Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.49

on 28 April 2014
Followed her through X-Factor. Delighted to buy her CD. She is the people's favourite. May she have a long and successful career.
on 28 April 2014
lovely cd. great songs and great voice. really great choice of music for her first cd track. more to come, hopefully.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 20 February 2016
INTRODUCTION:

Sam Bailey (born 29 June 1977) is an English singer, known for winning the tenth series of The X Factor in 2013. Following her win, her debut single, a cover of Demi Lovato's "Skyscraper", was released on 16 December 2013, achieving the Christmas number one on 22 December 2013. She was the first X Factor winner in three years to gain the Christmas number one spot. (Trivia: last time was Matt Cardle’s When We Collide in 2010)

On 24 February 2014, Bailey supported Beyoncé on one of the dates of her UK leg of The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour, as well as performing on The X Factor Live Tour. Her debut album The Power of Love was released on 24 March 2014 and debuted at number one on the UK Albums Chart, the last time being Alexandra Burke topped the chart with her debut album Overcome in October 2009. In support of the album, Bailey will go on her first ever headline tour in January and February 2015.

She is happily married to Craig, with two lovely children, Brooke and Tommy.

CONTENTS:

I have compiled a song listing (with chart position & year, plus personal comments), which is as follows:

01 The Power Of Love*performed live on he 19th National Television Awards
02 From This Moment On
03 There You’ll Be
04 And I’m Telling You (duet with Nicole Scherzinger)*originally performed in the X Factor Final.
05 Compass
06 Lord Is It Mine
07 Get There
08 Treasure
09 Ain’t No Mountain High Enough (duet with Michael Bolton)*performed live on he 19th National Television Awards
10 Superwoman
11 Skyscraper (UK 1/2013; SCOTLAND 1/2013; IRELAND 1/2013)

POSITIVE POINTS:

1 This is a very powerful album with 11 great songs. These songs really displayed the full power of Sam’s vocal range. She could soar up in the sky with her vocal, matching that of Nicole Scherzinger, in And I Am Telling You, and also can be very tender as in her No. 1 UK hit Skyscraper.
2 The entire CD is very well remastered with clear clean crisp vocals and backing instrumental tracks. Great bass.
3 There is a 12-page booklet containing all the lyrics.

NEGATIVE POINT:

None

FINAL THOUGHTS:

This is truly an amazing debut album from Sam Bailey. All the songs are very enjoyable, especially the very catchy Skyscraper, that will grow on you, especially the haunting piano backing. The sound was superb and very well remastered. Sam Bailey has a great vocal talent, and will surely achieve greatness as time goes by, like Leona Lewis and Alexandra Burke. This is a great CD and is highly recommended.
on 24 March 2014
Even though I watch X Factor, I usually don't bother investing in the artists after the show but with Sam I knew I wanted to hear an album from her from very early on in the live shows....this is it and what an amazing album it is! I've had it playing all morning - I just love her voice - it's phenomenal! There's also no mistaking it, in every song you can hear Sam's style and even though the majority are covers, they are well chosen and suit her perfectly with some favourites from the series too. The two duets are great additions too, particularly the duet with Nicole Scherzinger, it's one you just have to stop and listen to. There's a few original songs on there too, my favourite is currently Compass but they'll all good and perfect for her voice. Great debut album Sam!
on 31 March 2014
I found this album hard to give a rating, I found the album lacking in variety in terms of theme, but Sam's voice shines through on all the tracks.

1. The Power of Love 4.5/5 - her performance of this on the x factor really cemented her as my favourite and her version here is one of the highlights. The only slightly niggle is the extra note before the key change, which I noticed on the x factor the production often didn't give a smooth transition.

2. From This Moment on 3/5 - like the song choice, but I feel she belts too soon on this track, without properly building up to it.

3. There You'll Be 3/5 - opposite of previous track, I groaned at the song, Breathe would have been a much more interesting Faith Hill song to choose and with its sensual quality rather than the overpowering sentimentality would have added a bit of emotional range to the album. That said she does use the softer side of her voice a little more.

4. And I Am Telling You 4/5 - a good duet well sung.

5. Compass 5/5 - really like this song, slightly unfamiliar to me at least, which is makes it fresher.

6. Lord is it mine 4/5 - another heartfelt song.

7. Get Here 3/5 - Sam's version is ok, but I'm a little bored of this song after hearing it on Pop Idol and I never liked it then. It's kind of dreary and the musical equivalent of a soggy bottom.

8. Treasure 4.5/5 - the only original song, written by Diane Warren and shows a softer side to Sam's voice, which this album could do more in places.

9. Ain't No Mountain High Enough 4/5 - Another good duet.

10. Superwoman 5/5 - my favourite on the album, a little different in genre with R & B, but also the heartache is when Sam's voice really shines and connects, and it's a shame that the other songs are too soppy and overblowingly happy in love.

11. Skyscraper 5/5 - a more modern song, which this album could have had more of (if it had to be an album of covers) with songs like Clown or If I were a boy like she did on the X factor. What I like about this song is that there at least is a struggle in the song, it's not just being happy and all loved up.
on 31 March 2014
Bought SAMs CD last night ....and was able to hear immediately as it also came with a free download ....this was even before I receive the actual CD .....it is the best CD I've bought for a very long time ...it is full of emotion and one track reduced me to tears ...I won't be buying my CDs anywhere else but amazon from now on its better than buying at the shops ....fantastic gift x
on 1 April 2014
I absolutely love this album. She has one strong pair of lungs.....cannot stop listening to the CD. Would highly recommend to others who enjoy power ballads.
on 18 April 2014
I have been waiting for this album and found that it was less expensive to order it from England than in the US! It took a bit longer to get it, but WOW! was it worth it! This is, without a doubt, the best CD I've gotten in a very long time. Sam's voice is rich and magical and there isn't one note off. The songs that were chosen are spectacular as was Sam's voice, as usual. I can't wait to see what her next CD will be, hopefully filled with all new songs. She could sing the alphabet and it would come out gorgeous. Mind you, I followed her on YouTube because first, I don't watch tv, and secondly, even if I did, the show wouldn't come in on a US band. I rooted for Sam all the way through and saw her as the winner the first time I heard her sing. She's just fantastic on this CD. You will absolutely not be disappointed in this collection of songs. I enjoyed every one of them.
on 31 March 2014
I love her voice and the songs on the album totally suits her voice. I love the tracks and after downloading on mp3 player, I also ordered the cd for others to listen in my car. I sincerely hope she will continue to sing and that she stays popular. I want to hear her for years to come.
Sam Bailey certainly has a beautiful voice and has a huge amount of power behind it. There are a couple of new songs on here and the rest are covers. Adding to the album are duets with Nicole Scherzinger and another with Michael Bolton. Of the two duets, unexpectedly (to me at least!) I prefer the one with Michael Bolton. Their two voices seem to compliment each other very well.

The only slight request I have, is that I would love to hear more songs form her with a more gentle touch... The quieter ones. She certainly has the voice and ability to be able to sing such songs. But perhaps she is saving this for her next album (bring it out soon please Sam!).

I discovered her almost accidentally really, as due to work I don't normally get the opportunity to watch X factor. I heard a repeat of an episode on television and was really impressed. I'm still impressed after listening to this cd a couple of times this morning and hope to hear more from her in the future.

Recommend.