5.0 out of 5 stars Getting comfier by the day
Published on 5 Sep 2011 by London Writer

1.0 out of 5 stars Fed up
Bought 36 normal width my usual size.. Huge. Free returns at PO, exchanged for 35. Better fit lengthwise but very wide, particularly at the front. Couldn't be bothered to continue so returned and it. had to go with Yodel and told I must pay returns as it wasn't their fault.
Published 10 months ago by susan alderson

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting comfier by the day, 5 Sep 2011
I've had these for a month now and rarely worn any other shoes. They took about a week to mould to my feet, but were comfortable enough to wear (and walk for over an hour in) from day 1. The two straps mean they stay on your feet well, the leather on the outside is hardy and there's soft felt underneath so they don't rub at all. It is a very wide fitting (the regular), which is why I bought them (usually have trouble finding shoes wide enough). I think the narrow fitting is normal for UK. I would usually be a 5.5 or a 6 (for width), but the 38's were good, with a bit of room at the toe. 39 would have been far too big.

5.0 out of 5 stars best sandals in the world, 10 Nov 2010
L. Raisanen (Vandelay Industries, UK) - See all my reviews
I wear these sandals every day of the year. My last pair lasted 3 years. Glad to see there have been no changes to this product in that time as there is nothing left to perfect. Despite having no backs... this sandal stays well placed even if you need to run. After about 2 years the bottom rubber starts to separate from the cork...but it takes another year of battering before a new pair finally has to be purchased. The sandal will feel a bit 'hard' when you first use them...as they cork molds to your foot...so give it about 2 weeks to wear in. The longer you wear them...the more comfortable they become.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely footwear., 8 Dec 2009
Great sandals. The best you can buy. Tip: Buy size smaller than normal. If you are not sure then try on in shop and then order online when size is known.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 13 May 2010
Jamie Law (UK) - See all my reviews
The sandals are padded and very comfortable to walk in. I'll definitely be taking these with me on my travels!

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!, 8 May 2013
I ordered a size 39EU for my size 6-6.5 feet and they fitted perfectly. Delivered the next day at the time slot confirmed to me. Excellent shoes, excellent service !!! Rachel

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, very comfy, always a winner!, 20 April 2014
I bought a size down fr my usual size (as you generally do with Birkenstocks) and they fit fine. I've had Birkenstocks before and if you want a good supported comfy yet good looking sandle, you can't go wrong with these

5.0 out of 5 stars The best I've ever bought, 14 Nov 2009
BIRKENSTOCK Arizona, Sandals, I've bought cheap sandals for years to go on holiday with, they've never lasted long without falling apart. So I bought birkenstock for the first time. I am impressed with the quality & comfort of these sandals. I wish I had bought these sooner & saved myself a lot of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read the review advice on size/fit, 22 July 2014
I recommend taking the time to read the reviews and advice on size. After doing so I ordered a 39 for my size 6.5 feet and they're fine. I usually need size 40 in shoes so had my fingers crossed when I placed my order. However, the 39 fits perfectly. I also read a lot on the Birkenstock website, where it tells you that your toes and heels should not be on the rims around the edge of the sandals. There's also useful information on their site re widths, care of your sandals and about repairs available.

The sandals weren't immediately comfortable but they have softened and I'm wearing them every day now and they're fine.

I've experienced plantar fasciitis in the past and think I'm best avoiding totally flat sandals/shoes/slippers (better to have some arch support). These Birkenstocks are great. I've had Scholl sandals in the past and although the footbed was comfortable the straps were not adjustable and stretched so that the sandals became loose and my foot slid around.

For slippers I highly recommend Haflinger clogs!

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like Birkies, 18 Mar 2014
Excellent quality as you would expect from Birkenstock at a good price.Why they are called CLOGS is beyond me as they are clearly not.That said I would recommend

1.0 out of 5 stars Fed up, 4 Oct 2013