on 22 October 2014
I was so pleased with the B&D cordless strimmer it prompted me to look at their Lithium Flexi Vacuum. I already had a GTECH Multi but wanted another powerful hand vac for upstairs (being elderly I don't want to run up and down stairs). The reviews were good and it is cheaper than another GTECH Multi. Well, I would give it 6 stars if I could I love the hose idea, it means you can hold the cleaner in one hand and vacuum with the other, I have a dog which moults all the time and would have liked the dog hair attachment but the head that's supplied works well. |t was great for the stairs and the bathroom ,which was my main reason for small cordless vac upstairs, it worked so well again with the hose. As a comparison the suction of both vacs is similar i.e. very good but when doing the stairs with the Multi the dust pot kept getting knocked off. No such trouble with the B&D its impossible. Run time is good about 30 mins, again similar to Multi, I've read Dysons can be minutes only, As with the strimmer the quality is superb and it is well thought out. My only worry is where to get a replacement filter when I need one in a year or so.
33 comments|81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 January 2015
We both gave this lovely little portable cleaner 4 stars, without being certain why it didn't get 5 ! It works very well, the battery life is as claimed and it is far, far better value than the Dyson which made our wrists ache after no more than a few moments.
OK then, the "less than perfect" points which lost the fifth star may be that the brush attachment is useless (doesn't really matter, but it is!) and the filter needs regular brushing out.
It is versatile, easy to hold, sucks well and is easy to empty and to clean - and the filter is washable.
on 15 May 2014
I wanted this primarily for picking up little bits of (clean!) cat litter which my cat tracks all over the house. It works fine for that, but is also brilliant for dusting skirting boards and small shelves. I empty it after every use, and clean the filter, which is fairly straightforward - except that the filter has a metal handle to pull it out with which is so tightly wedged down that I need a knife to unhook it. Apart from that, I am very pleased with this little vacuum.
on 18 May 2014
Delighted with this purchase - exactly what I wanted. does a great job and so easy and convenient to use.
on 12 June 2014
Very pleased with this. Easy to use, powerful, light and a breeze to empty/maintain. Would have given 4 1/2 stars if possible due to overly stiff on/off button which could present problems for those with limited finger strength. Otherwise a great product, though perhaps a tad expensive.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 31 December 2015
I've owned the weaker version flexi previously, it was good but power and battery life/charging became just too much of an issue, so then I experimented with floor sweepers, where price has no meaning e,g. the £20 Bissell perfect floor sweep, literally wiped the floor with a GTECH costing nearly 3 times the price, these do save time, but all have the same problem, accessibility; into corners, edges, under raised furniture etc, I had looked at getting a premium hand held, like the Dyson, but the huge price put paid to that, there are others but again all pricey.

By chance as I was looking at Amazon just at the time they had this as a lightning deal, hence paying under sixty quid, it's a lot better than the weaker version, it takes around 4 hours to charge, and has yet to run out during a clean, it is quite noisy which is kinda re-assuring (signifying a lot of power), it's very easy to set up, use, empty & to clean the filter, and there is another version with a floor extension.

This isn't going to replace a normal corded vacuum cleaner, but for light use around the home or for cleaning the car/caravan/boat etc it is up to the task, improvements; I hate the naff brush, it's just to small and wimpy, it also quickly gets clogged with dust, I don't also like the charging station, it's just too cheap and lightweight, having used dust busters that cost nearly as much and yet don't pick up diddly, this Flexi is definitely highly recommended, however considering you can get a good corded vacuum cleaner for the same money, and which doesn't need charging, is convenience worth the cost ?.
on 29 December 2014
Brilliant machine, especially good for cleaning the car. Quite powerful picks up a lot and very handy to get into little spaces.
on 2 December 2014
This is a fantastic little vacuum does excately what is says in the description. It is powerful, light to carry, quick to charge,

It is great for the car. I normally do not like using cordless cleaners in the car they just do not do the job, many are cumbersome and awkward to use in the small spaces you find in the footwells and around the seats but this one is great the extending hose and crevice tool mean those hard to reach places are now clean, it is as good as any mains powered cleaner but without the weight, size or mains lead.

Around the house too this cleaner is fantastic to clean up after those accidental spills, pet hair etc, always charged and ready to go.

The quoted run time of 15mins does not sound very long but it is plenty of time to fully clean the car, vacuum the curtains, or the chairs after the cats have been lounging in your favourite seat, as it charges in less the 3 hours even if you do run out of power you are up and running in no time at all.

Highly recommended, well done Black and Decker.
on 29 August 2015
Recommended. Meets stated run time of 15mins, at a constant suction, reasonably powerful and great for doing edges. At 25 airwatts (suction) it fairs well to other handheld vacuums. The Dyson DC34 does have a boost mode, that has significantly more suction, but than runs the battery down much quicker.

It is lightweight (and smaller than it looks). Realistically you are likely to be using the hose in one hand and holding the vacuum in the other. As one person points out the exhaust is perhaps a little close what you are vacuuming when using it fixed with the hose wrapped, and to me the balance doesn't seem right using it this way. I don't find this an issue, the advantage of getting into tight spots wins my favour. I also like the flip down brush nozzle.

Easily emptied, the filter will need cleaning regularly, but this is very easy to remove, and tap out the dust. It is washable, and it cheapish to replace (found here on Amazon for £9). Unlike a Dyson the performance will depend on how clean that filter is (in a Dyson less dust/dirt gets to the filter due to "the cyclones").

The detachable hose/nozzle makes this much better option (for me) than the Dyson, and I want the long running time. If I really need the boost power offered by the Dyson, I think it is time to get the main vacuum cleaner out.

A little annoyed the price has dropped by £25 only six days after I bought it - but that makes it a better bargain now!
on 6 April 2016
I read lots of reviews before purchasing this product as these little battery operated cleaners can be lacking in suction and power and pretty useless and having wasted my money in the past did not want a repeat. Not so with this one!! It may seem a bit on the pricey side but it is really excellent for those little jobs around the home when you don't want to go to the trouble of getting the big vacuum cleaner out.

Suction is surprisingly good and it is very lightweight. I use it a lot more than I thought I would as it is so good at picking bits up.

Very pleased with my purchase and would definitely recommend.