Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 12 November 2014
Great film, seen it in cinema and can't seem to buy in shops on bluray so it's a bargain!
on 22 October 2014
Poignant, unusual, outstanding and completely original. This is Spike Jonzes masterpiece and will last the test of time. It is touching without being mawkish, intelligent without being too highbrow and offers up so much food for thought. Beautiful cinematography and scenery, wonderful acting, this is a truly life enriching piece of movie greatness.
on 12 March 2015
Wonderfully directed and well acted all round but this didn't hit the spot for me, I was hoping it was going to turn darker , similar to a "black mirror" episode.
I found the part played by Amy Adams to be surplus to requirements. Overall I didn't get this film as much as I wanted to, which is a shame as it looks fantastic.
on 3 March 2014
I know there are certain elements from other films in any particular one movie but Her is a bit of a smorgasbord of a film that borrows heavily, in its themes at least, with the 2007 gem Lars and the Real Girl. Eccentric, aloof and at odds with the world personalities who build relationships up with the unorthodox and artificial only to be tested further in their introspective challenges throughout their lives until said conclusions. This (i'm pretty sure unintentional) cloning in its story telling is what slightly hampers what is a strikingly retro, endearing and prescient film that touches on some eerie questions evoking classic sci-fi.
Jonze's has never been the conventional guru as we've seen in his other intelligent enterprises "Being John Malkovich" and "Where the Wild Things Are." Jonze sets out to tell a narrative and deliver all the mysterious details for us to believe each character. His focus on Theodore, giving him a real sense of loneliness without falling into cliché character ticks and beats that we've seen countless times in other romantic films, Jonze constructs a real man living in a world where technology has taken harbinger over human connection.
Phoenix is suitably quirky and gives his character a dollop of everyday guy amongst all his geeky layerings (though perhaps a little bit too much like that dude from Big Bang Theory) he seems always vulnerable and with all the futuristic technological achievements going on around him the film is at once profound and whimsy and yet foreboding and intimidating. For me though, the performance of the film was not even visible, but only heard. Scarlett Johanssen gives us a unique performance as the thoroughly enthralling and sensual voice of Samantha. All those cute ways and infectious laughter carries Samantha to life. A film like this will only work if we believe that a man can actually fall in love with Samantha. The way Scarlett breathes vitality into Samantha, we do.
It becomes so introspective,delicate, dreamy and predictable that you almost get sucked into a kind of lull and Jonze has a habit of making his characters unsympathetic but there is no fighting with its essence of love and longing no matter how clever and beautiful it thinks it is. Now..I'm off to town to purchase one of these fancy new systems!
on 31 January 2015
The film is a really interesting look at what technology could quite easily become in the not to distant future. Spike Jonze films are always quirky and thought provoking and this is no exception. Good performances make this a very entertaining film.

My only gripe with this Blu Ray was the lack of extra material.
on 27 April 2016
Amazin can see this film being a reality in the future made me laugh and cry
on 29 July 2014
Beautuful and thought- provoking film about a near future in which technology has got to the point where an operating system verges on a real personality luring lonely people into having real relationships with these disembodied voices. Another fantastic performance from Joaquin Phoenix. Highly recommended.
on 1 February 2015
Loved it loved it loved it. This film stayed with me for ages, maturing the ideas and thoughts within the plot. This film somehow gets to the crux of all relationships, exposing the characters feelings bare for all to see, OS or otherwise, in truthful grounds not often ventured by film makers. Genius.
on 3 August 2014
I have just finished watching this film after saving it for a lazy day & I was not disappointed. I'm not going to go on about the plot because you can read it above.
If you want to take a chance & not read the bad reviews, I would strongly recommend it!
on 1 January 2015
Really enjoyed this. Joaquin Phoenix is brilliant, as ever. A really interesting idea and thought provoking too, I found. Amy Adams performance is lovely and the unseen Scarlett Johanson, gives a great performance too. Overall, very good, if a bit long