5.0 out of 5 stars A techies tour-de-force!
Published on 15 Jun 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Storyline, spoilt by too many buzzwords
A good plot but spoilt by using too many buzzwords, initials and technical data which padded the story without adding to it. Part way through reading the book I was seriously tempted to abandon it as I was fed up with all the technical jargon which added little. I persevered to the end and it was quite entertaining - when you got under the fluff and into the story
Published 2 months ago by Mr R Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars A techies tour-de-force!, 15 Jun 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Day of the Cheetah (Paperback)
If you like Top Gun/FireFox et al, then get this book NOW. It operates on so many levels, techno thriller, spy novel, psych tale, etc that it's a pleasure to read. The writing is vivid and totally engrossing (I was up till way into the early morning finishing it first time - I just lost track of time!). In my opinion this would make a very good two hour film, if the effects were up to it. I'll have to buy another copy of "Day.." soon, since my current one is falling apart.

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest dogfight book ever ?, 30 April 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Day of the Cheetah (Paperback)
Forget Firefox, this is THE tale of a pilot and aircraft in harmony. So close is the meld that the plane literally shatters the pilot mentally when in danger. Brown may lapse into gung-ho bravado from time to time and his characters spit bullets but, this is perhaps the ultimate dogfight book of all time. A seat of the pants read indeed. Probably his best and where his old plane jockey days come to the fore.

4.0 out of 5 stars very enjoyable, 2 Jun 2014
This review is from: Day of the Cheetah (Kindle Edition)
I am new to Dale Brown, who is able to spin an exciting tale and who seems to have an extensive knowledge of military hardware, I will be looking forward to reading more from this author.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Storyline, spoilt by too many buzzwords, 9 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read full of somer great make believe, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Day of the Cheetah (Kindle Edition)
Another very good Dale Brown book, great for that late night read on the kindle. Some possible glimpses into future aircraft design etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as Firefox anyday!, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Day of the Cheetah (Kindle Edition)
A great read from start to finish full of unexpected twists and turns. I just love everything Dale Brown writes...

3.0 out of 5 stars My thoughts, 1 April 2014
This review is from: Day of the Cheetah (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed it. however I found it got a bit too technical and that spoiled it a bit. Otherwise it would have got 5 stars. Otherwise as always a great read

5.0 out of 5 stars Still one of my favourite reads - after a decade., 27 Aug 2007
Mark A. Warmington (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Day of the Cheetah (Paperback)
I read this book when it was first published in the UK and have loved it ever since. I am a firm believer that TopGun [with Tony Scotts direction] is the best depiction of aerial jet combat seen on the silver screen. Iron Eagle and all the others that tried to emulate it were just poor.

Day of the Cheetah manages to paint the same type of aerial engagements in the readers mind. The description and pace of writing are so captivating that I have found my self, over the years, picking up the book to read my favourite passages - over and over again.

Dale Brown takes an idea and turns it into a highly packed action read with some political intrigue thrown in for good measure.

The characters pull you in, so that you actually care about their lives.

J. C. Powell remains one of my favourtive characters to this day and I still... I won't finish that sentence - as it would serve as a spoiler.

This book reads as the antithesis to FIREFOX! This time the Russians are stealing from the US.

An enjoyable read. An exciting read! If you like Clancy you will absolutely love DOTC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 2nd Hand Book, 3 Nov 2009
Benjamin Stewart (NSW, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Day of the Cheetah (Hardcover)
Have been looking for this book for a while. Already had the book in Soft Cover previously but lost it after lending it out

Couldn't find it Australia, found it on Amazon UK, who sourced it from US. It was shipped to Australia in about 3-4 Weeks, Book was in Great Condition and was very happy with the Price

Day of the Cheetah