on 18 March 2014
Honey and her 'crew' are back again ;-)) Ruffster, Suka and Biscuit are all around and helping their biggest pal try to figure out just what is going on at the dog show.
The characters are well written, the story moves along at a good pace with plenty of twists and turns to keep you interested but without being over complicated for younger readers.
H.Y. really has a good understanding of doggie behaviour and manages to translate it fantastically into 'human' - having lived with both a Great Dane, a Husky and a crossbreed I can confirm she has their 'voices' just right although I must say that Honey is a lot brighter than our Dane was (mind you he was a boy so I think that might say a lot!)
I was hoping that Bean the puppy from #1 might have made a guest appearance but maybe next time - which hopefully won't be too long....
on 22 March 2014
I've followed the amazing Honey through her blog and was saddened to read that she had left us and made her way to Rainbow Bridge. She lives on through the stories of the Big Honey Dog Mysteries. This book is as excellently written as the previous 2 books and is an enjoyable read for all ages. A charming insight in to the world of Great Danes. Easy to read and will certainly make you smile. Can't wait for the next book!
on 25 March 2014
Though intended for children, this cozy mystery can be enjoyed by all ages. I especially enjoyed the book. It's a fun, fast-paced read and I think it's perfect for children in the 9 to 12 range. If your child loves dogs, they'll love this book. Best of all, it's a book that you and your family can enjoy together at bedtime. But, like I mentioned above, this book is not just for children. I'm 30 and thought it was great.
on 24 April 2014
Awesome that is all I can say at some bits I almost cried at some I laughed at others I just couldn't stop reading and that's all. B.T.W that just came from a 10 year old girl