on 24 May 2014
The first couple of books in this series were brilliant and for some reason after reading book 2.5 I was led to believe that this was the last so I was expecting a book with a dramatic ending. However it seems this was not to be the case and we will now have to wait for another book for the climax.

If I am honest this book was ok, but not as good as the first three so i feel it could have easily been skipped. In the last book Alex sacrifices himself and dies to release Gemma from evil. In this book Gemma with some help from her father resets time so she is back in the past so that Alex's death doesn't occur. However I found I had to track back via previous books to work out exactly where in time she ended up. This results in the reappearance of characters who I thought were long gone. Although Laylen and Gemma's mum are back in the story their characters aren't as strong as in the previous story, they seem somehow weakened by their reappearance. The only character who appears a bit more interesting by reappearing is Nicholas but at the moment I can't understand what his purpose is.

There is alot being left unsaid between Alex and Gemma because of what it could lead to but it was already obvious to me that they are in love and do they have to make the declaration to each other for the world to end? can they not just feel it for the world to end? At the end Alex disappears on some mission that he doesn't tell Gemma about and later she finds out she is pregnant so it will be interesting to see what happens next. I just felt the book got very confusing in places with the visions, resetting of time and at the same time various people remembering things from the future before the resetting of time, and the answers Gemma is expected to come up with in some very confusing scenarios which are now in the past.

I hope with the next book we get back on track to what we had in book 1, 2 and 2.5 which was amazing. Overall its a good book but not Brilliant and after the first 3 books my expectations were high.
on 6 August 2014
I read the original series which i thought was great but the tweaks in this version of the series helped with some of the slightly looser aspects of the plot. There are a number of continuity errors and bad editing where sections don't make sense which I'd like to see fixed but it didn't distract from my enjoyment of the book. Was very disappointed to discover that the 4th book hasn't yet been released so i shall have to wait impatiently
on 29 May 2014
I have to say that although I am enjoying this raunchier version of gemma, I can't help feeling that this adult version has been hastily cobbled together to make money. there are far to many mistakes and missing words but what's worse is that the continuity is in some places a mess. for example she's 21 in this version but her mom's been in the underworld since she was 4 which would mean 17 yrs down there not 14like the book states that would make her 18 but that's the other books timeframe. little things like that are annoying. still worth a couple of quid though
on 11 January 2015
This book gets one star not because it is entirely bad but because...Amazon failed to state that this book is the exact equivalent to Book No 3...The Vision in the Fallen Star Series, but is depicted in this series from an adult perspective with adult content. Was I disappointed? Hell yes. I could have purchased the series from Shattered Promises onward.
on 2 April 2015
This series is by far the best iv read, before I came across these books I was never into paranormal romance books and I'm so glad I started reading them. Can't wait for book 4 already pre ordered thanks for the great reads. I definitely recommend the shattered promises series you WILL NOT be disappointed :-)
on 10 November 2014
Why do authors have to leave books on cliff hangers but I guess Jessica Sorenson can`t write a new book that quick I am loving the series for it is full of surprises and mysteries plus the fact where Gemma can`t love Alex or they`'ll die hope these books will be made into a movie . <:
on 29 April 2014
Nooooo I can't believe it another cliffhanger, how many more books will there be? I feel we never got very far with this book, but I had hoped that this situation would happen with Alex and Gemma . Please tell me there's not months to wait?!!!
on 13 May 2014
As the same with the others in this series, I couldn't put it down! This book/series takes you on a thrilling and an unpredictable ride. I'm dying to find out how this story ends in the next book.
on 6 July 2014
Broken visions is a great book full of excitement and surprises round every corner. I would highly recommend this book to teens and adults. Truly breath taking.
on 21 December 2014
This was a great book however i felt like so much had been repeated from previous stories which made the story very tiring. Still a good read though