Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£6.99

on 6 August 2006
As my all-time favourite actor,James Stewart -the man- was someone I wanted to get to know. Unfortunately this book did not help me, as it became quite clear the author did not attain this feat, and did not appear to speak to many people close to the man. The initial chapters of the book almost bored me into giving up on it. After perservering to the end, I wondered why I bothered.I am looking for another biography to try again.
on 17 April 2013
I love all things Jimmy Stewart so this book gives me insight no his remarkable life. A very interesting read.
on 2 July 2008
Firstly, it was dull to read. Unfortunately I am someone who has to finish a book when I start it. I wish I wasn't. This was tough going. The writing was very flat.

Secondly, at no point did the author get inside the man. Either that or James Stewart was a saint who never did a thing wrong. Don't expect any revelations in this. Summary: nice man, gentleman, family man - it's not a good read.
on 12 February 2015
A bit too much information and not enough detail !!
on 20 July 2009
Very good biography of one of the great stars of Hollywood. It takes a while to get going, but there's plenty of info and stories. Well worth a read.
on 17 September 2009