on 12 March 2014
Having taken a counselling module at college last semester, this book appeals to me greatly. Not only that but I have quite a few friends, and even a housemate, who suffer from/have been diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I read this book in the hopes that it may help me understand what they go through a little more, and that I may get an idea of how to help them.

Indeed, the book helped me to do this. There was a lot of detailed information on what OCD is, and why it happens which was presented really well. The writing was simple and concise, leaving out any unnecessary jargon but in depth enough to be thorough. This was a general feel of the whole book actually which is short and sweet in length.

There’s a whole host of different areas covered in the book; pretty much all the foundational information you would need. However, without a doubt the chapter I appreciated most was about how to help a friend/family member with OCD; something I really want to grasp to apply in my own life and circumstances. Perhaps the most key part of information I will take away is to simply be patient with them and try not to get frustrated with their habits but come alongside them and help them.

All in all, I think this is a well structured and written book that provides more than ample information for those wanting a foundational understanding of OCD. Although clearly not a comprehensive study guide for academics, this book is perfect for both those unfamiliar with the topic and those familiar with it and what’s more... IT’S FREE. In a world where everyone is trying to make money left, right and centre I highly appreciated that!
on 13 November 2014
Don,t waste your time on this book. The author obviously has no insight of OCD and is just skimming the surface .
on 11 March 2014
I bought this book to understand more about OCD because my mother has this disorder and I want to be able to help her. This book goes into detail about what OCD is and how to deal with it. It was an easy read and very informative. I think I'll tell my mum to read this too. For the price, recommended!
on 7 July 2014