5.0 out of 5 stars I liked it but I've seen Rise of a foot soldier
I liked it but I've seen Rise of a foot soldier, the Football Factory, Green Street and both versions of the Firm. If you havent seen them you wont get half of the jokes, there was also references to other films like Goodfellas and Scarface.
So if you are going to watch it, it helps if you watch all the real football hooligan films first.
Published 5 days ago by J. L. Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars I found this totally unfunny. I wish some of ...
I found this totally unfunny. I wish some of the initial reviewers would write spoilers and point out what they were laughing at 'throughout' and 'till my cheeks hurt'.
Published 2 months ago by T. Coulton

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars You must see this movie, 12 Jun 2014
Went to see this not knowing what to expect , as a fan of hooligan films like 'football factory' and the brilliant 'firm' with Gary Oldman and Phil Davis, I thought it was worth a look it is actually very, very good and extremely funny, I'd say it's the funniest British film since the brilliant Hot Fuzz, the acting from Nick Nevern (who it turns out, also Co wrote and directed) was outstanding as was Jason Maza, Josef Altin and the usual cracking performance by Lorraine Stanley who is fast becoming my favorite British actress, she never gives a less than brilliant performance whatever the role. The film was very well cast and I couldn't find fault in any of the acting , there are some amazing cameos too!

The direction was great and now I've looked up Nick Nevern, I'm going to watch his other film he wrote and directed 'Terry'

The story keeps you gripped all the way through, and although it's a comedy, there is actually one scene that is quite moving, but mostly it is hilarious and it really takes the Mick out of the originals, but in a really nice way ,the writer is obviously a fan of the genre it is parodying, I have to say I was disappointed when it ended, but there was a teaser at the end ,which points to another film , I really hope Nevern makes more movies, he is truly talented as an actor and director ,which is very good for British films.

The camera work gave this film the look of something much higher budget than it actually was , I see great things ahead for Nevern and eagerly await his next project , all in a must see movie and it proves that the Brits do comedy better than anyone.

I loved it.

2.0 out of 5 stars not very funny, 17 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Hooligan Factory [DVD] (DVD)
Missed opportunity, couple of scenes made me smile, could have been much funnier

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly Hilarious Film, 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Hooligan Factory [DVD] (DVD)
Can't believe how funny this film is you have to see it! Don't miss out on the number 1 comedy of 2014 with top actors which you'll want to watch again and again

4.0 out of 5 stars two bob ......., 24 July 2014
An enjoyable rumble through numerous hooligan movies that have gone before.

3.0 out of 5 stars A few clever scenes but not as funny as the reviews lead me to believe, 4 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Hooligan Factory [DVD] (DVD)
Thought this movie was okay but nothing special. I loved all the movies it was based on and like good comedy but it just felt like this movie was lacking any real big laughs. I had a few chuckles along the way and some of the nods they gave to the movies were funny but just not hilarious. It a watchable movie but not re watchable and I wouldn't expect too much or I think you will feel let down. A great idea with mediocre execution.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Nov 2014
This review is from: The Hooligan Factory [DVD] (DVD)
good film as long as it is put away from children

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 8 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Hooligan Factory [DVD] (DVD)
Was a present for my partner ,he was delighted!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top draw film and sure to be a hit, 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Hooligan Factory [DVD] (DVD)
A spoof on all of the classics! You've got Goodfellas, Green Street, Football Factory, etc. Love the bit in the club, that was my favourite scene and cracks me up! Love it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not brill, 17 Aug 2014
Not great made me smile that's about it

2.0 out of 5 stars less laughs, 4 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Hooligan Factory [DVD] (DVD)
not as funny as I thought it would be

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

The Hooligan Factory [DVD]
The Hooligan Factory [DVD] by Nick Nevern (DVD - 2014)