5.0 out of 5 stars I liked it but I've seen Rise of a foot soldier
I liked it but I've seen Rise of a foot soldier, the Football Factory, Green Street and both versions of the Firm. If you havent seen them you wont get half of the jokes, there was also references to other films like Goodfellas and Scarface.
So if you are going to watch it, it helps if you watch all the real football hooligan films first.
Published 1 month ago by J. L. Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars I found this totally unfunny. I wish some of ...
I found this totally unfunny. I wish some of the initial reviewers would write spoilers and point out what they were laughing at 'throughout' and 'till my cheeks hurt'.
Published 3 months ago by T. Coulton

1.0 out of 5 stars I found this totally unfunny. I wish some of ..., 17 Sep 2014
T. Coulton "terryxpress" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hooligan Factory (Blu-ray)

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked it but I've seen Rise of a foot soldier, 20 Nov 2014
J. L. Smith (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hooligan Factory [Blu-ray + UV Copy] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)

3.0 out of 5 stars Puts the boot into hooligan movies, 19 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Hooligan Factory (DVD)
Some reasonable jokes about the hooligan side industry of fiction and autobiographies with references to all the classic movies from The Firm onwards, plus mixed in with references to the Goodfellas movie.
Doesn't always work and we all have our own idea of what is funny but I had a few laugh out loud moments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Hooligan Spoof Film!, 30 Nov 2014
This review is from: The Hooligan Factory (DVD)
Absolutely brilliant! Well scripted and a take off of just about all the British Hooligan films (and more!) with loads of cameos from Danny Dyer to Ian Lavender! Lets have some more from Nick Navern! This film only missed out on awards because of the prejudice against British Low Budget films.

2.0 out of 5 stars This film was very gory and had very black humour ..., 22 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Hooligan Factory (DVD)
This film was very gory and had very black humour. Not at all my kind of film. My husband watched the whole thing but wasn't impressed and gave it two stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the worst film I've seen, 28 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Hooligan Factory [DVD] (DVD)
Not the worst film I've seen. Funny in few places, not something I would watch again or recommend, unless you've not paid for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute MUST SEE film, hilarious, 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Hooligan Factory [DVD] (DVD)
Not knowing what to expect from this film I went to see it with a few mates at the cinema and what can I say except we laughed from start to finish. We loved the references to the films it parodies, with the characters and scenes. There were some proper laugh out loud moments where we couldn't stop laughing. Good to see this sort of film and the quality of the clothing was spot on! Unleash The Tash...haha!

1.0 out of 5 stars as funny as paint drying, 18 July 2014
This review is from: The Hooligan Factory [DVD] (DVD)
UTTER RUBBISH. once again the background extras posting positive comments. Don't believe the comments. Trust me Nick Nevern writes, direct and stars can only lead to rubbish.

Jokes stolen from other comedys that were rubbish in them films too and the word "MELT!" used about 600 times and i've heard it
years ago.

Trust me avoid like the plague and watch paint dry its funnier

3.0 out of 5 stars Occasionally Funny, 15 July 2014
This review is from: The Hooligan Factory [DVD] (DVD)
Well it's funny in places but if, like me, you were expecting something in the vein of Lock Stock or Cockneys vs Zombies, it's not quite in that league. Danny Dyer and Tamer Hassan are in the prologue for about two minutes - in a scene that doesn't quite gel with the rest of the story - but after that largely a cast of unknowns.

Seems written to appeal to the element being lampooned, SWMBO didn't find it very funny not helped by minimal female characters - Dex's wife a stereotyped Essex chavette and assorted topless "extras" in strip clubs.

The sort of production that one time would have been considered as a one off show on C4 or C5 but these days qualifys for a low budget movie release.

In summary not a total loss but doubt I'll watch more than once.

5.0 out of 5 stars It will make you laugh so much you will get cramp in your cheeks!, 12 Jun 2014
I was proud to be there at the Premiere on Monday 9th June 2014.
This is a film worth seeing and it will make you laugh all the way through, so much; that it will give you cramp in your cheeks!
[...]