Published 8 months ago by Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok
Not up to the usually standard.
Published 6 months ago by people's bank

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Review: Blood Games by Chloe Neill (snark-tastic and swoon-worthy!), 21 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Blood Games: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel (Chicagoland Vampires Series Book 10) (Kindle Edition)
Each time I read one of Chloe Neill's books I have this little doubt in my mind that the book won't be as awesome as the last instalment and each time I'm wrong. Blood Games has more than one plot thread going on; there is a killer in Chicago leaving human victims behind but on top of that Ethan and Merit have to prepare for the consequences of challenging Darius as head of GP.

Blood Games is fast-paced and I quite-frankly devoured the whole book in one sitting. Chloe Neill had me snickering behind my hand, swooning (frequently), and praying that everyone would make it out alive. All of our favourite characters from the rest of the series are present in this book and I loved every single one of them! As always, the book simply wasn't long enough to quench my thirst for this series and I am dying to read the next book after that ending! Luckily, there is going to be an Ethan & Merit novella in February which I am buying the moment it comes out.

Anybody who's read part of the Chicagoland Vampires series should definitely continue and read Blood Games! It has fantastic characters, swoon-worthy romance, and snark-tastic vampires – all a girl could need ;)

Adult
5 stars (duh)

(Review originally posted on blog: http://booksandbooksreviews.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/quick-review-blood-games-by-chloe-neill.html)

4.0 out of 5 stars Chicagoland Vampires book 10, 15 Feb. 2015
Sarah (Feeling Fictional) (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
There is a serial killer on the hunt in Chicago and since all clues point to the murderer being a supernatural creature it is up to Merit and the Ombuddies to help the CPD figure out exactly what is going on. Quite frankly Merit is just relieved to have something to take her mind off the fact that Ethan has challenged Darius to become the new head of the GP. There are only a small number of possible outcomes to the challenge and Merit isn't sure if she's prepared for any of them!

I have to admit to having mixed feelings when Ethan challenged Darius, I was intrigued by the idea because it has the potential to open up all kinds of possibilities for the future of the series but at the same time I was a little nervous that it would mean that this story in particular could potentially become quite predictable. I was pretty certain when I picked up Blood Games that I knew exactly how things would play out and where Ethan and Merit would be at the end of it. I'm happy to say I was completely wrong with my guesses though and Chloe Neill managed to side swipe me with something that I would never have considered - I just love it when an author can do that to me! Things are certainly getting interesting and I can't wait to see what happens in the next few books.

Merit and Ethan are both under a lot of strain in this book and it does seem for a while like they've taken two steps backward in their relationship which was a little disappointing but even though Ethan tries to keep Merit at arm's length I loved seeing her so determined to break through his barriers. Before we've seen her turn tale and run when things get hard so it was great to see her fighting for what she wants but I'm going to admit to wanting to smack Ethan around the head a couple of times and tell him to stop being such an idiot. He does have some incredibly sweet moments too though so I forgave him fairly quickly. When they are on the same page their relationship is one of my favourite to read about and to be honest I still love them when they're arguing, they're just so well suited to each other and I enjoy the way Merit brings out Ethan's more playful side.

One character that really gets a chance to shine here is Mallory, she has come a long way towards redeeming herself over the last few books but it was here when I really felt her friendship with Merit starts to properly get back on track. I loved that they finally had a real conversation about what had happened in the past and how they both wanted to move forward in the future and I was pleased that Chloe Neill took the time to add that to the storyline. I also really, REALLY loved the section where Merit and Jonah visit the convention, it was absolutely hilarious and I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard! (Surely I can't be the only one who wanted her to buy the Ethan underwear just so we could see his reaction when he first saw her wearing them? That scene would be PRICELESS!).

Blood Games is a fab instalment and I think it's been a real game changer so I don't really have any idea what to expect from Dark Debt but I do know it's a book I'm desperate for and I can't wait to see what happens next.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is totally amazing, Chloe has done it again, 11 Aug. 2014
This book is totally amazing, Chloe has done it again.It follows Ethan on his quest to rule the GP.Of course it isnt all plain sailing in either there relationship or for the take over of the GP.This book has me laughing one minute and shouting at my kindle the next.Beautifully written , i love this series as it tackles one story at a time and does not leave a cliff hanger, howvever it does leave you wanting more.Roll on the release of Dark Debt .

5.0 out of 5 stars DON'T MISS THIS, 12 Aug. 2014
Once again a great book. Wish that there were more of them. The interaction between all of the characters is so believable. Lets face it no relationship is perfect and conflict will always be there, but it is all handled so well. The end was so well done as I couldn't see Ethan ending up in London, but what a surprise with the winners actions. Should make for a great next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another read that I could not put down until I finished., 8 Mar. 2015
Another good read from Chloe Neill. This story sees Merit and Ethan relationship put through another test. There is the testing for the head of GP during this time Ethan pulls away from Merit as he thinks his past will cause her to run away. In Chicago there is the tarot card murders for Merit to keep her mind on and not Ethan`s fears. I can't wait until next story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood Games an intrigue, 10 Nov. 2014
Brilliant as always suspense on every page and characters are so real can't wait till the next book . Love the tarro theme and how it devises the demise of the victims a must read for all fans

5.0 out of 5 stars love the thrills, 19 Mar. 2015
Hooked straight away.... love the thrills, the secrets, the twists and turns. The tension, love and anguish that builds from the characters you learn to love and sometimes hate, is fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars They get better and better, 22 Aug. 2014
They get better and better. Great book with good pace, lots going on as usual and I'm happy that the series hasn't lost momentum like some can. Can't wait for the next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes brilliantly written enjoyed book who does not enjoy a jaunt ..., 12 Dec. 2014
Yes brilliantly written enjoyed book who does not enjoy a jaunt into a world of vamps and other supernatural creatures abreak from reality

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome!, 9 Aug. 2014
i love this series soooo mucb and bok 10 did not dissapoint! thank you chloe for another fantastic read!! x

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›