Format: MP3 DownloadChange

on 15 August 2015
While not as consistent as 'Aphrodite', 'Kiss Me Once' is still a solid album. Some tracks are better than others, often the case with any album. I like 'Into The Blue' but did find it to be quite typical of her sound, whereas the second single, 'I Was Gonna Cancel' (her collaborative effort with Pharrell) is far better and grabs you straight away. Some may beg to differ, as the single drew a mixed response from both critics and fans, but I love it and for me it's one of the major highlights.

It's true to say that 'Into The Blue' does sound similar to 'All The Lovers'. It's easy to see why it became the first release culled from the project, but as the first single it didn't really bring any surprises. The thumping bass on 'Million Miles' is packed with an infectious arrangement, making this seem like ideal single fodder, as is the case with 'Sexy Love', which really bares a contagious hook. 'Sexercize' has grown on me since I first purchased this album. I found it silly and a little too forced an effort on my first listen, but since then I've grown to really like it. Things are more mellow on the R&B-flavoured and dreamy 'Feels So Good'. 'If Only' packs a wallop, but somehow is less effective than some of the other tracks here, while the stomping 'Les Sex' is another highlight that I think would have made the perfect first single.

The title-track seems like an affectionate throw-back to her late 80s era, only with much more fire and flair and serves as a welcome inclusion. 'Beautiful', the duet with Enrique Iglesias, while being far from the best track is certainly not as bad as some make it out to be. Their actually is good vocal chemistry that shines through on here, but working far better is the hip final track 'Fine', another irresistible dance-pop confection which Kylie has such an uncanny knack for.

All in all, it's a worthwhile album and essential to any Kylie fan. Some may quibble about some of the American-style sounds that flow through the entire project, but this isn't really a distraction.

Ian Phillips
on 30 May 2014
Being a longtime Kylie fan, and considering the string of hits in her back catalogue, I have to admit to being slightly disappointed by this release. Poorly promoted with bad single choices, the cynic in me feels like this is a rushed perfunctory release to give Kylie an excuse to tour.

Having said that, this is mostly very listenable (if slightly forgettable) pop music and it has definitely grown on me after a few listens. It's got plenty of upbeat songs which suit her voice, and for the most part the songs sound well produced and current.

The standout tracks for me: Into The Blue, Sexy Love, I Was Gonna Cancel, Kiss Me Once, If Only and Sleeping With The Enemy.

NB Sexercise is a really terrible track, I actually struggle to listen to it. Tired, dated dubstep with cringey lyrics. I don't care much for the Enrique Iglesias duet either but it's not awful just my personal taste.

In a nutshell, I like it but wish they had spent a bit more time making this a bit more of a killer album. This is worth a buy for Kylie fans. Get the deluxe edition for "Sleeping With The Enemy"... why that song is a bonus track is a bit puzzling to me as it's great.
on 5 March 2015
A new classic from Kylie. Less pop more bang. A really well constructed and diverse album. Les Sex, Into The Blue and Sexy Love being my favourites. Rediscover Kylie with this great collection of tunes. Apart from the video for into the Blue the DVD doesn’t really have much on it of note. Maybe just stick to the CD if behind the scenes isn’t your thing.
on 21 March 2014
This album is amazing! Kylie sounds soo crisp and sexy on certain songs .her 12th album is one of my favourite albums of her back catalogue , kylie maybe older than half the female singers out there but she is better than all of them she is showing them how its done xx love love this album buy buy it xx
on 19 March 2014
Hmm, I'm a Brit that lives in the US and have been an advocate of Kylie's over here for many years. For too long in America Ms. Minogue was only known for 2 songs, The Locomotion and Can't Get You Out Of My Head. I have to say that my American friends have never thought much of Kylie, much to my annoyance. But then they didn't grow up with her or watch Neighbours. What has happened to her voice though? When I played them really early Kylie they did not believe it was the same person. They liked it. A lot. Indeed her voice sounds SO much stronger, richer and fuller on the first 4 albums. On this album she sounds extremely nasally and becomes ever more girly and breathy, quite disposable and with zero depth. As on every album since the brilliant Light Years. It has become increasingly annoying. Sorry Kylie but I want the warmth back. Maybe it was the SAW touch.
on 2 April 2014
A really nice album but some strange choices of singles, and bonus tracks. Its just seems they decide to always skip releasing some of the best songs on Kylies albums and focus on the least popular and desperate dare I say.

Over the years Kylie has thrown away so many great single potentials and looks like they are doing it again with this album.

Not including Sleeping with the enemy on the main album is total madness. Million Miles, If Only, Les Sex, Feels so good, Fine all great tracks.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 August 2015
While not Kylie's finest moment, there are some absolutely fabulous tunes on this CD, most notably the title track. So disappointing that it didn't do greater things for the eternally beautiful [inside and out] Miss Minogue.
on 12 May 2014
Another high quality vinyl record offered by Kylie.
A nice, uplifting disco-pop album that offers a fresh breeze compared to the raunchy, loud tracks that are shoved down our throats by the modern music industry.
The only downside to this release is the fact that the two bonus tracks offered by the deluxe edition of the (included) CD aren't
featured on the vinyl disc as well.
Track 13 - Sleeping With The Enemy is a great song that should have made the final cut, it's actually one of the best songs of the album.
Still five out of five stars though, not a single lame track on this record, just a few great songs that are a little more appealing than the other great ones.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 September 2015
I wasn't impressed with this album, I have seen Kylie live and on TV and its always been amazing, however I find it quite boring to listen to. I expect this is an album for her extremly devoted fans!
on 25 June 2015
Saw her in concert last year excellent