5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value Ski Socks
Have tried many different ski socks in the past and in comparison these socks proved to be comfortable and warm. They come nicely above the ski boot, don't slip down and I have washed them several times and they have kept their shape. All in all for the price, I was very impressed.
Published on 15 Feb. 2011 by KP99

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit too thick
when ski boots are fitted, they are done so to the shape of the foot.
If you have a huge sock on & then get the boot fitted, your foot will wobble about even when it feels tight. As a result you get less response & control of the ski, more so that might be thought.
Published on 27 Dec. 2012 by Liam Bulmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value Ski Socks, 15 Feb. 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit too thick, 27 Dec. 2012
when ski boots are fitted, they are done so to the shape of the foot.
Thinner socks give you the correct amount of room between foot and boot to keep control, and keep warm. Air is the best insulator, so a small layer of it rather than a thick sock is actually warmer. Thats why double glazing has a small space between the panes.
Better socks are therefore thin, and these are a bit to thick for me. Better boots tend to be tighter, so these arent quite what i was looking for.

BUT for the price, not bad as a back up!

Liam

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Socks, 19 Feb. 2011
These are a double pack of great pairs of socks.

On my last skiing trip I got really bad blisters, but with a bit of extra care, and these comfortable socks, this skiing trip has been amazing.

Very long, you will need to fold them over at the top, unless you are a giant!

3.0 out of 5 stars Warm but thick, 12 Mar. 2012
You get what you pay for with these, they are warm, but they are thick. If using rental boots these will be fine and good for those on a budget. However, if you have tight fitting boots these really are a bit too thick.

I now use them with my wellies instead and they are comfortable!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good kit, no problems even on top of the French alps in February, 2 April 2015
Had a great week skiing in Alpes D'Huez in the last week of Feb '15 with these and some more expensive socks I borrowed from a friend (Salomon and a pair from Snow and Rock) thought I'd post my review and comparison.

I can honestly say these socks performed perfectly, I never had cold feet, they were padded enough, had a good fit, and never needed adjusting. The material of the sock is more flocked in the shin area with an extra layer of over stitching to provide more thickness, they are also re-enforced with elastic around the mid-foot (I've posted an image of the shin area with them turned inside out). They wicked away the sweat admirably and were never uncomfortable.

They have a good elasticity and kept their shape well too - as opposed to the expensive ones which have stretched permanently to my calf size meaning that I have now effectively bought those from my smaller calved buddy.

Pleased to have bought these socks, and once I've un-broken my collar bone I plan to do a lot more skiing in them :) They were even nice and snug on the long slow walk back from the medical center ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, 18 Feb. 2012
Bought these a couple of weeks ago to take with me skiing in america. They have a very good fit and were extremely comfortable. Most days they kept me warm, however, when the temperatures hit below -20C, my toes did feel the effects. Other than that, i would definitely recommend these socks!

1.0 out of 5 stars Too thin, too tight, not that warm., 6 Nov. 2012
The first thing I've noticed is that they are too thin. I would expect from a pair of ski socks to be a little bit thicker to keep your feet warm but also protected from the boots top edge.
The second thing was that they are too tight. I am number 9 1/2 to 10 so i took the size 7-11 but even if they fit perfectly good on my feet, they refuse to go up to my leg, and when they go they don't stay there for more than 15-20mins of walking so i have to pull them back up again and again.
As for the warmth, I haven't seen any difference between them and my old regular, non thermal, wool socks. I haven't use them yet with my snow boots but with my trekking boots on a cold (around 0 degrees) day. Sorry but I am afraid i won't recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy feet, 27 Jan. 2011
I ordered these to use while skiing in the Les Deux Alpes in France. I'm a size 8 and they fitted very comfortably and provided supported in all the right places. They kept my toes warm for most part however at the very top of the peak they did start to become cold but considering the price they performed well and would definatly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 20 Dec. 2011
Socks are very warm and thick. You could get 'ski' socks cheaper than these ones but at 7eur each you wouldn't get ones as good quality as these!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good value, 18 Feb. 2013
I bought a pair of these as a back-up.

I was amazed at the range of foot sizes they covered and should have realised. They did fit my feet but only after I'd bruised my fingers pulling them my heal. They was no more give in the material.

Comfort wise they were OK. But I have worn them since and they move around a lot in other types of boots.

I would only recommend these if want some disposable ones and you have feet a lot smaller than the maximum range.