on 24 March 2014
What a brilliant idea. The very day the short list for this year's award was announced I was able to read all six stories. And what a great and varied selection it is. I'm fascinated to know which the judges will pick to be winner. I've read them all a couple of times and keep changing my mind.
on 25 July 2014
If you like short stories, you'll love this selection.
on 17 September 2014
I'm not usually a short story reader, but I wanted to get a flavour of the 'best of the best' and wasn't disappointed. All the stories were interesting and accessible, apart from the last one, which I abandoned due to its apparent willful avoidance of full stops. I'm too old for that kind of gimmick!

The overall winner has now been announced. See if you can guess which one it was.
on 17 September 2014
Very original. Enjoyable tales.
on 11 December 2014