4.0 out of 5 stars Not such a disaster, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: Airplane Vs Volcano [Blu-ray] [US Import] (Blu-ray)
Before buying this movie I read a couple of negative reviews that made me think shall I or shant I. The movie proved to be much better than the reviews suggested. I have over the years seen some dreaful disaster movies and this one is by no means the worst. I will however agree that the special efects are not up to much, so that is the only reason I have given it four stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars ON THE COUNT OF THREE, 19 May 2014
The Movie Guy "Movies from A to Z" (United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Airplane Vs Volcano [Blu-ray] [US Import] (Blu-ray)
A ring of CG volcanoes form in the Pacific. Our commercial flight airplane goes through the smoke and somehow the pilot and co-pilot both die from something or other. Rick Pierce (Dean Cain) is also a pilot who takes over the steering which is locked in autopilot and looping through the volcano ring. There is a Marshall on board and a guy who looks like he is going to yell Allahu akbar at any time.

The airline panic is interrupted by military on the ground panic, apparently the only other people watching a new volcano ring forming. The film becomes an Asylum hall-of-famer during the airplane repair and rescue scenes. The guy with the plastic breathing mask and lanyard by a string of seat belts outside of the plane had me rolling on the floor. The luggage toss was funny, but not as funny as when they were getting ready to toss a kid off the airplane to another rescue plane ...on three.

Another fine stupid cheesy production from Asylum.

Parental Guide: No f-bombs, sex, or nudity.

Airplane Vs Volcano [Blu-ray] [US Import]