on 13 March 2014
In this book Gene has organised and described a set of deceptively simple approaches to help grow the leader in all of us, as well as giving specific help to organisational leaders and those wishing to build their confidence, capability, and impact in transforming themselves and organisations.

The book is short and highly readable. Each chapter presents an approach, gives examples of how it can be used, and finishes with a set of application questions that help you apply the approach to yourself. The real power of the book is in working through these application questions. To use a culinary analogy, the chapters are bite-sized morsels of potentially rich and nutritious ideas, and working through the exercises at the end is where the needed digestion takes place. This needs time and focus and the willingness to do some real personal work.

Gene works extremely well with the foundational idea that we must look to change ourselves first and in doing so will consequently effect change in others and the world around us, of which we are a part. Change may simply be about becoming much more aware of and changing our view of a situation. Very often this will ultimately lead to key insights about ourselves and the beliefs that are limiting us, and provide opportunities for growth that enlarges and supports a truer sense of who we are and what we can do.

My only suggestions would be at times to elaborate further on some of the concepts and increase even more the use of examples and everyday language. .

This book is a great representation of Gene, the person he is, and the work that he does. It is very personal and I felt like he was sitting beside me as I read the book, sharing his own journey and insights, and challenging me in the best possible way to be all that I truly am. Thank you Gene for sharing this, and for your personal dedication to making a difference to others.

I highly recommend this book for anyone looking to grow their own leadership potential, and for those acting as a coach or developmental support to current and aspiring leaders. I very much look forward to the rest of the series.
on 11 March 2014
At last Gene Early has found the inspiration to write the book that will spread his wisdom and knowledge to a wider audience. For too long Gene has confined himself to consulting, counselling and workshops. His teachings have always proved invaluable to those lucky enough to have been able to work with him. Now this book that will enable many more people to start on their personal journeys to self-understanding as a means of unlocking their potential.

Gene has been a master of transformation for many years. In this book he uses stories, examples and quotations with masterly effect to enable and inspire anyone who wants to transform themselves into the person they are capable of becoming. I can’t wait for the print copy to appear so that I can keep it by me as a work of reference and a source of inspiration.

David Ferrers, Principal, Leaders Academy International
on 12 March 2014
I have had the honour of working with Gene for over 30 years and have experienced his wisdom, his love, his influence, his charisma, his faith and the remarkable power with which he can coach people to the truth. I would not have thought it possible to be able to capture this in writing and yet here in this wonderful book he has distilled the essence of his wisdom. And I know that this is one of many so there is so much more to come. The learning and the advice in this is profound. Take time .. let the words sink in and you will be transformed as so many people are come into Gene's presence. This book will take the remarkable messages that he has to give to a world platform and to those people who make the difference we need in the world. Sue Knight author of NLP at Work
on 25 March 2014
Wow! Was my first reaction after initially reading this book, to the point that I was relieved it was short as I knew I was immediately going to read it again. I then went one stage further and ordered the paper book copy as I knew I wanted and needed to keep referring back to parts of the book that made me really STOP in my tracks and THINK before I took an action or made a decision.
I would recommend this book without hesitation to anyone thinking about going into or who already were in business or if you know of anyone in that situation, this book would be one of the best gifts you could give them.
on 11 March 2014
I have had the privilege of attending Gene' s workshops and coaching. One thing I learnt quickly was that a little of Gene goes a long way. In this short book he delivers the same value.In this book, as from the person, a simple phrase can change the reader's entire sense of identity, and hence behaviour. In this book I discovered the key to the step change that will move me exponentially towards my own excellence. This book is for those organisational change agents who recognise that the key to change lies within themselves. And that is enough.
on 14 March 2014
I too have reached many "arrivals", and at the very minute I arrive, I look for the next thing...and the next! I love Gene's description of each arrival being a way station along the route. I am practising Gene's advice to consider how the future, transformed me would live in the present. It is actually a bit of a mind boggle and highlights how easily one can fall into a rut with a particular way of thinking or being. I plan to transform my potential and I am happy to have this book to offer guidance and challenge me.
on 12 March 2014
Having worked extensively with Gene, it's a pleasure to see him offering his unique approach to personal and organizational transformation to a wider audience. The view from the balcony is just one element in this simple, but compelling take on the power of self knowledge to change each one of us and those with whom we interact. Bring on the next in the series.
on 21 March 2014
This book is for some one who is a little unsure of what direction they want to take. it won't give you the answers. however If you give the content time and thought you will be a little closer.

I gave this book four stars. I believe there could be more depth in each chapter. The content was easy to follow and understand.