5.0 out of 5 stars Good things come to those who wait...
Although I downloaded this from Amazon on the day of release, I was determined to bide my time in terms of posting a review, as I believe good music takes its own time to seep into your consciousness and reveal its true identity. One week on, I can tell you that The Take Off And Landing Of Everything has arms. They slowly but surely wrap themselves around you, caressing...
Published 7 months ago by Hampton Caught

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacks 'hanger appeal'
Friends told me that this album took some getting into. Considering myself an Elbow fan, and having seen them perform several tracks live, I bought it with expectation - but reduced expectation. However, it's taken so long to get into it that it's back on the shelf and likely to stay there. Sorry, but this just doesn't have the musical equivalent of 'hanger appeal'. Those...
Published 2 months ago by Chris Brooke

‹ Previous | 122 23 2433 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars great writing musically and lyrically, 24 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Take Off And Landing Of Everything (The Take Off and Landing of Everything) (MP3 Download)
Incredible writing, great writing musically and lyrically.

4.0 out of 5 stars One thing missing..., 12 Mar 2014
L. P. Watler "watts7" (weston super mare) - See all my reviews
I'm gradually falling in love with this album, slowly but surely... From talking to other elbow fans and from my own experience, their music is a slow burner. Their less is more style is not easy listening but challenging, but to people who are intelligent enough to understand the process they truly are a thing of beauty. Guy Garvey is without a doubt a poet in the truest sense of the word, his lyrics are often provocative sometimes heart breaking, but always crafted in slightly tarnished gold... But, the one thing I found missing? A strong opening track... "Starlings" is sublime, "The Birds" is brilliant; "This Blue World" just didn't seem to go anywhere. maybe it's early days, maybe I'm being over critical; maybe I'll see...

5.0 out of 5 stars The fourth chamber of my heart is yours forever, 11 Mar 2014
Cheryl 2212 (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
I understand this album was written after Guy Garvey's long term relationship broke down and he took a transatlantic flight to give himself some time alone and I feel some of the songs on this album reflect the heartbreak and sense of loss that come from this. The opening track This Blue World is a lovely opening to this new album and it also ends with the hauntingly beautiful track The blanket Of The Night in between we have what I think is a bit of a mixed bag of tracks .Love the upbeat track Fly Boy Blue and of course the optimism in the track New York Morning all in all a lovely album to add to your collection and will see some of you in Birmingham next month

5.0 out of 5 stars Return To Form, 11 Mar 2014
robotfish "robotfish" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I remember the day The Seldom Seen Kid came out. I had only just realised what a masterpiece Leaders of the Free World was, and was incredibly excited to get the follow up. Surprisingly I loved SSK straight away since the three before it had all taken a bit of time to appreciate.

With Build a Rocket, the wheels came off. It was lightweight and dull (3 or 4 tracks aside), and I have never really given it much time. However, for the 3 days I've had this it has been compulsive listening. It is a throwback to the first two albums. Subtle moods, proggy key changes. What is better: the lyrics. As a boozy poet Guy matures with age.

The high lights come early for me, Blue World, Charge , and Fly Boy Blue/Lynette are peerless. The sound is warm, inviting and soothing. The songs fill the speakers, but never sound huge. Always intimate.

At 58 minutes long, these 10 songs are given time to breathe and develop, there are no two minute pop thrills here. So take your time and luxuriate in this wonderful album. Too early to say where it ranks, but it's a whole lot better than Build A Rocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding depth, 23 May 2014
I love this album. Its cleverly written, catchy and its depth is amazing. So many hooks grab you and snare you to repeat listenings. From the obvious pull in song of My Sad Captains, Charge soon comes to the fore with more listens. New York Morning is incredibly catchy. I have to restrict myself to not listen to it continuously as I drive my family mad, but way more importantly, I don't want this album to be background music for a long, long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another masterpiece, 18 Mar 2014
Not a duff track on this album. I'm tempted to say best yet. Bring on 16th April at the o2. Cant wait.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant new album, 16 Mar 2014
Mark Lane (Berwick upon Tweed, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
A Brilliant album. Elbow just go from strength to strength. This studio album is a beautifully crafted piece of work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Mar 2014
I have never written a review before, but just had to for this album. Without a doubt it is their best. I love every track and can't stop listening to it. Happy to recommend to anyone, whether they are Elbow fans or new to the band, I know they will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars five star, 11 Mar 2014
Yet another outstanding collection of star quality Elbow songs to add to my collection.
Elbow can do no wrong in my book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cd, 21 Sep 2014
Great cd. Elbow continue to turn out great music.

‹ Previous | 122 23 2433 | Next ›