on 31 July 2014
Beware of who supplies this!

A company called BEST BUY is proving a generic product that doesn't work. They are selling the same item at a much lower price too.

This is NOT a Samsung Card when provided by BEST BUY!

Waste of time. Waste of money.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 August 2014
Arrived in a plastic case in an Amazon stiffelope. Perfect!

Removed old 32Gb from tablet, (Tab2, 10.1") placed old card in adapter.
Placed adapter in card reader on MacPro. Made all files visible.

Dragged contents of old card to hard drive. Took a while so had coffee.
After copying, deleted all Oriental Bikini Babes In Custard and the secret plans for the trans-Pennine nuclear submarine base from 32GB (old) card, then inserted the now family-friendly 32GB card in kid's Tab3. Kid delighted with extra near 32 Gb of memory for her to waste on pictures of Justin Bieber or whatever.

Removed NEW 64Gb from packaging, placed new card in adapter.
Placed adapter in card reader on MacPro. Made all files visible, had a quick look in directory to see if there was any software and it was reading stated capacity, then deleted any content from new card (drag to trash then empty.) There were just a couple of empty directories but I ditched them in case of potential overwrite permission errors.

Dragged the hard-drive copy of the old 32GB card to the new 64GB card. Took a while so had coffee.

Renamed the new card NO NAME, the same as the old card. The new one had come up as UNTITLED and I thought it best to rename it to keep all paths identical, "just in case."

Ejected newly populated new card from card reader and placed it my Tab2 10.1.

All files visible and operational; the Oriental Bikini Babes In Custard and the secret plans for for the trans-Pennine nuclear submarine base survived the move intact.

Had coffee to celebrate

The card was fine out of the box, umm, envelope. No extra formatting necessary. On the Mac it Info'd at about 62GB, on the tablet at about 58GB.

I haven't run any diagnostic software but all seems fine. If any problems arise, I'll report back but I doubt it'll be necessary.

This was possibly the most painless RAM or HDD swap-out I've ever encountered. Detailing the steps makes it sound FAR more complicated than it actually was, but it may be useful to somebody.

We now know:
The card is formatted O.K. for Galaxy Tab, as is.
The Tab 2 reads this 64GB size fine.
Migrating old files is a doddle because of the included SD adapter. (IF you have a card reader for your PC/Mac etc.)

5 stars

addendum:

a few weeks on and I've had no problems.
Some directory hunting operations are a fraction of a fraction slower, but only sometimes. The extra space is marvellous - well, frankly astonishing. This is an upgrade definitely worth doing, no doubts at all.

BTW The kid thinks her Tab3 is faster with the extra 32 GB installed. May be worth investigating?

btw2:

I see there have been problems with some versions of this card from other suppliers but not with the one I used, which is:

1 of: Samsung Plus 64GB Micro SD SDXC Class 10 UHS-I Memory card, Upto 48MB/S with Adapter
Sold by: City of memories (seller profile)

I'll certainly use them again.
on 30 July 2014
PRODUCT IS NOT THE SAME AS ADVERTISED. NOT A SAMSUNG SD CARD BUT A STAR BUY FAKE SD CARD!! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS PERSON!
on 25 June 2014
Good thing - it's working so far and delivery was spot on.
Bad- not original Samsung card, no original packaging so you can most likely forget about warranty.
Using just to free space on my galaxy s4 nemory and some movies and music. I would not trust to put something important on this card.
on 5 April 2014
Bought to replace my original Galaxy Tab 3 micro SD card.

Very fast transfer speed with a large capacity, ideal for storing HD movies etc.
Left formatting of the card as exFAT and my Tab 3 has had no problem with it in this configuration, storing 10GB+ movie files – which playback flawlessly on the Tab.
on 24 May 2014
I was a bit dubious at first when I received it (two days after my order, really nice delivery time too), as it's just a card and adapter in a plastic box, without the usual cardboard sleeve (the one that carries these rather important ID logos), so I made it go through a SD card test and it passed brilliantly...So recommended purchase, you can't beat the price
on 13 August 2014
Don't get this item from BEST BUY. It's a fake copy, which dosn't work properly.

Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition says it's 64GB, but when I'm creating a folder on it, it crashes. When inserted into windows, it will tell you to format it and no matter which option you choose, you will only get 30.5 GB space.

The speeds is no where near 48MB/S (I got 8MB/S MAX).

This is what the card looks like http://www.amazon.co.uk/64GB-PERFORMANCE-UNIVERSAL-COMPATIBILIY-FEATURES/dp/B00FLB53LO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1407962081&sr=8-5&keywords=micro+sd+64gb
on 31 March 2015
I did not receive a genuine SD card from Samsung. I have purchased genuine Samsung SD cards before so I knew there was something suspicious about this product which came in a generic package and the card is all black with 'Samsung' poorly imprinted on it.
Having said that it performs reasonably well and it hasn't suffered a fault so it turned out to be a reasonable purchase for the price.
on 15 May 2014
So far it has worked perfectly. The packaging was easy to open and I got a microSD to SD adaptor that I wasn't expecting.
on 28 August 2014
Was not a Samsung product and turns out to be completely useless! It doesn't store photos or anything at all now! It started corrupting photos and making half the photo completely grey, like it had lost some of the information about the photo, and now it won't even recognise the memory card! Never buying from this seller again!