on 7 March 2014
Read it last night & it's excellent! I found that when I decided to stop drinking alcohol completely, going out and socialising was the most difficult bit for me, not the actual being alcohol free but the reactions of others who couldn't quite believe that anyone could possibly choose to do so! The advice in here on how to handle this and stick with your decision not to drink in is spot on. I enjoyed the book 'Sober is the new black' immensely too! X
on 27 March 2014
This is a really useful little book for anyone who has given up alcohol and is worried they will no longer dazzle at social occasions. It is a short and easy to read book written in Rachel's usual up-beat and friendly style. It has lots of tips and advice and is a bit like having a best friend or big sister giving you a pep-talk. Rachel uses examples from her own experiences and there is something for everyone here. This is well worth buying whatever stage you are at, but would be particularly helpful for those at the start of their alcohol free life x
on 8 March 2014
Great read, just what you need to keep you on track before a sober event. Short enough to re-read when needed. Rachel is obviously a cool sober lady :)
on 15 April 2014
Bought this ahead of a party I'm attending and its given me some great tools for the occasion. This is from the heart - felt like a good friend giving me advise but one that knew exactly how I was feeling and what my concerns were. Highly recommended if, like me, alcohol isn't an option.
on 20 April 2014
Loved this book with its clear advice and upbeat, positive style, written for anyone who doubts they can still party when not drinking. It reminded me that it is possible to 'have a life' and enjoy the company of friends and family without having to drink.
on 21 April 2014
Really great guide looking at what for me has been the most difficult aspect of deciding to stop drinking. Really useful scenario considerations with advice around how you personally want to deal with questions etc. Easy reading too, recommended!
on 26 May 2014
Absolutely brilliant. The best book and her others on the subject. Felt she really identified with her reader and I'm happy to say from reading this book and her other I gave up drinking for good painlessly and effortlessly. If your a binge drinker that's getting a bit too wild or the hangovers a bit too much this book is for you.
on 11 December 2014
This book really helped me with strategies for coping at parties and events, and provides some extra support if you decide to be sober. Very useful if you are thinking about giving up alcohol, or need some additional support with your decision.
on 24 May 2015
This book is written in an easy to read manner and helps the reader to arm themselves for going to social occasions without the 'comfort' of alcohol. I would recommend it for anyone apprehensive about attending functions sober.
on 17 December 2014
Was hoping for some revelations on the bits I find difficult, mainly making conversation with new people but there wasn't anything new to me at all. Maybe some people will find something in there but I'm glad it was only £3.73