5.0 out of 5 stars Unlikely Outcomes, 6 Aug 2014
This review is from: Fates : I Bring the Fire Part IV: The Hunt for Loki is On (Kindle Edition)
This series MUST be read in the published order! The first book is I Bring the Fire Part I : Wolves (A Loki Story). The second book is Monsters : I Bring the Fire Part II (A Loki Story). The third book is Chaos: I Bring the Fire Part III (A Loki Story). The fourth book is In the Balance: An I Bring the Fire Novella (IBF 3.5). This is the fifth book. The next full book will be Warriors and there is a sneak peak at the end of this book :)

I really adore the Loki of this series. There is something sweet and innocent about him even though he has seen and done so much that should have truly made him into the unfeeling uncaring monster he is sometimes portrayed as. I find that very refreshing and amusing.

This book does a lot of time jumping through flashbacks... But not in a bad way. Every single one is needed for greater understanding of both the characters and the situations they find themselves in. I like that you get to see a lighter and better side of Thor in this book. Usually Thor annoys the living crap out of me no matter how he's written but here I found myself actually finding him to be a sympathetic and endearingly honorable character which can only be attributed to the awesomeness of Gockel's writing prowess. (Though I hate Odin more than normal and worse every book lol) Even Frigga is a somewhat sympathetic character under Gockel's adept pen :)

There is no contest really. This is my favorite Loki series ever and it always will be! I would recommend it to people who like mild SciFi and fantasy... But truly it is a comedy of errors on a grand scheme. I am never dissapointed by one of these books... They are thought provoking and funny ... Laced with sadness and joy. Pretty much something for everyone is found within the pages of these books. I really will be waiting on pins and needles for the next book The Slip: A Short Story from I Bring the Fire to be released!

***This series is suitable for adult readers

4.0 out of 5 stars I bring the fire part IV, 8 May 2014
This carries the story onward from where he disappeared(thought exploded to bits) but is a few years down line and Odin feels he should have re-appeared by now in yet another form so everyone is out looking for him. meantime a few of the other characters including one who may or not be the new Loki, have some trips of their own to contend with. Brilliant writing xx

4.0 out of 5 stars More Amy Lewis goodness, 26 April 2014
I won't say much about the plot cause it'd spoil the previous books, lets just say that if you've read and enjoyed any the previous I Bring the Fire books you'll enjoy this.
If you haven't read them, start with book 1, it is free for the kindle. If you didn't like the first one why are you trying the fourth? That's just madness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 July 2014
Five stars again..... Clever and intriguing story lines ....