Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.05

on 28 February 2012
This is one of the best books of this genre I have read and is stored in my 'favourites' folder on my Kindle. James is indeed a 'dick' and he does remain a bit of one right to the end of the book, but he's also an honourable torn man who deserves more and Ethan is the man to help him.
on 20 March 2013
I have read loads of M/M books and this is probably one of the five best I have ever read. I love how it starts off in one direction then the totally spins round. James is a top-shot lawyer whom everyone hates, Ethan hates him on sight as he is rude and arrogant. Then a few pages later all that you think you know about this book turns upside down. I love Ethan and James although he isn't easy to like at times. It tells of a man in a violent relationship and how it can be a trap for years but a little compassion goes a long way in the form of Ethan. I read it in 48hours days with little sleep.
on 1 June 2012
This is one of the best books that I have bought and read recently I do not think that anyone could not have feelings for the two guys in the story .I could not help loving them both .This is a book that I will read again.
on 3 May 2015
Sue Brown keeps writing these wonderful stories that keep you hooked. This one is about James a brilliant lawyer who has to endure violent beatings by his husband, which started after they were in a serious car accident. James is a total flirt, but means nothing by it, using it to cover all the trauma and pain in his life. He is actually attracted to Ethan a much younger man who has just started at the firm, and as Ethan is also gay, he bumps into James at a gay club and later on his way home comes across James who is staggering due to being beaten up severely. James tells Ethan he was mugged, and Ethan takes him to hospital, where it seems they all know James, as he's been in several times with supposed muggings. Ethan rings his CO who happens to also be James' cousin to come and sort things out. Ethan and James form a sort of friendship, and it is one of the very few friends James has. This is a beautiful story, one that I also found moving and sad at times, as James struggles with the problems in his life.
on 3 May 2014
I will admit I wasn't too sure about this book, but I am so glad I took a chance. I fell in love with the main characters but it wasn't always easy. Sometimes I really did not like James, but others I did. To watch someone who u thought was a total bastard to be someone who was very very vulnerable and afraid is very hard.

This is definitely worth reading. 5 stars and more.