5.0 out of 5 stars Best TV for such an amazing price!!, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: Samsung PE51H4500 51-inch Widescreen HD Ready Plasma TV with Freeview HD (Electronics)
I am 19 and work 2 nights a week and a huge gamer so wanted to buy a big TV for my small room to complete the full gaming experience. I was a little worried about getting this as there are barely any reviews on this and it's such a cheap price compared to loads I have seen. Was also hard to decide on whether to get plasma or LED as LED seems to be the new popular thing but I am more to watch games and watch movies than normal TV so plasma is the best to get.

Very easy to set up and the picture is AMAZING, Very bright and colorful picture. I can't comment on what normal daily TV looks like but if you are wanting this TV to play games on or if you are a movie lover this is simply perfect. I currently have my xbox 360 and xbox one set up and looks super clear and can run in 1080.

The downside to this TV is the sound isn't that great but this is because the TV is so slim. Because I was used to the Panasonic viera sound quality this tv isn't as great so planning to get some speakers next month.

This is the best thing I have bought in a good while and having an xbox one the blu ray DVDS look stunning and can't believe how great this TV is for such a great price. The feature that you can plug usb's on the side and watch movies from it or listen to music is pretty cool but I use my xbox for all that. Will probably use it in the future and plug my phone in.

If you are looking for a simple tv or you are a gamer and don't want the fancy 3D or smart features then this perfect.

The only slight worry for me is with all plasma's you CANNOT keep the screen on something still for too long or it leaves imprints. So if you are a gamer and go somewhere make sure to turn the TV off even if it's 5 minutes.

Hope this helps as I found it difficult to find anything about this TV :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for watching TV or DVD, no so much for PC use, 22 Jun 2014
I got one of these TV's as a free gift on my mobile phone contract.
After ordering it I realised that it’s only a 720p (I just assumed all new TV’s these days were at least 1080p now?)
And its 720 it’s a real "budget" version of 720p, 1024 x 768.
That said however, regular digital TV and DVD movies look awesome on it, way better than the 1080p 42 inch LG LED TV that preceded it.
I watch a lot of online content and play my pc games through it and it’s not the greatest monitor, text is not very sharp and can sometimes be hard to read. Games look ok on it, assuming you’re not too close. I like the fact that by having to down scaling the display resolution on my pc, my NVidia 560ti graphics card can probably last another year before I need to upgrade it.

Overall, if you are only looking for a cheap but good TV or DVD display I would highly recommend it, the picture quality on those two formats is really good

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good - except for the stand., 15 April 2014
I don't know much about TVs so found the choice overwhelming, this seemed a reasonable price and I like the Samsung brand.

It seems very very good, but probably is best fastened to the wall (with a separate wall mount).

The stand is fragile and fiddly and the instructions are not clear - we managed to break the "click to fasten" thing and thought the TV would fall over before we realised there were two more screws not mentioned (as far as I could tell) in the instructions.

Even screwed up the stand is so fragile we will not swivel it as we have done with the solid, swivel stand on our previous LG.

Still good though.

5.0 out of 5 stars great tv, 7 May 2014
Picked this tv because of price and Samsung brand. Great picture and very easy to set up. We don't use all the gizmos so cannot comment on them. As far as a good quality picture and ease of set up its a great product.