VINE VOICEon 13 March 2014
I was one of the authors who provided feedback on earlier versions of this book, and the publishers were therefore kind enough to send me a pre-publication copy.

The 2014 Facebook Marketing Guide for Authors is a comprehensive guide, divided into five main 'steps'. These are as follows...

1. Define Your Goals
2. Find Your Readers and Your Power Readers
3. Set Up Your Page
4. Engage with Posts and Conversations
5. Advertise for Likes, Engagement and Conversions

Each step is a discussed under a series of sub-headings, many of which focus on one specific item of advice (e.g. 'Don't Boost Posts'). Both free and paid-for promotional methods are covered.

The book is very well written and designed, with screen-capture illustrations where relevant. It goes into plenty of detail, and I don't mind admitting I learned a lot from it. For example, I was intrigued to find out about Dark Posts, which are a certain type of paid Facebook advertising, and not nearly as sinister as they sound!

Obviously the free and paid-for services available from BookBuzzr get a good plug, but you don't need to use them to benefit from this guide (although I do recommend them myself).

There is also an FAQ at the end of the book in which questions about Facebook marketing submitted by various writers are answered.

If you're a writer looking for ideas for promoting your book or e-book through the hugely powerful medium of Facebook, the 2014 Facebook Marketing Guide for Authors should prove an invaluable resource for you.
on 9 April 2014
Straightforward and easy to understand, this would have to be one of the best guides to Facebook for authors I’ve come across. Many of the tips and points are not exclusive to Facebook, though – they could be applied to any social networking platform.

Highly recommended. An excellent resource.
on 25 September 2014
A fairly helpful book for writers.