4.0 out of 5 stars Fated Mates: The Alpha Shifter Boxed Set Review
This is a great collection of shifter romance featuring some very sexy alphas and their mates that keeps the reader well entertained for quite a while.

Published 4 months ago by Evampire

3.0 out of 5 stars Boxed set
This is a hard review to write because though the boxed set was good value for money, three or four story's in the middle were very mediocre. However the story's in the latter half of the book were great. In the middle part i almost felt the author was cutting and pasting the love scenes over the three or four stories. Nevertheless, i enjoyed most of the boxed set.
Published 3 months ago by catherine

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Fated Mates: The Alpha Shifter Boxed Set Review, 8 Mar 2014
Evampire (Gonzales, LA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fated Mates: The Alpha Shifter Boxed Set (12 Book Bundle) (Insatiable Reads) (Kindle Edition)

Each of these stories is fast paced and keep readers shivering in anticipations with suspense, action and lots of romance. The authors bring the stories to life with vivid imagery, detail and strong bewitching characters that captures the imagination. The stories draw the reader in with attention grabbing events that has the reader wanting to know more. Bears taking their rightful place as kings, wolves being framed by other wolves, a wolf charmer being hunted by enemy coyotes, two wolves fighting to claim the alpha spot, wolves fighting jealously in the pack and a murder on the loose, a biker wolf saving his mate from lurking danger, a mate being pursued by two shapeshifting jocks, find out what happens when a alpha gets offended, and a shapeshifter on the run and hunted by evil. A great combination of stories that keep the reader guessing what will happen next and gets the adrenalin pumping with lots of action.

The chemistry between these alphas and their mates explodes from the pages and the frequent sex scenes are red hot and scorch the reader with their intensity. The relationships are spicy and sizzling with passion and each has their own adversity and emotional turmoil to be dealt with. The authors do a great job of conveying the emotions and making it easy for the reader to relate to the characters and their lives.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that all of the stories in this collection enjoyable and entertaining. The fact that it is all about sexy alpha shifters was like the cherry on top of these captivating tales. All of the authors contributed fantastic worlds to be explored and romance to warm the iciest of hearts as the reader can’t help but get caught up in their stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars grate box set, 8 Mar 2014
all the books you need to follow on after each other ,this makes it more enjoyable to have so enjoy your books and get reading

5.0 out of 5 stars Fated Mates, Hot and Scorching, fantastic, 6 Mar 2014
I love shifters and when I heard their was an anthology with Adriana Hunter, Liliana Rhodes, Lynn Red, Eve Langlais, Michelle Fox, Tabitha Connell, and Georgette St.Clair as well as others I was ecstatic, my favourite writers in one place how much better could it get. I haven't read all the stories as yet, twelve books are a lot to get through but I can tell you that they are all up to the extremely high standard of these amazing writers. Yes I know lots of superlatives but when you read this anthology you will know that I haven't exaggerated one bit.
There are some old favourites among the stories as well as some new ones, it's a wonderful mixture of meeting old friends and getting to know new ones. One of the joys of anthologies is finding new writers and I'm happy to say there are a few that I haven't read before but I will be reading more of. So from werewolves, to Werebears and witchy wolves and everything in between, settle down for a wonderful read and see if you can also find your fated mate.
I received a free copy for an honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 17 Mar 2014
enjoyed reading most of books in this set,some are same same but the few are really good try it yourself

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 11 July 2014
A. M. Hitchcock "alison1949" (United kingdom) - See all my reviews
Product as described, A+++

5.0 out of 5 stars Fated Mates. The Alpha shifter box set, 28 May 2014
A really intriguing compilation. I enjoyed reading the whole set of books. Very catchy all through and great read. Brilliantly written. Thanks authors.

4.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 22 May 2014
It was great to read adult stories that had an actual story to them as well as great sexual pieces. Supernatural fiction at its best.

2.0 out of 5 stars A chore to get through, 6 May 2014
While there are some good stories in here, I wouldn't say it was worth spending 2 to trawl through all the crap ones to find them. I feel like my time and money has been robbed from me. I regret having this on my kindle.

All American Wolf - 3 stars
I loved Brody and Serena - they had great chemistry! These two are why I read this. Not much into the crime investigation side of the novel, which there was an awful lot of. It's a first for me; crime murder mystery with werewolves thrown in. It was done fairly well, but there was a lot of holes. Not to mention Selena's highly questionable morality regarding involvement with possible murderers. This was extremely unethical and unprofessional. I was quite disappointed by this. I really liked Mike, he didn't get enough text devoted to him. Great guy. Someone you'd want in your life. Wes I hated from the get go, and I shortly figured out why I wasn't liking him. So the ending wasn't a surprise for me. Except for the actual ending, after the book's main conclusion. That was a bit of a shocker. Didn't really flow through, and didn't quite suit the characters in my opinion. Overall a good read. Good to bosh through in a few hours. Not great character development. Not brilliant portrayal of police work. A good bit of escapism none the less.

Charming the Alpha - 3 stars
This was alright. It was quite short though. But not the first part of a regular length book in 10 parts each costing nearly 5 or something silly. I really appreciate that. As to the story itself, it read as being written for tweens. I don't know if this is the case, but it was pretty adolescent. While there was some interesting and enjoyable aspects to the plot, this wasn't a memorable read for me.

Change for Me - 2 stars
Skipped it. Didn't care for the heroine's near obsession for a boy who acted like he wanted nothing to do with her. I don't think love should be painful.

Bear King's Curves - 3 stars
Loved it! Took me a few pages to decide I liked it, but then I read it in a few hours (easily done as it's a short book). I'm not that into werewolves, so I liked that this dealt with bear shifters. I also enjoy a good BBW thrown in. There's a very good story in here, that could have probably been fleshed out to more of a full length book. I didn't feel it was missing anything though, which is nice. A very steamy, intruiging, action packed read.

Delicate Freakin' Flower - 3 stars
A good quick, light read. The little threat of danger thrown in is very easy to figure out, and it was resolved quickly. Bit pointless including it really. But the passion between the mates is great. I felt the word 'cleft' was seriously overused though. The female lead was somewhat of a typical fiesty but she just wants to be loved character. Still, a pretty enjoyable steamy quickie.

The Alpha's Mates - 3 stars
It was fairly standard. Run of the mill plot with typical antagonists and such like. It was well written though, and a fun, short read.

Romancing the Wolf - 1 star
If you want cheap, crass smut and a caviler attitude towards drugs, this is for you. Enough said.

Protecting the Pack - 2 stars
Didn't finish it. Couldn't connect with any of the characters, they had no development and no sense of progression in their relationships. Call me boring, but the man on man action totally put me off. I like my menages to be two guys lovin' one gal, not each other as well.

Witchy Wolf - 3 stars
This book was fairly good. Read it in a few hours. It has the makings of a really good book. Interesting plots, but the story seemed to just coast over them. Nothing really interesting actually happened. I was also not taken by our fated pair. Didn't feel any great pull between the two. They seemed better off as friends really. There were a few unresolved issues as well. Pretty much everything that was brought up was then just glossed over. It was good enough to keep me reading to the end though.

A Change to Bear - 3 stars
It was really well written, with believeable dialogue. I loved the travel aspect, but felt views of different places were lacking. I also prefered a platonic relationship with our pair. They were great together, until they got together, then it was bland.

Curves for the Lone Alpha - 3 stars
This was so so short. It had a lot of potential, and I wanted to follow the story between James and Carrie. But this is just part one. I might purchase the second later, if curiosity gets the best of me. It left on a real cliffhanger, which I wasn't prepared for. I thought this collection contained single, complete stories.

The Alpha Claims a Mate - 2 stars
This was a bit of a patchwork of various genres and writing styles. One that did not make a nice quilt. It was just messy. The author also rushed through the primary and secondary plots, but even so I found myself skipping through this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 5 May 2014
Really good read enjoyed all the stories and all different would carry on and read the rest of the seris

5.0 out of 5 stars shifters, 4 May 2014
A. Adlington - See all my reviews
very good set of books and will keep you into the reading so you dont want to put book down

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›