Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Week in Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop Now Shop now

I received this book to give an honest review.

Where do I even start? I finished this book 2 days ago and I am not sure how to even write this review!
Let's start with the beginning, we learn the rules of a Bloodsucker lets not confuse them with vampires because they seem to be different even though bloodsuckers and vampires both drink blood. We get to learn the three rules that the Bloodsuckers have to follower which I was pretty interested in knowing that there were rules to follow.
I have to say the ending was my favorite and no not because the book ended but because of how we got to see the relationship between Hyeon Jin and Mun Oh grow, and the ending kind of wrapped it up nicely.

Mun Oh is to go to his sister and have her renounce her heritage which a big deal, but it seems that while Mun Oh's sister Ji Sun is living with humans happily. Mun Oh doesn't like humans so well that is until he meets Hyeon Jin and she gives him a run for his money. As time ticks down for Mun Oh to get his sister to agree to do what she is suppose to do, Hyeon learns Mun Oh's secret and that is when the whole game plan changes for them all. What will happen next you have to just read to find out. I thought the author did do a good job with making the story line enjoyable and work together. The characters were done good but not something I could connect with.

My favorite quote in the book " Love is the most expensive commodity..." "The more you are willing to pay, the more valuable the price." "The only question is: how much are you willing to pay?" That quote says it all about love and it went perfect in this story when you see what happens to Hyeon and Mun Oh.

There is talk of bullying and Hyeon is the one doing the bullying. I didn't like that she did it and she did not become a character I liked. It did finally become clear why she is the way she is, but if she was truly honoring someone she wouldn't act the way she does. I really did not enjoy any of the characters they just weren't someone I could click with. Not only is she a bully but the way she treats her father was very uncalled for.

Now what bothered me with the story was the fact that Hyeon kept using words over and over again. It just got to be annoying and bothersome at times. Like the word "pest" she would keep calling Mun Oh a pest, I literally lost count on how many times it was used that I would just glance over the word.

And Mun Oh it drove me absolutely bonkers when he kept calling Hyeon retarded. I mean I understand back when I was a kid we use to say that and it wasn't that big of deal because we weren't being ugly about it. And neither was Mun Oh in this story, but just the fact that it is now a big deal to use the word I feel as though the author could have used something else in its place. Now I have a thing about calling people dumb or stupid. Its not cool to do it. And for a guy to constantly say it to a female it is not cool. Mun Oh would say things like "Could you get any dumber? you should know better than taking anything from strangers." Among other things.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 March 2014
This charming Korean vampire love story by Zhu Hsia in the spirit of Stephanie Meyer's Twilight saga will certainly please the teen vampire fans across the world

Due to it being Korean, chances are ity might slip under the radar with westernized authors and readers, but it shouldn't, this book is a fine addition to the teen vamp romance sub-genre and is equally as appealing.

I sense great things for Zhu Hsia, she could definitely become the next Stephanie Meyer

If you're new to the vampire love stories, a fan of Twilight or True Blood, this book is definitely 100% recommended for you.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse