5.0 out of 5 stars The up-scaling is quite remarkable.
Clearly this is a premium purchase, but if you have a 4K TV then it is well worth it to extract benefit from the superior pictures produced by the TV.

Firstly the up-scaling is quite remarkable. I wasn't too sure about all the hype and rhetoric around up-scaling, but comparing it to the PS4 BluRay Player it is noticeable superior.

Wireless worked...
Published 3 months ago by Gethin

This machine deserves 5 stars for the picture and the sound which are stunning, and for the fact it has 2 hdmi sockets.The problem though is it plays some discs poorly and the build quality is lightweight and poor for a relatively pricey machine. The sony bdp-s7200, a direct rival for this machine, weighs about a kilo more and has a far better build quality...
Published 2 months ago by Fraz

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The up-scaling is quite remarkable., 28 Aug 2014
This review is from: Panasonic DMP-BDT460EB 3D Smart Network Blu-ray Disc Player (New for 2014) (Electronics)

Wireless worked well during the set-up, although I cannot comment on the apps and additional features as I have bought this solely for playing BluRays.

It is also a good looking piece of kit, that doesn't take up a massive amount of space. The remote get's maximum marks for functionality and layout but it is ultimately unspectacular in terms of looks (not that you should ever buy a BluRay player based on the looks of the remote control).

The only thing I would point out is - as with most modern day HDMI devices - there isn't an HDMI cable supplied. Nothing unusual there to be honest, but it's still one of those things that irks me from time to time.

5.0 out of 5 stars This replaced an older version that had given excellent service. However, 9 July 2014
This replaced an older version that had given excellent service. However, not only did this latest version cost less to buy than the original, the picture quality, matched to my new Panasonic 47" LCD television, is outstanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars WoW, a whole other world!, 23 May 2014
Roberto Nike (Germany, Munchen) - See all my reviews
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

My 3D Blu Rays came to life with this player. I am speechless, I mean, you think that a Blu Ray player is a yet another Blu Ray Player but this model proves us all wrong. I dont have a 4K TV, but maybe the processor here is actually used to do some handling?

I dont know, and I dont want to know, I am watching all my Blu Rays again as this is a whole new experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bit of kit..., 18 Jun 2014
I am an AV buyer by trade, and I wanted a cheap way to upgrade my old Panasonic 42" to a Smart style TV. This is a very neat, nicely fashioned and finished unit, with an amazing amount of feature options for the money. I was not sure about the sliver brushed metal finish initially, as I'd only seen a brochure preview, but it is actually very sleek, and works well with the rest of our home theatre kit. Above all, the picture quality is amazing, set up was simple, and the neat blue led lit front panel (which extends all the way along the front of the unit) folds down to reveal the disc tray for loading and then hides the disc tray away again from "small peoples" sticky fingers (an added bonus!) The only let down is the remote control which is a little cheap looking, but it does have a "Netflix" button on it for us die hard movie watchers! Overall very pleased and have future proofed our TV/movie watching options for a while yet :-)

2.0 out of 5 stars Great picture and sound but so noisy it spoils the viewing experience, 29 Sep 2014
Fraz (Glasgow,Scotland) - See all my reviews

Some discs look and sound really amazing with incredibly detailed picture and weighty snappy sound, on other discs there was a high pitched whining noise which during scenes of dialogue was noticeably audible over the speech making whatever disc is in the player unwatchable.I tested it with different cables and using different inputs on my amp and tv and it didnt fix the problem which confirmed the problem is the blu ray player.

It seems to be random which discs play well and which dont and all the discs i used were in perfect condition.The disc drive is also very noisy and clunky to an intrusive extent imo although others may not find it quite so irritating. I also had intermittent problems with sound and picture stuttering on perfect brand new discs but thankfully that seemed to have resolved itself after a few days,still it doesnt instill confidence in the machine.

Sadly though the buzzing and whining from the machine on some discs is so loud i cant continue to use it and so its getting returned. Combined with the inconsistency regarding playback of discs and the fact that i have no way of knowing if mine had a fault or not i cant really recommend this machine.Its up to you if you want to take the chance and get one. You could always return it if its not a fault and if the machine works fine then you will have a stunning player with picture and sound second to none at the price level. I have to base my review on what i experienced though. Its a pity as on discs it played without issue the quality was stunning. Getting a sony bdp-s7200 instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great picture - you'd struggle to get a better one for the price, 27 July 2014
I'm really pleased with this DVD player. I have a 4K TV and the upscaling is excellent, providing a top-quality picture. It connected to my wireless network easily (it can also be wired) but I don't use any online services so I can't really comment on the unit's ability in that area. I just like to stick a disc in - Blu-ray or otherwise - and get a good quality picture and in that respect this Panasonic excels.

It's fairly unobtrusive unit too, measuring approximately 16 inches x 7.5 inches x 1.5 inches. It has two USB ports, an SD card slot, a LAN port (and also wi-fi), an optical digital port and two HDMI ports (one to connect to your telly and, optionally, one to connect to an amp).

It also supports DNLA, which means you can stream photos, videos, music etc. to it from your PC.

All in all a great little unit.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent player with superb picture and 3D performance, 10 Oct 2014
excellent player with superb picture and 3D performance. Sound seems better than my previous Panasonic bdt310.
One problem though. after ejecting a disc the machine resets the picture to NTFC from PAL. This causes the home screen to be too big for the screen and wraps around to the other side making scrolling back through the menu rather difficult. Panasonic told me haw to reset the player but it did not fix the problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars I am generally pleased with the player, 30 Nov 2014
I was expecting a dedicated buton for subtitles.I am generally pleased with the player.

2.0 out of 5 stars A Panasonic Blu-ray player designed only for Panasonic TVs, 1 Dec 2014
For £160 there are better out there. I bought this as a replacement for an old Sony Blue-ray player (which took an age to get started and lacked the Smart interface). If you do not have a Panasonic TV unit then you cannot use the TV options (Volume, AV selection and on/ off switch). YouTube and browsing the web is tedious as you have to search content by going through a string of letters that are shown across the top of the screen. The up scaling, which I have read within other peoples feedback as being very good, in my opinion is reasonable, no better than the old Sony unit this unit is replacing. My TV is a Samsung 8000 series so is not 4K compatible hence I cannot feedback on the 4K abilities.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 9 Nov 2014
Shame there is no AmazonPrime - bit of a killer nowadays....

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›