on 15 August 2014
Although I find serial killers terrifying I love reading books about them, I find it fascinating. Are they born evil or did something happen to them in their life to turn them into sadistic monsters?!
The Jack the ripper story is fascinating, and I'd say h h holmes fits the bill of the 1888 ripper.
1 he fits the description of the witness statements seen with some of the victims.
2 no-one heard any noise at any of the crime scenes(even though there were houses right by). Holmes was well known for chloroforming his victims before killing them.
3 he removed organs from victims and sold skeletons.
4 The killer was left handed. So was holmes!
5 the dear boss letter is identical to his handwriting.
6 it's been said he had no interest in prostitutes, but the killer didn't need to be interested in them, he just wanted their organs.
Too many coincidences!?!?
They'll never find out who he was now but it's a good story for armchair detectives.
This book is great for anyone that likes reading about serial killers.
on 15 January 2015
I found this book interesting and thought provoking. It goes into the psychology of the serial killers and presents ideas I hadn't previously thought of.

1 gripe though...in the west piece he call Charmaine...Garmaine a lot????? Disrespectful to the memory.
on 25 October 2014
Sorry to say but a great read,these scumbags never amaze me in what they do.
No wonder they are called psychopaths.
Wiser locked up.
on 28 February 2015
Interesting book. I enjoyed finding out more about each murder. Definitely worth a read. Recommended read if you enjoy crime books.
on 8 December 2014