4.0 out of 5 stars Spirit of Ronnie Lane
Published 15 months ago by Pol4959

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice to hear something new.
Nice to hear something new., can't wait to hear future efforts. but I guess I'll have to. when is in the hands of the artist.
Published 15 months ago by Mr. John A. Baker

4.0 out of 5 stars Spirit of Ronnie Lane, 20 Mar. 2014
Pol4959 (Orpington, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live in Session EP (MP3 Download)
A good time sound here with distinct echoes of Ronnie Lane's Slim Chance travelling band. The key to it as well for me is the wonderful sound of that 'rockin' accordion. In truth I could have marked it as 3.5 stars but the accordion instrumental breaks are so good and I need to let the songs register over time together with the joint male/female voices. Also it is a 'live' recording and I think I detect a King Creosote feel to the vocal approach that may work its way into my brain over time as all his songs do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great songs, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Live in Session EP (MP3 Download)
The three songs on this EP grew on me to the point that I had to listen to them each day. Let's have more, please!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice to hear something new., 8 April 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for a free download, 27 Mar. 2014
Crackdown (Knighton, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live in Session EP (MP3 Download)
This was offered as a free download, and always willing to try new music/bands etc I decided to give it a go. Not too sure about the music after the first listen, I think it could be it will grow on me more as time goes on.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 22 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Live in Session EP (MP3 Download)
I heard about this in a mailshot from Amazon, and since it was free, I thought I'd download it and give it a listen. However, I can't see me giving it a second playing as all three tracks were pretty dull and lifeless. Not for me I'm afraid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Raw, 22 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Live in Session EP (MP3 Download)
The work is raw but interesting. Feels impromptu and spontaneous. I enjoyed this first taste of the Melodic and may try to listen to more

5.0 out of 5 stars Great band. One to watch out for, 22 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Live in Session EP (MP3 Download)
Great music. Beautifully written, raw folk music at its best. Got a sample album from Amazon and will now get their album

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 8 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Live in Session EP (MP3 Download)
not my taste but good musicians

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special, 20 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Live in Session EP (MP3 Download)
I had no trouble accessing this - it went straight to my Amazon Cloud and I downloaded it from there. Then I listened to it. Then I deleted it... because it's really not that great. One male and one female voice over some plinky banjo. It's not really proper folk music, just some cod folky finger-in-ear vocal stylings. And it's not really Mumford-like pop either , as it is lacking in any energy or character. The songs themselves lack originality or substance, both musically and lyrically. They might sound better on stage with an audience, and they might sound better on a properly recorded studio album, I can't say. But on the evidence of this half-hearted Lounge session they have little to offer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Frustration, 20 Mar. 2014
D. C. Missen "Mr Frustrated" (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live in Session EP (MP3 Download)
I am sure this is very good, if only I could work out how to download it...amazon downloader really is a waste of my time and disc space

Live in Session EP