5.0 out of 5 stars Kylie's still got it - lot's of it!
Published 4 days ago by Star

3.0 out of 5 stars A SAW point. Americans prefer early Kylie!
Published 6 months ago by Rupert

5.0 out of 5 stars Kylie's still got it - lot's of it!, 13 Sep 2014
This review is from: Kiss Me Once [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I remember hearing the name "Kylie Minogue" as a child but didn't really pay attention until her comeback in 2000. That was partly due to the fact she was releasing hit songs before I turned 1 years old. Having since become a huge fan of her work and listening back to her earlier stuff - I feel that this is one of her best albums. My favourite from her is X, and I would rate this one second place. There are typical Kylie pop tracks mixed with groovier joints that really work. It's fun, it's sexy and there are some right pop gems on this record.

5.0 out of 5 stars Into the blue with nothing to lose indeed, 9 Sep 2014
This review is from: Kiss Me Once [CD+DVD] (Audio CD)
As there's a first time for everything, which personally meant buying a Kylie album! Will admit I was cautious when the news first broke about Kylie signing a management deal with Roc Nation, but if this is a sign of things to come then bring on more! It's like she's been given a new lease of life through venturing out of her comfort zone (a lot like 'Into The Blue'). Great album

4.0 out of 5 stars Read her body language, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: Kiss Me Once (Audio CD)
For 27 years now, Kylie Minogue has been able to maintain her pop queen status by sticking to her fun and frothy formula. She never feels like an artist struggling to impose her character in the music world, and so pretty much everyone likes her, a fact that works in her favour all these years. On "Kiss me once", she convenes an elite team of producers / songwriters trying out new sounds, which she conforms to her glam dance-pop aesthetic. Her incomparable ear for dance-floor gold material proves her right yet once again. Framed by 2 outstanding examples of beautifully crafted pop -lead single "Into the blue", and closing track "Fine"- what we get is a handful of great moments, a bunch of fillers, some sexy lyrics, lots of playful fun; pretty much everything found on any Kylie album.

Kylie is a master in getting good material out of her collaborators, a tradition that began with Stock / Aitken / Waterman back in the 80s, and is now continued into the age of Sia and Pharell. "Kiss me once" is depthless, harmless fun at its best. The standout track, however, is a "serious" moment rather than the deliciously infectious poppiness of "Les sex" and "Sexercize"; "Sleeping with the enemy" is a Massive Attack-influenced beauty, criminally left out of the standard tracklist. You cannot blame Kylie for consistently delivering catchy, bubblegum hits, but therein lies her strength; her effortless ability (or well-practised tactic) to turn anything cheesy and contrived into something positive, enjoyable, and utterly her own. I'd most definately like to kiss her once ...I should be so lucky!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good, if slightly forgettable affair..., 30 May 2014
This review is from: Kiss Me Once [CD+DVD] (Audio CD)
Being a longtime Kylie fan, and considering the string of hits in her back catalogue, I have to admit to being slightly disappointed by this release. Poorly promoted with bad single choices, the cynic in me feels like this is a rushed perfunctory release to give Kylie an excuse to tour.

Having said that, this is mostly very listenable (if slightly forgettable) pop music and it has definitely grown on me after a few listens. It's got plenty of upbeat songs which suit her voice, and for the most part the songs sound well produced and current.

The standout tracks for me: Into The Blue, Sexy Love, I Was Gonna Cancel, Kiss Me Once, If Only and Sleeping With The Enemy.

NB Sexercise is a really terrible track, I actually struggle to listen to it. Tired, dated dubstep with cringey lyrics. I don't care much for the Enrique Iglesias duet either but it's not awful just my personal taste.

In a nutshell, I like it but wish they had spent a bit more time making this a bit more of a killer album. This is worth a buy for Kylie fans. Get the deluxe edition for "Sleeping With The Enemy"... why that song is a bonus track is a bit puzzling to me as it's great.

3.0 out of 5 stars A SAW point. Americans prefer early Kylie!, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: Kiss Me Once (Audio CD)
Hmm, I'm a Brit that lives in the US and have been an advocate of Kylie's over here for many years. For too long in America Ms. Minogue was only known for 2 songs, The Locomotion and Can't GYOOM Head. I have to say that my American friends have never thought much of Kylie, much to my annoyance. But then they didn't grow up with her or watch Neighbours. What has happened to her voice though? When I played them really early Kylie they did not believe it was the same person. They liked it. Indeed her voice sounds SO much stronger, richer and fuller on the first 4 albums. On this album she sounds extremely nasally and becomes ever more girly and breathy, quite disposable and with zero depth. As on every album since the brilliant Light Years. It's becoming increasingly annoying. Sorry Kylie but I want the warmth back. Maybe it was the SAW touch.

4.0 out of 5 stars "Sleeping With The Enemy" should have been on the album and not just a bonus track., 2 April 2014
This review is from: Kiss Me Once [CD+DVD] (Audio CD)
A really nice album but some strange choices of singles, and bonus tracks. Its just seems they decide to always skip releasing some of the best songs on Kylies albums and focus on the least popular and desperate dare I say.

Over the years Kylie has thrown away so many great single potentials and looks like they are doing it again with this album.

Not including Sleeping with the enemy on the main album is total madness. Million Miles, If Only, Les Sex, Feels so good, Fine all great tracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... appreciate this album but it is one of Kylie's best albums since Impossible princess, 8 Sep 2014
This review is from: Kiss Me Once (Audio CD)
It took me a couple of listens to truly appreciate this album but it is one of Kylie's best albums since Impossible princess,

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, great for work out at gym really ..., 15 Sep 2014
This review is from: Kiss Me Once (Audio CD)
Love it , great for work out at gym really good sing along tunes, would highly recomend

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy The Deluxe Version, 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: Kiss Me Once [CD+DVD] (Audio CD)
This album certainly takes a few listens & I cannot understand why Sexercise even made it close to being included on the album; now it has a tacky video to back it up, what is she thinking when a wonderful track, Sleeping With The Enemy, is just a bonus track? Having said that there are some great tracks on the standard album - I Was Gonna Cancel, Kiss Me Once & Into The Blue. Kylie doesn't need to have three tracks with sex in the title at this point in her career, she's way too classy for that.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my pick of Kylie's Discography, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Kiss Me Once [CD+DVD] (Audio CD)
I have loved Kylie since Spinning Around came out and while i still love her i feel her best album since then is X having them all on CD i love the Kylie Minogue's 94 and 98 but for me this album isn't all that good and i wished it was after hearing into the blue i had such high hopes :/

For me tho i do believe this to be better than Aphrodite

Kiss Me Once