Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£17.50

on 21 August 2014
James Patterson continues to get worse with each novel he writes in this particular series. The Unlucky 13th joins then list. I found the novel so disjointed, confused and rushed. It seems though the author running out of steam to maintain interest levels. There are too many plots. It constantly shift from one plot to another. I could not really get it. It is really off putting. One plot would have been ideal, as it would be easier to follow and storyline would have developed. There is no depth in the storylines at all. It is all too cat and mouse. I found the characters so dull and out of a cardboard. The writing is so tedious and lazy. It failed to wow me at all. I am not sure which direction the 14th edition would head.I would scrap the idea. I did not particularly enjoy the novel. Patterson needs to focus on quality. He is so eager to publish a novel too soon. This is a cash cow opportunity. I think he would be better focus on Cross and Benett character rather than Women murder club and Nypd series as it is by far weakest inventions. This is my personal view. 2 stars is a fair reflection. If you are looking for quality crime fiction, I would look elsewhere. Michael Connelly, Harlen Coben and Camille Lackberg are the best in the field and aim for quality than quantity. I wish Patterson focus on fewer characters and less novels.
on 28 October 2014
Not the best Womans Murder Club book (but the last one annoyed me even worse when Boxer went back to work when her baby was only 2 weeks old. Then the baby had a cancer scare and Boxer was nipping out to visit crime scenes in between hospital visits - seriously, come on!!) Also felt like the main story didn't quite wrap up at the end of the book.
on 31 December 2014
Disappointed! Having read the entire series I have to agree with others quality is going downwards.

Three plot lines running at once was confusing. I found myself caring little about what was happening with yuki and Brady and skipping these chapters. The cindy and jackie plot line was great - until the end.
All that build up and all she does is show up at the end, with a gun, in broad daylight and get shot. Hardly #5 on Americas most wanted list. As for the main plot line - has my kindle broken? What was the ending? Did they get any evidence to prosecute? We're there anymore bombs? Did chucks reopen?

I will buy the next one - but if it's the same issues again I won't buy more. I think Patterson perhaps needs to limit the amount of books being released by him and his "co-writers". It seems tome forgoing quality for quantity (although undoubtedly this way is more profitable - it's a shame for true fans)
on 9 May 2014
This one didn't need so many different stories in it..... Should have picked 2 maybe and ran with them....
Didn't hold my attention ..... Every now and then you get a sense that a book is rushed out.....this is one of them!
on 6 May 2014
Flat.......that's how I felt after reading Unlucky 13. Having read many James Patterson books and all the Murder Club series I was very disappointed. I wonder how much writing Patterson does per book compared to Maxine Paetro?
I agree with other negative responses that there were too many plots. The belly bombers were a far stretch but the cruise ship pirating my white Americans in Alaska was an absolute joke.
I hadn't touched a James Patterson book for two years before I got "sucked in" to this one.
That's it.....no more!
on 5 July 2014
Really disappointing. The story was boring - I never felt any sense of suspense and the style of writing did not work for me. The slushy, lovey, dovey parts made me want to puke. There are so many far superior authors out there; John Connolly, Jeffrey Deaver, Harlan Coben to name but a few. To me Patterson is a lazy writer and at no point, unlike theses other authors did I stop and appreciate a particular description or a clever plot line. Will not be buying another. My advice; don't waste your money !
on 20 May 2014
gripping from start to finish.Can't wait for No.14.Please don't take to long.Now going to catch up with Alex Cross.Looks like another long night.
on 19 May 2014
BRILLIANT , CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE VERY GRIPPING AND IS A MUST IF YOU HAVE READ THE OTHER ONES, IF YOU HAVENT GET STARTED LOVE THEM ALL
on 19 May 2014
I think I must be one of his biggest fans so in my eyes James Patterson can do no wrong, all the same it's a good book
on 6 January 2015
I have read may of James Patterson's books, including most of the Alex Cross series. Most of them are really good reads. I have also read most of this series. This is the first book I have read (by any author) for a long time that I would say was just completely unbelievable and disjointed. There were 3 completely unrelated threads, none of which related to anything that is ever likely to happen in the real world. I'm all for a bit of escapism, but this was just poor.