4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it for long time fans!
Published 9 months ago by BermondseyBob

3.0 out of 5 stars Very raw - takes me back to the very early ...
Very raw - takes me back to the very early days when they played at the Twist in Colchester all those years ago.
Published 1 month ago by Mr. D. J. Everitt

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it for long time fans!, 7 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Total Fucking Darkness (Audio CD)
Being a long time fan of the band, I was eagerly awating this release and I wasn't too disappointed! The only thing that lets the side down for me is that the TFD demo sounds no different from the version I already have (supplied to me by an ex-member of the band from around the time of it's release) on cd. I had hoped that it had been cleaned up a little, but on the other hand, it's good to hear the songs as they were recorded and it's a brilliant demo too!

The rehersal tracks are of good quality and it's nice to hear the long lost songs again on an official release, rather than random bootlegs. But, it's the track from the long lost "Goetia" album that is by far the standout track here! As I say, being a long time fan, I know all about the lost album and how the studio tapes were wiped when the record label couldn't pay for the studio time. I, like many, many other fans always thought that we'd never get to hear a peep from this album, so to hear a full song in top quality is a big thing for us! We were always told that the album had a more "death metal" feel to it and it's very obvious from this track that it would have been totally different from "Principle..." It's really heavy, very, very fast and has some big keyboard parts too. A real and very nice surprise! It's such a shame that we'll (probably) never get to hear the rest of the album!

Well worth picking up by long time fans, but I feel the kids who think that Nymphetamine is Cradle finest hour will hate this release as it's FAR removed from what Cradle of Filth are now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cradle of filth x, 31 May 2014
This review is from: Total Fucking Darkness (Audio CD)
Totally awesome this is what I expect from cof would love them to do more old school stuff in the future

3.0 out of 5 stars Very raw - takes me back to the very early ..., 23 Jan. 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 12 Oct. 2014
Rebecca Carter (West Midlands Wolverhampton UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Total Fucking Darkness (Audio CD)
I loved it! It brought back some of their older songs and gave it a more professional edge.

1.0 out of 5 stars I have about 7 of their cd's - this one is by far the worst I have ever heard - I turned it off ..., 27 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Total Fucking Darkness (Audio CD)
I have seen them live. I have about 7 of their cd's - this one is by far the worst I have ever heard - I turned it off - don't waste your money on this product. I certainly won't be playing this again and I am not new to rock or heavy metal. I've been a fan of rock/heavy metal music since 1980 and yes I've seen loads of bands live before anyone asks.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Total Fucking Darkness (Audio CD)
heard it all before. still awesome now. would of liked dani and band too redo all there older stuff up too standard of midian. but still awesome.

Total Fucking Darkness
Total Fucking Darkness by Cradle Of Filth (Audio CD - 2014)