home)
This is a great little tool. I was about to buy the previous Black and Decker model but this newer model was available - and at a lower price! The main change from old, appears to be the new Lithium battery - sounds like Black & Decker are aware of the fairly short battery life of the previous model, that a few reviewers picked up on. I haven't used the previous model so can't compare but to give you an idea on this the charge lasts for a good 20 - 25 minutes on constant power with a full charge. This is the main and pretty much only drawback, although not enough to deduct a star, but I had expected a little more. It took approximately 4 hours to charge the battery up on first use.

I have a pug that sheds LOADS of fur in my car and this was the main reason for my purchase. It is much easier than lugging out the main hoover, plugging it in, etc. However I will definitely be using this to get fur off the sofa and elsewhere too. If you have a Henry Hoover (for comparison) which is of course mains , the suction is of a similar level to that. There is no Turbo button because of course that would zap the battery life even more - but the suction is really the main selling point of this. If you are unsure - as I was - I can safely say, do not be.

The pet hair piece is absolutely brilliant. When I unwrapped it I thought it was a cheap piece of plastic that would soon find its way in the bin, but it loosens and pulls up fur with ease, making it so much easier. Also includes a thin nozzle and brush piece.

PROS: Great suction, half the price of a Dyson, pet hair removal is brilliant, has small filter, easy to empty (bagless obviously).
CONS: Power only lasts for 20-25 minutes on full charge. Slightly difficult to maneuver in tight places given 'plastic bend'

I haven't tried the Dyson equivalent ... but I can't see how it can be any better at 2x the price. I'm the sort of person who would never pay a premium just for a 'brand' - I have a Henry Hoover for the house and it's so much better than any Dyson I've ever used, so I'm very glad I bought this and didn't waste £70+ more on a Dyson.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent vac and a demon on dog hair!, 8 Sept. 2014
I wanted a mini vac to save me having to drag the big Dyson out every time I wanted to clear the couch of husky dog hair. They shed a LOT and when blowing her coat you can literally pull handfuls of hair off ours, creating epic fluff balls all over the house but especially the couch where she likes to sleep. I was worried this might not be powerful enough but the 18v version didn't have the pet hair tool so I bought this. I needn't have worried!

This little vac is almost as powerful as my DC14 Animal with very impressive suction for its diminutive size. It actually clears the couch better thanks to the pet hair tool, which has little rubber fingers to drag the hair out of the fabric without damaging it. This works quite well on clothes too. The other tools are also useful for various vacuum tasks around the house.

The vacuum is compact and lightweight and the hose means it's very easy to reach all those corners and awkward bits. The on/off switch is a push through type which is easy to use and solid enough not to get knocked accidentally. I like the little charging stand which keeps all the attachments tidy and means you always have a spot to keep the vacuum rather than wherever you can find space. It's not the quietest of vacuums but then again neither is my Dyson and to be frank you're just not going to get really powerful suction in a whisper quiet appliance! It's not unbearable and as the vacuum is only in use for a minutes it really doesn't matter.

I've found the charge lasts more than long enough to clear my 4 seater couch of excessive dog fluff and do a general pick up on the living room and hall floors. I haven't tried hoovering out my car with it yet but I'm sure it would last long enough to do the whole thing. It charges quickly too.

Overall I am very pleased with my purchase and would highly recommend this mini vac. It won't replace my big vacuum but I'll certainly be using it less often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good - really impressed., 12 Sept. 2014
I am actually surprisingly pleased with this. I had bought it after researching what to buy. Was originally going for the B+D swivel head hand held vacuum but i'm SO glad I got the flexi vac. It easily does a flight of stairs - light enough to carry and strangely enough suction power despite seeming like it wouldn't have much.
I've cleaned both family cars in one go (~15 mins) on one charge with no problems. Did the cars really well, especially as the flexi hose could go under the seats. Yes, you could do a little better with a full sized vac, but seeing as I have 2 young kids, being able to whip out my flexi-vac and hoover up the latest muck that's been dragged in is a huge bonus. At the end of the usual nozzle that is supplied is a handy brush that can just flip around which is excellent for car upholstery and child seats. Emptying the dirt is dead easy too. Top marks for this hand-vac. Really glad I didn't spend all the money on the handheld Dyson, or even the other B+D one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Initial impressions are good, 20 July 2014
Initial impressions - very loud, but I think all of them are. I'd like to see the on/off button be something easier with just one hand, (it's a hard-button you push through to the other side of the device).

Very small and light. Hoovers up bits well. It's higher-pitch than regular hoovers so you can't chat or hear anything while it's in use.

Lithium ion is very important. Any device you buy that has batteries must be lithium ion. Anything else wont last and is therefore bad for the environment.

Light enough that a toddler can use it.

You can use it with the hose extended or with the hose in place. By leaving the hose in place it makes it quick to use - it just lifts off the charging station and you're ready (after pressing the annoying on/off button)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than our old Dyson handheld., 29 Jan. 2015
This vacuum is better than our old Dyson handheld, which used to cut out after a couple of seconds. This has enough suction for our needs, is easy to empty and doesn't cut out. The only thing we miss from the Dyson is the fact that it was wall mounted. The B&D vacuum's pet hair brush is terrific, as well. We have two hairy dogs and it cleans their beds really well. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars This little vacuum is brilliant in my opinion, 11 Jan. 2015
This little vacuum is brilliant in my opinion. My hoover is a dyson and I find the hose very unflexible, if there is such a word, and the tools attachment not very good. I did my settee and chair very quickly without all the faffing about, and the odd bad word, in no time at all. The suction is very good. Bit more than I expected to pay, but as they say you get what you pay for.

I am very pleased with my purchase. It is an excellent cleaner.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good appliance. Performs exactly as described, 29 Jan. 2015
A very good appliance. Performs exactly as described. My only criticism is the necessity for frequent interruptions to allow motor to cool. This has been mentioned by previous reviewers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent enough piece of kit., 17 Mar. 2015
Paul C. (Seaton Sluice, UK) - See all my reviews
Battery charge lasts for ages. Easy enough to clan the big saloon car footwells and boot. I keep it plugged in and always ready to go when I need it. Simple to empty and the hose is an added bonus. Also comes with 2 tools - per hair remover and a crevice tool which are both very handy.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have small kids, this is for you...., 23 Feb. 2015
I did a fair amount of research before buying this. My wife wanted a "dust-buster", but it seemed to me that most of them on the market seem to have little suction and low battery life. We have a Dyson as our main vacuum cleaner, so wasn't expecting this to be anything like that in terms of suction power. For a wireless vacuum, I would say this is great. It's no Dyson, but neither does it cost what a Dyson does. It does a great job of picking up small things, which is after all, what it is for. I can't say I have used it for any considerable time (i.e. for cleaning the car, etc), but I did find myself cleaning the stairs and other parts of the floor with it - the battery didn't die on me and hasn't done so yet. It comes with a neat base to put it on which you plug the charging cable into. You then simply pick it up to clean, then place it back to charge when finished. It is easy to empty and comes apart well to wash when necessary. The fact that you can detach the head/hose from the base while cleaning is a real upside as it makes it a lot more flexible in terms of cleaning different areas. Ideal if you are like me and have two small children who create a never ending wake of mess, but you would rather not deploy the usual (large) vacuum cleaner after them every time.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it., 7 April 2015
AnnieR (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a lovely, powerful little fancy dustbuster. It charges quickly and lasts about 15 minutes or so in use. The pet head is very effective for furniture, rugs and stairs. The brush is very good for hard floor edges. It's light to handle. The only real quibble I have is that I have to stoop to clean at floor level. It would have been nice to have a longer nozzle for reaching down, or up, for that matter. I recommend the product.