We bought this Panasonic DMP-BDT260EB to work with our newish Panasonic 42" LED TV. Overall we are pleased with it and the picture performance (which is what really matters) is very good on DVD, Blu-Ray and Blu-Ray 3D. The built in Wi-Fi means you'll also be adding smart TV functionality if your TV doesn't already have it - you'll get BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Facebook, You Tube and more plus Web access.

The unit itself is compact and smart looking with minimal controls on it and no clock which we regard as a bonus, instead, the display appears on your TV screen. You'll need an HDMI lead to get going if you don't already have one. An upside of this player is that it has true built in Wi-Fi capability, beware that many DVD players that say they have Wi-Fi require the additional purchase of a dongle which can cost almost as much as the player itself. The player is DNLA compatible for interconnecting with other compatible AV appliances.

Installation is easy and at first switch on the device will take you through setup including Wi-Fi - the only thing to watch out for is despite recognising we are located in the UK, the unit thought our TV system was NTSC (the US standard) rather than PAL - it still worked ok though. You have two startup options - a quick start option where the player consumes slightly more power in standby but starts near instantly, or, you can conserve power, but the player takes a few seconds longer to start playing - unless you are in a tearing hurry the economy setting is fine.

The remote control is nicer than most with largish buttons for main functions and also gives you control of the primary functions of your Panasonic TV. What is odd though is that our Panasonic TV remote which has DVD control buttons won't operate this unit (our TV is under a year old). There's a USB socket on the front and support for an external hard drive which worked perfectly. I can also confirm that the BDT-260EB plays discs we've burnt with programmes like Magix Photostory.

Both the picture quality and sound on this unit are very good with sharp pictures, nice colour rendition (it has a "deep colour" setting if your TV supports the facility), and there are plenty of sound options too. I tested the 3D Blu-Ray capability using David Attenborough's "3D Galapagos" and the results were excellent.

This is a good BluRay player which delivers quality sound and vision plus sports true WiFi. Recommended.
on 9 January 2015
A lot of 3D Blue ray player for the price with WI FI To Netflix included.

The truth is I bought this unit to replace its predecessor I bought about 6 months previously. It had a sound glitch that would mute for 5 seconds every half an hour or so. Lo and behold this new one gave me the same problem. Deep down I thought its not the unit more like me, user/pilot set up error. I have always been a fan of Panasonic for both reliability quality and long lasting. The sound problem I solved. It was due to inserting an additional HDMI Cable into the TV In addition to the one from the sound unit. Should be HDMI Out from DVD Player, Into sound unit, out from sound unit into HDMI ARC TV. One HDMI Cable to TV. Not two.

I gave the original unit to a relative as a present he found no sound problems, nothing wrong with the unit. I always read the instructions first on any new equipment they are so easy to follow. And I can still mess up. The only problem was me the user.

To sum up as a 3D Blue ray player its fantastic more than I can say for me the owner.
on 4 June 2014
Very pleased with this unit, as it works perfectly with other Panasonic equipment. Sits very neatly on the shelf. Like all these players these days, surprisingly small. Would have been more convenient to have at least one USB connection on the side as opposed to front and back of unit. Very easy to see screen menus and easy to navigate to get to your required function. I've actually been able to retire my beloved WD media box, as I can plug my portable hard disk in to the USB on this unit and watch films from it.
Great to have the wireless connectivity. Sadly, just like the Panasonic TVs, don't expect Netflix to work, unless you have fibre broadband I suspect. I have about 3-4mb most of the time and it always returns an error telling me there's no network connection, even though there is!
Personally, I find the manual a bit of a nightmare and I used to write the things! Far too many reference to functions that apply to other global regions,this works here, but not there, that works there but not here, that bits on this machine when it sold over there but not here - lazy authoring, just to keep cost down and very confusing for the customer, when first setting up and using an unfamiliar machine.
All that said, good bit of kit, very happy with it.
on 28 January 2015
Initially very pleased, sleek neat little unit which gives out a great quality picture. Like others the unit froze a couple of times but seemed ok after reset, 3 weeks on from new and it has packed up all together. Obviously as others have had same problems this isn't a very reliable unit. Hoping a replacement item isn't going to be any hassle to get and that I might fair luckier with a new one?

Update: Had a replacement unit from seller no hassles, used this one for 2 weeks and it's failed again in exactly the same way. Sorry to say this unit has a major reliability issue so be warned.

Returned, nothing but trouble this unit, bought a Sony, way more features and apps at same price. Been extremely reliable as well.
on 13 May 2014
Straight out of the box and into the TV - very intuitive to use and I was up and running in no time.

A great picture on the Blu Ray DVD and the unit connected easily to my wi fi with no fuss. I was onto You Tube and I player in no time at all. The USB port also allows me to watch/listen to other media such as family videos and photographs.

My only grumble was that an HDMI cable was not included and keying in searches on You Tube can be a little tedious letter by letter from the remote but not a problem really.

A bargain for the price.
on 15 February 2015
What a brilliant bit of kit this is, if anyone wants a blu-ray player get this one, it took me about 5 minutes to set up and the wireless internet works a treat 5 out of 5 from me.
on 4 January 2015
Bought this for my Dad and he is in love with it. I did a lot of research on the most easiest to use with the best remote control layout. The built-in wifi is an absolute plus.
on 11 February 2015
Really good item, easy to set up and use, even easier for my 8 year old son to work better than me.. Would recommend this item.
on 4 August 2015
worked fine for a few months, now it keeps saying.... no disc even ones its played before . please avoid this item as you wont get your money back. if werent for the fact i have to buy frrom amazon living in the wilds of spain where they dont stock anything. also if i had known this was going to be dispached from amazon spain i wouldent have touched it as the country is 50 years behind in most things.
on 26 January 2015
Great picture Blue-ray and DVD/CD player. Also plays content (movies-music-photos) from hard disks either directly connected to the front USB port or via the local network. The WiFi capability is a great feature and simplifies installation and functionality. Brilliant multimedia player at the price!