on 17 April 2014
I must admit that I hate giving up on a series but it is clear this is a never-ending, yet oft-repeated saga. Round and round go the same storylines played out in different scenarios. Threadbare and worn out plot.

I'm out!
on 20 March 2014
Too full of Americanisms, slang, badly written unobservant. s.o.has hands tied behind back, and in same paragraph manages to magically be wielding a dagger.
On the whole the series is now getting boring with new characters who have NOTHING to do with the unfolding saga.
I wish Rice would cut out anachronisms; who has hear a clock chime? Yet s.o. is accused of clock-watching (early on in series.)
He does drive you on to read more.(I only started reading last month) and yet Book 13 is NOT ready, nor even a synopsis. I am not being too picky.
Would I recommend this series? Honestly, NO.
And, Mr Rice, stop quoting irrelevant Shakespeare on flyleaf: they have little to do with each books tales.
on 24 January 2015
After the last book in this series I hoped the story would continue to pick up momentum but it as failed, instead we get repeated story lines albeit with different characters we now getting Darius and Loti opposed to Thor and Gwen with the viciousness of Volusia as opposed to Luanda. As for Thors adventures they are nothing more than exaggerated repeats of previous stories, it is difficult too see at this point how the author can drag the story out for more books without it becoming completely tedious. Unless the story greatly improves in the next book I for one will find it difficult to read the complete series.
on 17 March 2014
I just knew that once I start reading this book I was not going to be able to put it down until I had finished it. It has taken me 3hours to journey through the trials of Gwendolyn and Thor. Still we are not at the end. Morgan weaves his magic again putting his characters into highly volatile situations from which the there seems no way out. He makes these characters fight their way to victory over their enemies without resorting to the magic we all know they have, thus strengthening their personalities and their determination to overcome evil. Roll on number 13 Morgan, burn the midnight oil til it's published.
on 20 March 2014
So, I started the series and loved it. But this is getting ridiculous - it could have easily been the end and could have been a long, but good series. But instead I just feel like all Morgan Rice wants is more money for less writing. Don't get me wrong, I want to know what happens, but after book 6 I started getting frustrated. Now I almost wish I didn't spend £3 on this.
on 20 March 2014
Very disappointing! It appears the author has changed the style to romantic fiction. Having read all of the previous books, this one was nowhere near as gripping as the early ones. Very little action and lots of emotional padding. No disrespect to the author but a long hard look at the construction of this book would not go amiss.
on 3 April 2014
It seems to me that the author has now run out of ideas for this series. The storyline is becoming more and more unbelievable with the characters moving more in the realm of the previous books that this one. Cannibals and volcanoes - really? Time to bring this series to a close perhaps.
on 31 March 2014
The series is a good one and this book carries straight on for where that last left, yes i enjoyed the book and yes it has a twist at the end. A great fantasy series that i have enjoyed but can't help feeling it need wrapping up, however a must for all ages teenage and adult alike..
on 2 April 2014
The latest in the seemingly never ending story. A bit predictable in places with the main characters always managing to live to fight another day ( that is except for the 'baddies' ) but still a compelling read. An easy read. Eagerly awaiting #13 the next instalment.
on 5 August 2015
Part of a series of books that follows the fortunes/misfortunes of the Ring, Empire and others. I have not been able to put the books down as series of books has really ticked all the boxes for me. If your a sci fi medieval fan then this is for you.