‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and informative, 14 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Adventures of a Cancer Maverick (Kindle Edition)
I had the privilege of meeting Nina at the Back2Health Conference, and until she made her presentation (brilliantly!) I had no idea she had cancer! She's so full of life! I read this book in 2 days, it's so compelling! Nina shares her experience and all the information she gathered so straightforwardly and clearly that this represents a mine of helpful information for anyone affected in any way by cancer, while providing inspiration for everyone to live life to the full!

5.0 out of 5 stars Headliner great writer inspirational speaker and a fab person, 10 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Adventures of a Cancer Maverick (Kindle Edition)
Well what can I say I worked with Nina indirectly 9 years ago plus. We met up again on twitter and I followed her story. Not being biased but I could not stop reading her blog and waited / hounded her for the book "The Adventures of a Cancer Maverick" . Having been surrounded by family and friends who struggled with cancer or passed away I could not wait to read it. It did not disappoint at all and again I could not put it down. So much so the housework was ditched the book was read on my sun lounger in the garden one sunny afternoon. I thanked Nina for a lovely relaxing afternoon. This book is a great read and inspiration for anyone going through cancer or like me knows of family / friends going through this very tough illness. Lifted by The Lifehouse Family was what I played after reading it. This lady is so very inspirational, grounded, positive, caring, kind, selfless and so much more. Most of all offers HOPE and a positive future. Buy, read and enjoy...and to those of you suffering I wish you well on your journey to living and getting well - take a leaf out of Nina's book. Cannot wait for book number 2 <3 Thank you Nina #greatauthor follow @NinaJoy1 on twitter x

5.0 out of 5 stars Speechless, 3 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Adventures of a Cancer Maverick (Kindle Edition)
Having read Nina's article in the You magazine & having a childhood friend just diagnosed with secondary cancer I felt I needed to read this book. I have never read a book from start to finish in a couple of hours. Thank you to Nina for helping me to help my friend. I know Nina will achieve her goals. Truly inspirational

5.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't have to be a death sentence - do it your way., 14 May 2014
This review is from: The Adventures of a Cancer Maverick (Kindle Edition)
Great book on dealing with and working with cancer - thank you Nina for sharing your story, the good bits, the ugly, the reality and the joy. Nina Joy - even the name says it all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing and courageous approach to battling disease, 30 April 2014
This review is from: The Adventures of a Cancer Maverick (Kindle Edition)
I have purchased 5 copies of this book to give away to people i know who are suffering from Cancer. Nina Joy tells the story from being told she has terminal cancer to taking the incredible decision to swim against the tide of traditional treatment and search for alternatives. Her humour, bravery and honesty bring her story to life as she shares her feelings, fears and emotions while she wrestles with getting to grips with listening to her body rather than listening only to the professionals. To say Nina is an inspiration is a bit of a cliché but it is true, I have also heard her speak and recommend her to any organisations or individuals facing the same as she. Taking back your power when you feel so powerless in the face of such words "there is nothing we can do" must be the hardest thing to do, but nina Joy did just that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, what an inspiring journey!, 29 April 2014
This review is from: The Adventures of a Cancer Maverick (Kindle Edition)
'Adventures of a Cancer Maverick' is such an emotive book, Nina's story is one of courage, taking ownership of one's health, and most importantly heart. Whether you are a cancer sufferer or know someone who is, this book is a fantastic read for anyone, I have furthered my own health actions after reading this book, not because I have cancer, but because Nina so eloquently inspires you to look at your own life and to see where you can maximise your health so that you can be the best person you can be. Thanks Nina!

5.0 out of 5 stars By Wendy Skelley, 19 April 2014
This review is from: The Adventures of a Cancer Maverick (Kindle Edition)
I love this book and think everyone should read it. It is funny, sad, thought provoking , an absolute brilliant read.
Once I started reading I could not put it down and read it in one go.
This is an excellent first book by author Nina Joy and I am looking forward to no 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars An unput-down-able MUST READ for everyone, 1 April 2014
Jane Bytheway (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Adventures of a Cancer Maverick (Kindle Edition)
Impossible to put down once I started reading. This book reflects and radiates Nina's amazing strength and sparkling positivity in the face of the most enormous challenge. Her "maverick" approach offers an alternative way of dealing with one of the most prevalent challenges of our times, and in the process she offers hope and possibilities to everyone who is touched by cancer ... Along the way she makes us pause and think about the way that we live. Made me laugh, made me cry ... and I can't wait for the next installment ... and the next...

5.0 out of 5 stars Compulsary Reading for Everyone - Nina is a Legend!, 30 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Adventures of a Cancer Maverick (Kindle Edition)
Easy yet thought-provoking reading. Makes you laugh and cry .... but most of all makes you recognise the power of a positive mind. Nina is truly a gifted writer (and speaker, as I had the privilege of hearing her first talk about her early post-diagnosis experiences) and the only possible criticism of this book is it not being quite long enough!! Roll on the next one Nina ... and the next ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Spread the word- buy this book, 30 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Adventures of a Cancer Maverick (Kindle Edition)
Having read this book I realised it has the power to help others with its positive and life-affirming messages. I have purchased two more and passed those on to equally rave reviews. Nina shows us the reality of working with a health service unused to mavericks alongside having fun with lots of glitter!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›