5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent headphones
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:52 Mins
Published 5 months ago by Sid Nuncius

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but a few niggles
These are the first headphones I've used in a while that aren't in-ear, so they took a bit of adjusting too.

So the good points:
1) They look great. I have had lots of compliments on them which is rare.
2) Sound quality pretty good
3) Surprisingly light yet sturdy

Now the not so good points:

1) The cable is obscenely long -...
Published 3 months ago by R. A. Mansfield

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but a few niggles, 18 Jun 2014
R. A. Mansfield "bertieronbob" (Brighton) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

So the good points:
1) They look great. I have had lots of compliments on them which is rare.
2) Sound quality pretty good
3) Surprisingly light yet sturdy

Now the not so good points:

1) The cable is obscenely long - I never thought I'd complain about that but it's true. Gets caught and looped around stuff
2) They make your ears sweaty after abt 45 mins use. Not nice
3) They leak sound in a way in-ears don't. I commute on a train so this can make me unpopular

So only average rating I'm afraid

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent headphones, 20 April 2014
Sid Nuncius (London) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
Length:: 2:52 Mins

These are excellent headphones. I have used Bose QC1 and then QC2 headphones for more years than I can remember now and have loved them. However, there is a lot of competition now from other brands in this range, and I wondered whether Bose might be relying on their reputation because these are quite expensive for compact on-ear 'phones. I was wrong - these are worth every penny. They are neat, light, compact and comfortable, and most importantly of all, have excellent sound.

The sound is the most important thing, so to begin with that: it is excellent. I am genuinely surprised that such small, light on-ear 'phones can produce such a full, rounded sound. It is excellently balanced with very bright treble, rich middles and a very solid bass, which really resonates when necessary. What I found striking was the sheer precision and clarity of what I was hearing, which was exceptional. I have a Test Playlist for audio equipment which starts with Tudor choral music, ends with London Grammar and covers most things in between. Everything sounds excellent; the bass response gives a theorbo and viola da gamba a real, resonant depth, string quartets are perfectly balanced, I'd say, rock sounds great and that sub-bass resonance in the second half of London Grammar's Hey Now really rolls around your head. I find them a joy to listen to.

I have worn these for several hours at a stretch and they're extremely comfortable. They may not grip hard enough for running, say, but they're fine for everyday use. They are very nicely packaged with an attractive storage pouch, they look stylish and the cord gives no friction noise whatever. It has a control switch and microphone for use with your phone but works perfectly well with an ordinary jack output from an mp3 player, computer etc.

The only tiny gripe I have is that the connecting cable is far too long for me. I'm 6 foot tall and with the headphones on the cable dangles on the floor, which means there's an awful lot of it when it's in normal use. However, that's a trivial complaint. These are top-quality headphones and I recommend them very warmly indeed.

(These are on-ear phones so they don't keep the world's noise out as much as over-ear ones, of course. If you prefer over-ear headphones, I find that Brainwavz HM9s deliver sound at least as good as, and possibly better than these for about half the price. They're much chunkier than these, but they are really, really good. Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones .)

4.0 out of 5 stars Hands-free only compatible with Apple devices, 16 Aug 2014
Sussman "Sussman" (London CA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bose ® SoundTrue On-Ear Headphones - Black (Electronics)
Bose has added a bit of colour to its range with the SoundTrue OE headphones. Available in four modern designs, they are set to rival the latest Beats by Dre headphones on the fashion front. The Bose SoundTrue range includes two rather similar models with slightly dissimilar designs. These are the on-ear variant, whereas the SoundTrue AEs are over-ear. The sound quality of the former seems better, and they are also smaller and lighter too.

You get the feature of three-button in-line remote and microphone, so you can make hands-free phone calls and change the volume of your music; however, they are only fully compatible with Apple devices, and to lesser degree certain android phones, which is rather disappointing.

They sound great across all types of music genres, from jazz to pop, but particularly excel when listening to classical tracks. The spoken-word comes over as rather crisp and clear, so these headphones are excellent for listening to audio books and similar.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very light and comfortable; possibly a little bit expensive for £149; great interplay with my iPhone 5s, 5 May 2014
JM (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
✨ The headphones are very light, surprisingly light! Almost unbelievably light. The sound is great.

🆒 You can wear these with the volume turned way up, without the sound bothering people around you. As in: they can be sitting next to you and they won't be disturbed (for example, if they are studying or sleeping).

⭐️ They are incredibly comfortable to wear; can easily have them on for hours on end without feeling it.

💷 Are they worth £149? Well put it this way - if you're on a very strict budget you can get better for less.

IMHO, they'd be perfect at £90. I've heard VModa headphones at about £100 that blew this away, but then again they were heavy, and attracted attention to you.

👓 Some perhaps disparagingly, call Bose headphones, "Fashion Headphones"[1]. I think the black ones are a bit bland. (I have the white ones as well, they look nicer)

👕 I think they're nice as a "wearable", almost an item of clothing. Their weight and comfort really matters.

* The sound is very good, but it's not as amazing as some by other perhaps more niche, brands.

✅ You can use in noisy environments - and block out a good deal of the "real world"

⬆️ They go very, very loud.

---

[1] John Siracusa on ATP show where they discussed Apple's acquisition of Beats. He was in conversation with Marco. I am reviewing the black headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the 'On-Ear' Headphones and Beats Solo, 15 Jun 2014
M. Keil (UK) - See all my reviews
I recently got these for a birthday present and they are the best sounding headphones I've used to date.

They look very nice - as good as they look in the pictures. They are very light and they don't squeeze against your head when you wear them which makes them very comfortable (even for someone with a wider head like mine).

The Mic/Remote/Volume control block is very good although seems slightly higher up the headphone wire than other headphones like the Apple EarPods. This isn't really a problem though. The cable is detachable which is handy for storage, but more importantly, if the cable was to get damaged, you wouldn't need to buy a whole new headphone unit.

The sound quality is very good. Just the right amount of bass to give it a deep, warm sound without being overbearing.

If you're shopping around for headphones, here's a couple of comparisons:

Firstly, you may also have come across the Bose SoundTrue 'On-Ear' headphones. They look exactly the same and are the same price, but they sit on the ear instead of over the ear. I tried these out in a high-street store and there is a massive difference in sound quality. The 'Around-Ear' headphones are far superior in this respect. The On-Ear headphones from Bose sound fairly hollow and lack the warm sound found in these headphones. The trade-off is that the Around-Ear phones are slightly larger, but not massively so. The Around-Ear headphones are a much better option.

For a similar price you can also buy Beats Solo HD which are a more fashionable brand and seem to be worn by nearly every celebrity or footballer who has an Instagram account. The Beats Solo headphones actually sound very much like the Bose 'On-Ear' headphones I was talking about just now. They're not as comfortable either.

They may not be the fashionable brand like Beats, but these Bose SoundTrue Around-Ear Headphones are some of the best headphones you can get in this price range.

4.0 out of 5 stars True review of the SoundTrue, 19 April 2014
OEJ & SKY - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Short Attention Span summary : light, comfortable, high quality sound. On-ear design means mediocre noise isolation.

The Bose Soundtrue On-Ear Headphones come in a small and very light box, a sign of one the best plus-points for this model : comfort. They don't strike me as being long-term-durable but only time will tell; in fairness it must be impossible to create a very light pair of headphones that can also stand up to the rigours of accidents and general everyday use but like most people, I guess, I would choose lightness and comfort as a greater priority.

I'm fortunate enough to have two other pairs of headphones with which the Bose SoundTrue can be usefully compared - the similarly priced Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear, and the Klipsch Image One (Mark 1). Accordingly I have spent some time listening to a variety of music and doing A/B/C comparisons. I should add that the Klipsch Image One (Mark 1) used to carry a similar price tag to the Bose and Sennheiser but since the introduction of the Mark 2, the price has plummeted - but they more than stand their ground against the other two. In short, these are three similar quality headphones that are hard to tell apart.

But there is a pecking order. It's a fine line, but it's there.

In the end, it's the company that specialises in headphones - Sennheiser - that takes the honours here, but the Bose SoundTrue is a very close second, and it's better in sound isolation and comfort.

I started things off with Imelda May's Pulling the Rug from her album Mayhem. First impressions with the Bose 'phones was a very slightly back-from-front soundstage, as if the singer's voice was almost playing second fiddle to the many musical intruments being played. The voice wasn't right up there at the front as much as I wanted it to be. Switching to the title track Mayhem, this impression was retained, if slightly less so. A killer impression - always a big give-away - was my desire to switch to one of the other two 'phones, rather than to keep listening. With the Klipsch Image Ones, the overall vocal/music balance immediately felt better sorted, making Imelda May's voice the main focal point as it should be. The bass was a little punchier, but only slightly. One thought that wouldn't go away was that the Klipsch currently (April 2014) cost about £100 less, and I can imagine a lot of people preferring their sound.

Next, the Sennheiser Momentums, and although they're not great in the external sound isolation department, the first impression - still listening to Imelda May - was that 'this sounds right'. Whereas the Klipsch could be accused of being slightly over-blown, this is a criticism that won't be made of the Sennheisers. Sound stage, presence, balance - it's all there, in ways the Bose can't quite match.

Changing to Goodnight Moon by Shivaree (from the album "I Oughtta Give You a Shot in the Head") I started off with the Sennheisers - already earmarked as my favourite of this trio - and I noticed a slight desire for more bottom-end oomph. Very slight, though. Everything else was there still, a nice ethereal audio atmosphere with superb spatial dimension. Replaying the same track in full using the Bose SoundTrue, immediately it felt as if something was missing - that sense of immediacy, that involvement with the singer. Still very good, but not THAT good. It's tempting to say that it felt slightly ordinary, but these phones are better than that; it's simply a case of being compared with a better product. Changing to the Klipsch Image Ones, Goodnight Moon sounded fuller, heavier (in a good way) and I found myself nodding my head to the track - something I wasn't doing with the Bose. Again, I kept thinking what fantastic value the Image Ones are.

Neil Diamond next - Pretty Amazing Grace, from his album "Home Before Dark". Kicked off with the Klipsch, and soon found myself thinking that the other two will have to do something special to beat this. The harmonies were all there, the breadth of frequency fullsome and seemingly uncoloured. This was an excellent match-up. I changed mid-track to the Bose SoundTrue - very cultured, very classy, but lacking something almost indefinable. Hard to put a finger on it, but it just wasn't quite as special. I was beginning to wonder if their strong point - light weight and comfort - was also an Achilles heel; getting that sonic fulsomeness is just that much harder to attain with lighter materials. I'm talking fine margins, mind you. Then I continued the Amazing Grace track with the Momentums, and by now I was expecting the best experience of the three. It didn't turn out that way though; I found myself 'remembering' how this song felt when using the Klipsch Image Ones, even though I reckon that in terms of colouration, the Momentums are better. For tonal accuracy, the Sennheiser takes first place, but sometimes inaccuracies can be preferable, oddly enough.

Finally I tried this trio with "Frank", the first album by the late, great Amy Winehouse, and the first phones used were the Sennheisers. The final track Amy Amy Amy offers the chance to find out how these phones deliver in the low-end department, and on brass. The impression was surprisingly mediocre, and underlined my earlier thoughts that the Momentums aren't really that hot in the bass department, notwithstanding their superior accuracy. Changing to the Klipsch confirmed it - for weight and power, it's the Image Ones for me. And so to the Bose SoundTrue; by now I was appreciating their comfort and there was no question that these were the ones I would choose for an extended listening period, something I have never enjoyed with the Klipsch. The Bose handled the Amy Winehouse track very well, and if anything might be the preference. It's hard to draw any conclusions from this, but overall I have to say that the Bose Soundtrue are the most comfortable and convenient, the Sennheiser the most accurate, and the Klipsch the most fun.

Other albums tried included Flamingo by Brandon Flowers, 21 by Adele, The Last Ship by Sting and a single called Titanium by David Guetta featuring Sia.

If I had to choose one pair only, I would go for the Sennheiser Momentum. It's more versatile than the Bose SoundTrue, but it's not as good in terms of outside noise isolation. If comfort and convenience are priorities, the Bose takes the top place on this podium. Once again though, if you're in the market for a pair of headphones with a budget up to £150, you must, must consider the Klipsch Image Ones - even the obsolete model - because they are unbeatable value for money.

Other headphones used : Skullcandy Navigator On-Ear Headphones with Mic - Black - good but not in the same league as the Bose SoundTrue. Good value at one-third of the price however

Devices used : Kindle Fire / Apple iPad / Apple iPod Nano / Sony Vaio laptop

Klipsch Image One On-Ear Headphones with 3-Button Mic for iPhone/iPod - Black / Silver / Leather
Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Headphones - Black

The Last Ship [Amazon Exclusive Super Deluxe Edition]
Nothing But The Beat
Also "21" by Adele

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny., 4 Aug 2014
I thought long and hard about my next set of headphones, did quite a bit of research and kept coming back to these. With Beats you get a brand chic and a very expensive product for the quality underneath, with Bose you get brand assurance and quality build for a competitive price. In a nutshell, if you want a very good set of over ear headphones which you can trust to be well built and sound good for less than £200 then these are for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bose SoundTrue On-Ear Stereo Headphone review by Dale (update 14.9.14), 17 Jun 2014
Dale Thorn (Seal Beach CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bose ® SoundTrue On-Ear Headphones - Black (Electronics)
Sources: iPhone5 with Portaphile Micro/PA2V2/Decware Zen Head amps using the LOD, various computers using Microstreamer/Beyer A200p/v-moda Verza DAC/amps.

Review note: My impressions of the Bose SoundTrue On-Ear (STOE) sound are based on direct comparisons to other headphones - v-moda M80 and M100, Beyerdynamic DT1350 and T51p, FAD Pandora IV and VI, and notes that I've accumulated from many prior reviews. I describe how I relate to the STOE (i.e. my personal taste and how I use the headphone) only after covering all of the objective issues.

I reviewed the white Bose OE2 (the previous version of the STOE) in March 2012, and I reviewed the black OE2i in November 2013, and so this update covers any possible changes to the physical design as well as my impressions of the sound, on the chance that it may have changed from the first sample I had. There is a change from the OE2/OE2i headphones to the new STOE headphone, and it isn't a change for the better. Note the EQ chart at the above link or on my dalethorn website under Photos and Audioforge. You can compare that chart to the chart for the OE2i that's on the same page to see what the differences are - they're very similar, but the new headphone's sound isn't improved from the prior version. I won't repeat the physical details from the original review, since that's still accessible from the various headphone sites. What did change was the choices of new colors, and I chose black this time.

The STOE's sound has significant colorations and a recessed treble, as can be seen in the Audioforge chart linked above or on my website. This review won't be a rehash of my prior reviews - the purpose here is to determine whether the STOE has the sound quality to compete with other on-ear headphones I have now or had recently, using the Audioforge equalizer, or whether it's unusable for critical listening. Conclusion: I can recommend the STOE for non-critical portable use, since the quality is OK for the price. To use at home for audiophile listening, a significant EQ is necessary to reduce the colorations and restore some of the recessed treble. The STOE's EQ'd sound is good in most respects for an average audiophile listen, but it won't resolve upper harmonic details like the better on-ear headphones, nor does the bass response have the clarity or details that I hear with those better-quality on-ear headphones. Here is a short list of the things that stand out to me with this third (and EQ'd) review of the small Bose on-ear headphone:

The sound quality (aside from the smoothed response) is essentially free of distortions and resonances, based on listening with my best amps and high-resolution music tracks.

The soundstage is spacious and airy, and the musicality is very good.

The comfort is excellent with the very soft earpads that don't pinch my ears, and the headband clamp is very light.

The thin, clingy rubber cable is far from ideal.

The portability is perfect insofar as having the ability to wear around the neck comfortably when not listening, plus the inclusion of a decent small carrycase for stowing in luggage or backpacks. The STOE's isolation is moderate - enough to be able to enjoy music in places that aren't extremely noisy, but not enough to get a sense of significant isolation. The moderate leakage is not likely to be a problem for fellow passengers on noisy public transports, but likely would be a problem in a quiet office or a public library.

In spite of the above criticisms, the EQ'd STOE is one of my favorite headphones, for home or portable use. In previous reviews I've included the following music samples with notes about how the headphone sounds with each track. My suggestion is instead of reading each one as an absolute unto itself, you could compare my notes here to other reviews and see how the STOE compares with each individual track. As noted above, all listening was done with the EQ settings shown in the above Audioforge link.

Animotion - Obsession (1980's New Wave/Techno): The upper bass synth has excellent detail and tone with a modest weight, and both male and female vocals sound natural without favoring either. The STOE plays this very well.

Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi's Dead (~1980): Strong midrange sound effects - this is a good worst-case test for resonant-type sounds in the most sensitive midrange area. Handled very well by the STOE.

Beethoven Symphony 9, Solti/CSO (1972): Excellent overall sound. Of special note here are the bass impacts beginning around 10:30 of the fourth movement. Those impacts are soft and well in the background, and you can just feel a little of the weight they carry with the STOE.

Black Sabbath - Iron Man (Classic Rock): Very good instrumental detail and the vocal sounds very natural. As with most classic rock tracks, there is very little or no deep bass. The STOE plays this music smoothly, and the lack of deep bass doesn't unbalance the treble.

Boz Scaggs - Lowdown (1976): Good sound quality - this is a great test for any nasality in the midrange. Handled extremely well by the STOE.

Cantus - Danny Boy (Traditional/Male Choral/Acapella): The STOE plays the voices with enough low end warmth and weight to sound very natural, yet there is no added emphasis of the lower register of the male voices on this track.

Cath Carroll - Moves Like You (1980's New Wave/Techno): This track's percussion and voice are crisp and well-balanced, and there's a good sense of space or soundstage around the voices and instruments. The STOE reproduces the space and detail very convincingly.

Catherine Wheel - Black Metallic (~1991): Goth with industrial overtones - I like this since it's a great music composition and the sound effects are smoothly integrated into the mix. This may sound distorted or mushy with some headphones, but the STOE renders the deliberate instrumental distortions clearly.

Chris Isaak - Wicked Game (Pop/Rock): The STOE plays this high treble energy recording very smoothly - the voice and instruments are detailed but not sharp or edgy.

Chromatics - I'm On Fire (Synth-Pop, female lead): This track has a good amount of space around the voice and instruments, making for a very pleasant stereo image. The voice is excellent, and the tambourine sound is as realistic as I've heard with any other headphone since doing these detailed reviews. Note that without EQ, the tambourine isn't even identifiable as such.

David Hazeltine - Fur Elise (Jazz): A very high-quality recording from HDTracks. The STOE reproduces the instruments smoothly with a spacious ambiance. The wire-brush-on-cymbal harmonics are very extended and detailed.

Grieg (Beecham-Royal Philharmonic) - Peer Gynt-Solveig's Lullaby (Classical): This very old (late 1950's) stereo recording must have been made on the most expensive gear in the world, since the overall sound quality and especially Ilse Hollweg's amazing voice are as close to "being there" as I've heard with some of the better classical recordings made since the year 2000. The STOE plays this music perfectly.

Hans Zimmer - Dark Knight-Aggressive Expansion (Soundtrack): The percussion in this track hits really hard, and the bass tones beginning around 0:45 *should* have the ultra-deep "shuddery" kind of sound and feel that indicates a good deep-bass response, but the STOE falls short on bass impact here. Still, the STOE plays this music pretty well overall.

Heaven 17 - Let Me Go (1980's New Wave/Techno): The bass instrument (guitar?) has very good detail, and the voices and ambiance have a "you are there" quality that's uncommon in early 1980's pop music. The STOE does an excellent job with this track.

Hugo Audiophile - 15-16 (Electronic): I'm not sure what the 15-16 stands for - perhaps track numbers from a CD album. The deep-bass tones that start around 33-34 seconds into the track reproduce very well with the STOE. This is a great recording for evaluating whether a headphone's bass will be sufficient for most environments, since for many headphones that have a weaker bass, the deep bass gets absorbed and mostly lost when the environment contains a lot of low-frequency energy.

Human League - Keep Feeling Fascination (1980's New Wave/Techno): This track's bass line is very detailed, but the somewhat forward voices don't have quite the "you are there" quality of the Heaven 17 track noted above. Still, the STOE makes this a good listen.

Jimmy Smith - Basin Street Blues (early 60's): This track has several loud crescendos of brass and other instruments that don't sound clean and musical with some headphones. The STOE provides excellent detail. Listen particularly to the second crescendo at 15 seconds in for maximum detail effect. I'd like to emphasize that these crescendos are probably the worst-case test I have for instrument separation and detail, and the STOE plays those extremely well.

Kellogg Auditorium, Battle Creek Michigan, Aeolian-Skinner Organ (1933) - Pedal, 32', Resultant, Arpeggio: This 16 hz organ pedal tone differs from other music tones in that you won't "hear" the tone - you'll only feel it. Although most music tones have harmonics (including this one), the harmonics from this tone will be too weak to provide any "feel", so whatever you actually hear would not be part of the fundamental 16 hz tone. There are ~30 hz sounds in the outdoor environment in big cities, generated by large trucks, buses, and subway trains, and they have a quality of "rumble" that's similar to some deep-bass tones found in music. This 16 hz organ tone is easily distinguished from those sounds when compared on a headphone that has good undistorted response at 16 hz. The STOE reproduces the fundamental tone with a light but appreciable weight.

Mantovani - Sunrise Sunset (Easy Listening, ca. 1972): A master musician and conductor who specialized in light classics and orchestral pop music, Mantovani's accomplishments were overshadowed by music critics who couldn't tolerate the notion of "light classics" or "semi-classical" music, even when those recordings were no threat to the classical music genres. In any case the later Mantovani recordings from the mid-1960's through mid-1970's had the advantage of being mixed for much better hi-fi systems than those which the music critics possessed at the start of the Long Playing (LP) record cycle. Here in 2014, at least some of those digital remasters have improved the sound further, although it's not always the case. This track as played on the STOE is an excellent example of the sheer musicality lurking in those later recordings, and is highly recommended for soundstage, instrumental tone, and musical balance.

Michael Tilson Thomas - Rhapsody In Blue (20th Century Classic): Great sound and soundstage, and terrific piano playing and tone. There are some very deep bass impacts starting around 38 seconds into the 17:24 length track, and the weight of those impacts is fairly subtle with the STOE.

Porcupine Tree - Trains (Pop-Rock): This track opens with some nicely-detailed string sounds and a forward-sounding male voice with a higher-than-average register. There are a series of "clip-clop" effects starting at 3:19 that should sound like they were made with wooden blocks of some kind. The STOE reproduces those sound effects very well.

Richard Strauss (Mester-Pasadena) - Also Sprach Zarathustra (opening) (Classical): The granddaddy of bass is in the opening 1:50 of this recording, and I've heard it only once on a large and expensive loudspeaker system in Cleveland. For most people, that experience would be indistinguishable from being in a fairly strong earthquake. The STOE provides an excellent musical experience overall, but the deep-bass impact is pretty light.

Scarlatti-Kipnis - Sonata in E Major K381 (Classical, Harpsichord): The harpsichord here is fairly bright and highly detailed, and the STOE renders the tones and transients perfectly.

Trombone Shorty - Backatown (Jazz-Funk): The deep bass impacts here are quite strong, and work very well with the horns and other instruments. The STOE delivers the impacts with good weight and detail, and the horns have the kind of bite that gives them a very realistic sound.

William Orbit - Optical Illusion (Billy Buttons Mix) (Electronic): This is about as close as I want to get to easy-listening music. The string tones beginning at 0:18 are fairly soft, and while the bass isn't very deep, it still adds a good underpinning to the music. The short poetic rap at 4:14, preceded by an etherial female voice, works very well with this track.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bought, but compared in Currys with lots of others, 18 Sep 2014
Paul E. Reddington "Spike" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
Wasting a bit of time browsing in Currys I spied these headphones along with many others from Sennheiser, Sony and the ones that Tinchy Strider endorses. The shelving display allows you to connect your phone up via the jackplug to them all, allowing for a handy A-B comparison.

For my head and ear combination, they were by far the best fit, snugly yet not too tight enclosing my ears far better than any of the others, either over-ear or on-ear. In fact some of the on-ear models were decidedly dodgy in how they fitted, feeling ready to slip off at a moment's boogying!

Sound was the best too, there was a Sennheiser pair for £199 with a funky pivoting jackplug, which was probably the reason they only played in one ear!

The sound was clear and what sounded like controlled bass - not over the top like the Tinchy Strider models.

I'd be happy to won them, although maybe £150 is an optimistic figure, £99 would be about right, I reckon.

Interestingly, most of the other reviews I've read for these headphones seem to have had a free pair via the Amazon Vine programme. A sure way to get a bunch of good reviews lol ;-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, 18 Sep 2014
Mark Barlow (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
These headphones are the best headphones I have ever used. They are light and comfy, far more on both counts than any other headphones I've had and I've had a few different kinds from different manufacturers. You can wear them for hours and it barely feels like you are wearing anything at all.
I don't know a great deal about sound. If you asked me about treble and mid and high lows I would have no idea what you were talking about to my ears these sound great. I don't think it will be anything that will necessarily blow you away but it produces a natural and even sound which is really the way that the music is meant to be heart rather than the the manufactured sound of other headphones, like the bass-heavy Beats by Dr Dre which I have had and never liked the sound of.
Overall these headphones are really good and you'll be unlikely to be disappointed.

My pair are the plain black around-ear model.