4.0 out of 5 stars A good, if slightly forgettable affair...
Being a longtime Kylie fan, and considering the string of hits in her back catalogue, I have to admit to being slightly disappointed by this release. Poorly promoted with bad single choices, the cynic in me feels like this is a rushed perfunctory release to give Kylie an excuse to tour.

Having said that, this is mostly very listenable (if slightly forgettable)...
Published 4 months ago by Freddie

3.0 out of 5 stars Read her body language
Published 7 months ago by Scarlet Jupiter

3.0 out of 5 stars Read her body language, 17 Mar 2014
Scarlet Jupiter - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Kiss Me Once (Audio CD)
For 27 years now, Kylie Minogue has been able to maintain her pop queen status by sticking to her fun and frothy formula. She never feels like an artist struggling to impose her character in the music world, and so pretty much everyone likes her, a fact that works in her favour all these years. On "Kiss me once", she convenes an elite team of producers / songwriters trying out new sounds, which she conforms to her glam dance-pop aesthetic. Her incomparable ear for dance-floor gold material proves her right yet once again. Framed by 2 outstanding examples of beautifully crafted pop - lead single "Into the blue" and closing track "Fine" - what we get is a handful of great moments, a bunch of fillers, some sexy lyrics, lots of playful fun; pretty much everything found on any Kylie album.

Kylie is a master in getting good material out of her collaborators, a tradition that began with Stock / Aitken / Waterman back in the 80s, and is now continued into the age of Sia and Pharell. "Kiss me once" is depthless, harmless fun at its best. The standout track, however, is a "serious" moment rather than the deliciously infectious poppiness of "Les sex" and "Sexercize"; "Sleeping with the enemy" is a Massive Attack-influenced beauty, criminally left out of the standard tracklist. You cannot blame Kylie for consistently delivering catchy, bubblegum hits, but therein lies her strength; her effortless ability (or well-practised tactic) to turn anything cheesy and contrived into something positive, enjoyable, and utterly her own. I'd most definately like to kiss her once ...I should be so lucky!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good, if slightly forgettable affair..., 30 May 2014
This review is from: Kiss Me Once [CD+DVD] (Audio CD)

Having said that, this is mostly very listenable (if slightly forgettable) pop music and it has definitely grown on me after a few listens. It's got plenty of upbeat songs which suit her voice, and for the most part the songs sound well produced and current.

The standout tracks for me: Into The Blue, Sexy Love, I Was Gonna Cancel, Kiss Me Once, If Only and Sleeping With The Enemy.

NB Sexercise is a really terrible track, I actually struggle to listen to it. Tired, dated dubstep with cringey lyrics. I don't care much for the Enrique Iglesias duet either but it's not awful just my personal taste.

In a nutshell, I like it but wish they had spent a bit more time making this a bit more of a killer album. This is worth a buy for Kylie fans. Get the deluxe edition for "Sleeping With The Enemy"... why that song is a bonus track is a bit puzzling to me as it's great.

3.0 out of 5 stars A SAW point. Americans prefer early Kylie!, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: Kiss Me Once (Audio CD)
Hmm, I'm a Brit that lives in the US and have been an advocate of Kylie's over here for many years. For too long in America Ms. Minogue was only known for 2 songs, The Locomotion and Can't GYOOM Head. I have to say that my American friends have never thought much of Kylie, much to my annoyance. But then they didn't grow up with her or watch Neighbours. What has happened to her voice though? When I played them really early Kylie they did not believe it was the same person. They liked it. Indeed her voice sounds SO much stronger, richer and fuller on the first 4 albums. On this album she sounds extremely nasally and becomes ever more girly and breathy, quite disposable and with zero depth. As on every album since the brilliant Light Years. It's becoming increasingly annoying. Sorry Kylie but I want the warmth back. Maybe it was the SAW touch.

4.0 out of 5 stars "Sleeping With The Enemy" should have been on the album and not just a bonus track., 2 April 2014
This review is from: Kiss Me Once [CD+DVD] (Audio CD)
A really nice album but some strange choices of singles, and bonus tracks. Its just seems they decide to always skip releasing some of the best songs on Kylies albums and focus on the least popular and desperate dare I say.

Over the years Kylie has thrown away so many great single potentials and looks like they are doing it again with this album.

Not including Sleeping with the enemy on the main album is total madness. Million Miles, If Only, Les Sex, Feels so good, Fine all great tracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Kylie and for good reason given my fav girl ..., 23 Sep 2014
Arthur Danielles "Terry Danielles" (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kiss Me Once [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Love Kylie and for good reason given my fav girl Suzy Hopwood does her Kylie Tribute! Overall what can I say, I'm biased! Looking forward to the tour and seeing Kylie once again on stage dazzling her audience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, great for work out at gym really ..., 15 Sep 2014
This review is from: Kiss Me Once (Audio CD)
Love it , great for work out at gym really good sing along tunes, would highly recomend

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my pick of Kylie's Discography, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Kiss Me Once [CD+DVD] (Audio CD)
I have loved Kylie since Spinning Around came out and while i still love her i feel her best album since then is X having them all on CD i love the Kylie Minogue's 94 and 98 but for me this album isn't all that good and i wished it was after hearing into the blue i had such high hopes :/

For me tho i do believe this to be better than Aphrodite

3.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Kiss Me Once (MP3 Download)
Apart from 'Into the Blue' the choice is singles is poor.... there are some better songs on the album for a release.........she needs a proper hit.... the last real one was 'all the lovers'

It's a shame as the formula is getting weak and predictable........3 stars because she is lovely but please Kylie do what you do best next time

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps getting better., 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: Kiss Me Once [VINYL] (Vinyl)
On the first listen I really thought that Kylie had blown it however after a few plays this album is up there with X and impossible princess. 100 times better than the generic Aphrodite and Fever albums. This is most probably the first Kylie album that I don't skip any tracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 26 Mar 2014
Ms. J. Birch "JEN B" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kiss Me Once (MP3 Download)
If I am honest was undecided if I was going to buy album. I loved into the blue but was not sure about the other songs after listening to small clips. Then I read other reviews most given it high scores. So I took the chance and glad I did because after a couple of listens I was hooked.

Kiss Me Once