on 12 June 2013
Assembled the unit, connected the gas and.....nothing. I contacted the seller who arranged to pick up and exchange the burner unit which was faulty. The burner was picked up at no charge and the replacement arrived a couple of days later. Now reassembled and working fine. Looks nice but the little canopy cover that come along with it may be fine for protecting the burner but I ordered a full cover separately to secure the entire unit from the elements.
on 17 December 2010
The patio heater was delivered to my address in Portugal within a week. The price was excellent (much cheaper than anything I could buy in Portugal) and the quality fully up to expectations. Assembly was straight forward and the unit worked first time. The stainlees steel finish looks good quality and is worth getting as my previous painted unit (purchased locally) started to show rust marks within a year. All in all an excellent product and delivery service for the price. Memo: The gas attachement supplied is a standard UK item and is different from those used in Portugal but it was a simple matter to unscrew and fit a standard Portuguese attachment.
on 10 October 2015
Brilliant heater and fantastic value for money, looks much more expensive than it costs and the stainless steel should last

Just a heads up though, there is a small flap covering a hole on the main heater cylinder at the top, I couldn't get it to light, but once I opened the flap it lit, this is because it needs air to mix with the gas to ignite it. Also you do have to persevere and try pressing the igniter quite a few times. I tried for about 5 minutes!

Hope that helps
on 30 April 2016
Putting this together should have been easy. However, due to a sharp edge on the base unit, it cut through my index finger and was fortunate (after 5 hours in A&E) that I had not cut through my tendon. Buy it as it probably works well, but wear gloves when assembling.
on 17 June 2014
Like many of these gas heaters it can be difficult to ignite, especially if there is a breeze.

This model is reasonably well constructed.
on 4 December 2014
Great heat, easy to build, superb build quality. You can sit 4 yards away and stay warm. Stainless steel doesn't rust. Why only 4 stars? Someone in the design team forgot that the mild steel wing nuts on the cowelling rust and cause rust stains!
on 6 September 2015
Before you waste time building it check that the gas valve fits the bottle. Mine didn't and i had to cut the valve off my BBQ.
on 12 September 2013
I first saw patio heaters in the USA whilst on holiday years ago and was very impressed. As soon as they became available here I bought one and it gave good service for many years. This year it needed replacing due to it rusting and becoming dangerous.
Seeing this one made from stainless steel I decided to buy it and it proved to be easy to assemble even with the problem I have with mobility. I would suggest that the canopy should be fitted before attaching the burner unit to the column, I followed the instructions and found that I could not reach the top to fit the canopy and I am unable to climb.
Some reviewers had problems with fitting the rubber tube to the gas valve but a smear of washing up liquid solved that problem,
and the burner lit first time, however I could not see the pilot flame. On my previous one it was possible to do this and made the lighting easier, with this heater you need to try it by turning the heater on, after pressing the igniter.
on 10 June 2016
When I get it to light I will tell you how it works! Currently going through other people's comments to pick up hints. The operating/construction book is unhelpful to put it mildly. For example the picture at the back shows the gas cylinder with a screw on top. THIS IS WRONG. The top they supply is a snap on type which means you could end up buying the wrong gas canister. Will keep plugging away to get it lit!!
on 23 June 2016
We are very pleased with the Patio heater, My husband soon had it assembled but I must admit he is good at these things and it needed more tools than came with the set. I wouldn't have been able to do it! It looks and feels sturdier than some other heaters we have seen and was a good price, quickly delivered. It works well and lights easily if you give the gas time to reach the top the first time it is used.