5.0 out of 5 stars Good read
Liked it, don't read the long review - it gives it all away. Great read really, wasn't what I expected but loved it and the person who wrote it was a guy. So that was a bonus and I will now read more of his stuff.
Published 8 months ago by Phase58

3.0 out of 5 stars Too short, needed more? I think...
Published 3 months ago by James Willetts

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 30 Mar 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Too short, needed more? I think..., 24 Aug 2014
This review is from: Trouble & the Wallflower (Kindle Edition)
I'm not sure about this book, it didn't seem long enough, it covered everything in narrative but I can't make my mind up if it's either missing something or I wanted more of the characters story. It has a beautiful ending that seemed to get wrapped up very quickly and neatly. I loved the way Ray and his older friends treated the boys, considering the usual issues surrounding the older generation and being Gay. I think this book needs another read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story, I wish it had been longer., 16 May 2014
This review is from: Trouble & the Wallflower (Kindle Edition)
I got right into this story and what there was was okay, I just felt there could have been more.

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable book, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Trouble & the Wallflower (Kindle Edition)
There is already a good review on this book which says everything that needs to be said really and I agree with it all. A nice tale about a sweet shy young man and a brash playboy. You can't help but like both of them and they develop nicely together. Well worth a read

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my,,,,,, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: Trouble & the Wallflower (Kindle Edition)
What a gorgeous book I loved Davy and Gavin from the beginning little Olli too,great read did it in one sitting couldn't put it down

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: Trouble & the Wallflower (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this. Davy Cooper was brought up by his agoraphobic mother which included being home schooled. His first bite at freedom comes when he is 16 and his mum reluctantly allows him to get a part time job. Sadly she dies a year later and Davy is so socially inept he struggles with even the simplest of daily tasks. Meeting new people and having a social life is totally off the radar as even the thought cripples him.

Gavin Walker is manwhore personified. The pair are like chalk and cheese as the saying goes. His upbringing involved an alcoholic mother who committed the ultimate betrayal before he upped and moved across the country to live with his grandfather.

Davy enjoys his job in the local ice cream and has both come to love and hate the flirtatious Gavin who comes in and leaves his number at least once a week. When Davy braves a club one evening both craving and hating the sheer number of people there he spies Gavin with a go-go boy and hot foots it out of the place feeling a little bit heartbroken.

A kind of truce is drawn between the pair and they agree to try and be friends but when Gavin hooks up at a party Davy once again flees upset. A few days later when Gavin tries to apologise the 2 end up in a heated kiss and semi naked.

Theirs is not an easy relationship by any means but the dynamics completely change over the next few years. Gavin who is so brash and out there is actually extremely vulnerable with huge hang ups from his childhood. Davy who at first appearances wouldn't challenge a fly turns out to have a steel of spine and a few choice words when it comes to defending the man he is falling in love with.

When Gavins mum makes an appearance everything changes again and both men need to dig deep and stay strong as things will never be the same.

Trouble & the Wallflower