5.0 out of 5 stars Great suction, only 1 drawback
Published 1 month ago by Duncan S

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
After weeks and weeks of reading reviews, checking different products I decided to choose this one. Big mistake which of course I didn't know back then!! 1st of all it wasn't quiet at all and 2ndly it stopped working after 5 days. I had to send it back and ask for a refund which thanks to amazon it was quite quick.
Published 27 days ago by K8

5.0 out of 5 stars Great suction, only 1 drawback, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: Black & Decker Lithium Flexi Vac with Pet Hair Removal Tool, 14.4 V, Light Blue (Kitchen & Home)
This is a great little tool. I was about to buy the previous Black and Decker model but this newer model was available - and at a lower price! The main change from old, appears to be the new Lithium battery - sounds like Black & Decker are aware of the fairly short battery life of the previous model, that a few reviewers picked up on. I haven't used the previous model so can't compare but to give you an idea on this the charge lasts for a good 20 - 25 minutes on constant power with a full charge. This is the main and pretty much only drawback, although not enough to deduct a star, but I had expected a little more. It took approximately 4 hours to charge the battery up on first use.

I have a pug that sheds LOADS of fur in my car and this was the main reason for my purchase. It is much easier than lugging out the main hoover, plugging it in, etc. However I will definitely be using this to get fur off the sofa and elsewhere too. If you have a Henry Hoover (for comparison) which is of course mains , the suction is of a similar level to that. There is no Turbo button because of course that would zap the battery life even more - but the suction is really the main selling point of this. If you are unsure - as I was - I can safely say, do not be.

The pet hair piece is absolutely brilliant. When I unwrapped it I thought it was a cheap piece of plastic that would soon find its way in the bin, but it loosens and pulls up fur with ease, making it so much easier. Also includes a thin nozzle and brush piece.

PROS: Great suction, half the price of a Dyson, pet hair removal is brilliant, has small filter, easy to empty (bagless obviously).
CONS: Power only lasts for 20-25 minutes on full charge. Slightly difficult to maneuver in tight places given 'plastic bend'

I haven't tried the Dyson equivalent ... but I can't see how it can be any better at 2x the price. I'm the sort of person who would never pay a premium just for a 'brand' - I have a Henry Hoover for the house and it's so much better than any Dyson I've ever used, so I'm very glad I bought this and didn't waste 70+ more on a Dyson.

5.0 out of 5 stars the suction is better that I expected from a battery powered machine, 4 July 2014
This was a bit of a chance to buy for use in France, having read some of the reviews I was a bit apprehensive, but on receipt I found this to be a very robust machine, but small enough to be used in confine spaces, the suction is better that I expected from a battery powered machine, and I find that it is just right for the purpose of cleaning up the small ,annoying build up of fluff/dead flies etc, which is just what we bought it for.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 29 Jun 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 23 July 2014
Fantastic, most useful household appliance I have bought for years. As a dog owner the pet hair removal tool is very useful and I can now clean the inside of the car without having to drag the big vacuum out. It was more expensive thanmost hand held vacuums but is well worth the extra cost.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good product and very good value for money, 25 July 2014
A very good product and very good value for money. In my opinion it is a better performer than the Dyson and as already stated very much better value for money.
I would highly recommend this to my friends and family.

4.0 out of 5 stars Initial impressions are good, 20 July 2014
Initial impressions - very loud, but I think all of them are. I'd like to see the on/off button be something easier with just one hand, (it's a hard-button you push through to the other side of the device).

Very small and light. Hoovers up bits well. It's higher-pitch than regular hoovers so you can't chat or hear anything while it's in use.

Lithium ion is very important. Any device you buy that has batteries must be lithium ion. Anything else wont last and is therefore bad for the environment.

Light enough that a toddler can use it.

You can use it with the hose extended or with the hose in place. By leaving the hose in place it makes it quick to use - it just lifts off the charging station and you're ready (after pressing the annoying on/off button)

5.0 out of 5 stars little star, 3 May 2014
Used it on the car for the first time today, excellent bit of kit and well worth the Amazon price tag
With two large dogs the pet hair fitting works well removing hair too

1.0 out of 5 stars States 25 minutes battery life gave me about 3-5., 17 July 2014
I will be returning this I needed something to keep the dust off my computer as it is a pretty expensive one but it is very disappointing I charged for 4 hours and it gave me about 3-5 minutes life. I am very disappointed with this product it states it stays on for 25 minutes none stop but I can assure you mine does not. I will give it another charge and update this review in the next day or 2 to let you all know but I cant see it being much different.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the car, 11 Jun 2014
Tracey (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for cleaning the inside of the car and am very pleased so far. It seems much better than the vacuums at the petrol station, which I was using previously. No problems getting up grit etc from the car mats, and the brush nozzle is helpful for getting dust off the dashboard, and out of the various nooks and crannies.

The 20-25 minutes charge capacity is fine for the car, and I can see that this could be useful to keep charged up for some of the hard-to-reach places at home, too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 15 July 2014
Not great suction. But the attachments are handy and the best thing is the extendable and flexible nozzle.