Price:£3.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 19 August 2014
Over the years I have tried many razors but always come back to the Protector. The 3D head movement is great, the shave is close but doesn't nick skin, and the blades last for a decent amount of time. For the record, I shave in the shower using a shaving oil.

After leaving my last Protector at a hotel (grrr) I decided to try the Quattro but it's not as good by a long chalk. The shave is less close, the blade is too chunky to reach everything and the head does not swivel side to side so keeps popping off the handle. So I was very relieved to find these Protector razors on Amazon because the supermarkets only stock the blades now, not the razor itself. I bought two.

I do hope they keep making the Protector somewhere - I think the ones for sale on Amazon are made in Germany and have a 2014 date on them which is encouraging. Why do manufacturers try and fix something that isn't broken? If anyone from Energizer is reading this, please make Protector available in the UK again!! Even the margins must be higher than what you're charging for the Quattro range which looks a lot more complicated to make. I'd pay the same and I think many others would, just read the reviews.
on 12 March 2013
Good quality razor giving a nice close shave. Just the right weight with simple blade changing.Look out for offers on replacement blades.
on 5 March 2014
I have used them before and they are the best razor. They do not cut your face and they last some time.
on 15 May 2014
This is a very good product as it uses not so expensive blade sets
It last years in good conditions and its easy to clean.
I will buy more of this model.
Delivery was fast and professional so I'm very pleased.
on 1 January 2014
I have always had one of these razors for years but it would appear that the high street shops no longer stock them. Found the item cheaper that what the shops used to sell them for.
on 31 December 2013
I ordered this product because I was pleased with previous products of this manufacturer
I found this product to be excellent as was the speed of delivery from the supplier
on 7 April 2014
Excellent value for money. Light in the hand and not as awkward as some of the other multi-blade razors. OK.
on 7 July 2015
Been shaving for 45 years and used a few razors in that time (my first was a Gilette Techmatic, remember those?) Even tried electric for a very brief period (shudder). So I know what works for me and the Protector is a razor I have been happy with for many years.

I like the simplicity and the blade guard, never had a cut or nick with one of these but it still shaves good and close. Blades seem to last a long time as well. It was fine with twin blades and I was not too happy when they changed it to a triple blade system a few years ago but it works well, I just don't subscribe to the 'more blades the better' brigade.

I will continue to use the Protector as long as the blades are available (I have a spare handle just in case). A good, simple razor which does the job. I despair when I see some of the modern razors around these days, full of gimmicks just to try and get the buying public to spend more money.
on 28 February 2013
I've uses this razor for some time, its getting harder to find in the "supermarkets" of today, so I am just happy to find it on amazon. It gives you an extra smoothness by removing that last "bit" of stubble, recommend for those whom desire that real smooth feeling.
on 10 March 2016
I have given this razor to all 3 of my lads as their 1st razor. Because of the protector barrier it is much kinder on baby skin. So my reccomendation comes from the fact, that if you are looking at a 1st razor, or just an all round economical and reliable razor, choose this.
Wilkinson sword are the only ones i know about that have a barrier protection to cover 1st shavers.